Week 6 FAAB

fflmaster

Week 6 FAAB

Post by fflmaster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Tebow went 640 in my classsic with a big runner up bid.
I have Cam in a few big leagues as my backup at the beginning of the season so really dont need Tebow but if my qb was say Freeman Kolb,Schaub and many more i would be putting up a hefty bid on Tebow. eddie, you almost hit my qbs exactly.

kobb, freeman and grossman.. so i went heavy on tebow.

[ October 14, 2011, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: fflmaster ]
its nice to be the master

MGB MARTY

Week 6 FAAB

Post by MGB MARTY » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Got Battle 2 weeks ago for 2 Tebow bid no where close. In main having Winslow as TE 1 hurts Took Flyers on D Walker maybe they copy NE with 2 TE end attack and Fells since Tebow will pass short. Think NE and not a big fan but at times they set precedent of what works. 2 TE with 1 in slot works for them and I think teams copy game plan. Olsen/Shockey Watson/Moore think SF will do same Just an opinion
Marty

Glenneration X

Week 6 FAAB

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Tweaked different players all over the place depending upon who I wanted to shed and where. The guy I took a flyer on for more teams than I realized was Aromashodu. I think he gets a window of opportunity here and I guess I'm hoping he's the player some of us thought he might be going into last season. I also think his skill set fits with an aging and inaccurate McNabb who can't throw a precision pass to save his life, but can still float one deep and have someone run under it. We'll see.

Glenneration X

Week 6 FAAB

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Couldnt believe the money spent on Donald Brown and Lumkin,damn.Trying to get any kind of running back on bye weeks is almost impossible.Had to settle on Kuhn , damnit. I was able to grab Brown for reasonable dollars in a few places where I needed RB depth during the bye weeks. I don't think Carter looks that good at all and Brown gets his opportunities. He's also the better pass protector so he'll be on the field a bit. Of course Brown hasn't ever looked that good either, but the Colts drafted him #1 a couple years back for a reason. There's certainly a chance for him here for a week or two while Addai heals. Let's not forget that Addai was left for dead two years ago when Brown was drafted. This year Brown's left for dead because of Carter. Maybe history will be revisited and Brown pulls an Addai and "blooms" late and becomes relevant. Probably not, but where else you going cheap at RB this week.

nolencole

Week 6 FAAB

Post by nolencole » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Tebow 658...
Jackie Battle 803...

AA
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

King of Queens

Week 6 FAAB

Post by King of Queens » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:25 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
I was able to grab Brown for reasonable dollars There's that term again! :D

Believe me, I get where you guys are coming from. Pickings are mighty slim with four straight weeks of only 26 teams playing. With that said, there have been double-digit point producers on the wire each and every week.

Good luck with your lottery tickets in Week 6!

RedRyder

Week 6 FAAB

Post by RedRyder » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:42 am

I have Cam in a few big leagues as my backup at the beginning of the season so really dont need Tebow but if my qb was say Freeman Kolb,Schaub and many more i would be putting up a hefty bid on Tebow. Edie, how is Schaub lumped in with those bums? Matt Schaub is the 10th best QB in the NFFC, ahead of oh, say Big Ben and Rivers, coming in at 23.6 a game. I'll take those points from my QB any week.
@RedRyder

renman

Week 6 FAAB

Post by renman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:51 am

I went after some secondary WR guys like Harry Douglas, Johnny Knox (hope to catch him the week he goes 6-109-td). I was lucky enough to have picked up Baldwin in all four of my NFFC leagues last week but only started him once.

Got outbid for Battle and Tebow. I am not very confident Tebow is going to produce but in my one league (drafted Peyton) the QB position is killing me and wanted to roll dice on him.

Eddiejag

Week 6 FAAB

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:15 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
I have Cam in a few big leagues as my backup at the beginning of the season so really dont need Tebow but if my qb was say Freeman Kolb,Schaub and many more i would be putting up a hefty bid on Tebow. Edie, how is Schaub lumped in with those bums? Matt Schaub is the 10th best QB in the NFFC, ahead of oh, say Big Ben and Rivers, coming in at 23.6 a game. I'll take those points from my QB any week.
[/QUOTE]Sorry Jules i should have been clear ,i just mentioned a couple off the top of my head .Newton is now a top 5 qb who you can play every week,so i should have named the 3 qb's who i might play over Cam.
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Thats about it i would take Cam over any other qb from here on out.Fantasy wise this guy is just unreal ,if he doesnt run one in and doesnt run for 30 to 50 yards your dissapointed.
I did target Cam and got him in three of my six leagues.In the Diamond league Cam went 20th round pick 8 ,he was almost not drafted in the biggest money league of them all. [UNREAL]
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

RedRyder

Week 6 FAAB

Post by RedRyder » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:12 pm

quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
[/QUOTE]Sorry Jules i should have been clear ,i just mentioned a couple off the top of my head .Newton is now a top 5 qb who you can play every week,so i should have named the 3 qb's who i might play over Cam.
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Thats about it i would take Cam over any other qb from here on out.Fantasy wise this guy is just unreal ,if he doesnt run one in and doesnt run for 30 to 50 yards your dissapointed.
I did target Cam and got him in three of my six leagues.In the Diamond league Cam went 20th round pick 8 ,he was almost not drafted in the biggest money league of them all. [UNREAL]
[/QUOTE]I got Cam in 2 leagues only...I clearly did not see the light!!! Wish I had, but kudos to all that did!!!!
@RedRyder