UPGRADE AP/ DOWNGRADE GRAHAM AND PITTMAN?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:15 am

In business you never want to hear an executive talking about what he wants, you want to hear him talk about what the customer wants. Likewise, the objective in communication is to make a point to someone in a way that is understandable to THEM. You wouldn't talk to someone in Chinese that is fluent in English, would you? Or would you?

I can't read this cap-crap anymore. Game over, my eyes hurt.

[ October 04, 2007, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:49 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Hman83:
This argument about nothing has now gone Seinfeldian--------- and its just as funny!!

Maybe KOTRAX was caught in a state of shrinkage by his bud's g-fren and wants to stay perpetually large (CAPITAL) just in case the situation repeats.
HMan83 Hman, is KOTRAX sponge-worthy?
[/QUOTE]No, and he doesn't have a square to spare! :D
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:55 pm

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
NO I AM NOT SAYING THAT. HOWEVER I CAN REALIZE THAT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND I ABLE TO ACCEPT PEOPLE AND THEIR DECISONS FOR WHO AND WHAT THEY ARE. I WOULD NOT PUSH MY BELIEFS ON OTHERS. WHILE I MAY SUGGEST SOME THING TO OTHER PEOPLE AND THEY CAN MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES FROM THERE. AT THE SAME TIME I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO PUSH THEIR BELEIFS ON ME. Dude, typing in CAPS has nothing to do with beliefs nor who a person is. Do you not realize it IS harder to read. It looks like a big mess if you ask me...which you didn't.

Seriously, though, could you type a paper for college or h.s. with this style...well I guess you could, but Prof KJ would give you a big goose egg. I could care less how you want to type, but just so you know, it really is harder to read than "normal" typing.

Superpion

Post by Superpion » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm

Kotrax and KJ Duke,

I am not making any personal judgments towards either one of you and I have no formal credentials to play referee but I will do so anyways:

Let's start off with an example that doesn't involve world hunger or famine; Let's say that a person speaks with profanity on a regular basis. He does this not out of malicious intent but rather because that's just the way that he prefers to talk. Certain groups, such as a church group of senior citizens, might find this type of language to be offensive in nature. If this person were around the group of senior citizens and used colorful language because that's how he talked and his friends, family members, neighbors and co-workers accepted his profanity as a part of who he was, it wouldn't make him any less rude for speaking that way in front of those who might be offended.

KJ Duke suggested the yahoo or google search to demonstrate that there are plenty of people who find the ALL CAPS usage to be rude and to be interpreted as shouting. This should leave no room for debate around KOTRAX's level of awareness surrounding how ALL CAPS can be interpreted by some segment of people on the web.

KOTRAX is entitled to do what he wants the way he wants to even if it's because it's the way he always done things but that explanation DOES NOT exclude the action from being rude or at the very least disrespectful to those who do interpret ALL CAPS as shouting.

From the standpoint of applying a logical argument, KJ Duke would get my vote.

Justifying one's actions by saying that "I do it this way because that's the way I've always done it" isn't really a justification at all.
"We see you've been missing a lot of work lately".

"I wouldnt say I've been missing it Bob". ---OFFICE SPACE

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:39 pm

My two cents:

It is extremely annoying and I usually just skip his comments. If that is the way he rolls, fine. But if someone e-mailed me in all caps, I would tell them once not to do so and after that would just start deleting their e-mails.

I have never seen anyone in the business world who typed in all caps. If they did, I am sure 95% of the world who saw their e-mails would be turned off completely and they would most certainly lose customers, their job, etc. If one of the people I supervised typed in all caps, I would be embarrased for them, me as their boss, and our company as a whole.

Kotrax, do what you please, but if you think most people who ask you about why you do it and you say, "that is just my style", just accept your answer.... I would beg to differ. I would guess most of them say things that you probably are glad you don't hear.

I am sure I do about 100 things that people hate, but I can tell you if person after person said that something I did was really annoying, I would get the hint and stop since I don't really "want" to annoy everyone. Especially if it simply means I push down on that little button and the left side of my keyboard called Caps Lock.

But by all means, do your thing sir. We really think it is awesome.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:54 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:
It's my god-given right [/QUOTE]The one place where a capital letter should be used and you didn't....shame on you.
God.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:58 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
NO ONE IS ENTERING ANY PHASE. BY THE WAY KJ YOU SAID YOU WOULD NEVER REPLY TO ANY OF MY POST BECAUSE OF THE ALL CAPS. NOW WE HAVE SPENT MOST OF THE DAY DEBATING THIS TOPIC. WHAT MADE YOU REPLY TO A "ALL CAPS" POST ANYWAY? SINCE YOU ARE SO AGAINST IT. Sometimes I do things that are distasteful in an attempt to change something for the better, if I can just help one person get over his CAPS afflication the world will be a better place. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect to change anything on my own, but if another 50 people like me do the same, every once in awhile someone will decide to be a little less rude. Its a numbers game.

I will in all probability go back to ignoring you once this topic is dead. I wasted a day of my life debating renman last year too. He has seemed to be a changed man of late, either that or I'm not paying attention anymore ...
[/QUOTE]KJ,

I think KOTRAX has already stated that he does all caps simply because he is lazy.

Think about it, he capitalizes EVERYTHING because he doesn't want anyone to criticize his mistakes for not capitalizing a word.

I guess I just don't see how you see it as "rude".

No big deal, I just don't see it.

And by the way Earnest Graham and Michael Pittman BOTH might not be the starter seeing how the Bucs have called everyone besides Barry Sanders to take the gig! :D
[/QUOTE]The word is they brought James Wilder and Erict Rhett in for a workout.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:18 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
NO I AM NOT SAYING THAT. HOWEVER I CAN REALIZE THAT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND I ABLE TO ACCEPT PEOPLE AND THEIR DECISONS FOR WHO AND WHAT THEY ARE. I WOULD NOT PUSH MY BELIEFS ON OTHERS. WHILE I MAY SUGGEST SOME THING TO OTHER PEOPLE AND THEY CAN MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES FROM THERE. AT THE SAME TIME I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO PUSH THEIR BELEIFS ON ME. Dude, typing in CAPS has nothing to do with beliefs nor who a person is. Do you not realize it IS harder to read. It looks like a big mess if you ask me...which you didn't.

Seriously, though, could you type a paper for college or h.s. with this style...well I guess you could, but Prof KJ would give you a big goose egg. I could care less how you want to type, but just so you know, it really is harder to read than "normal" typing.
[/QUOTE]agree 100%.

I pass on everything you write more than two lines. It's a cluster-f.

Why would you take the time to express your thoughts and then make them harder to read? What a waste of time.

Imagine if the entire net and/or newspapers were written in all caps. There's a reason why they aren't and you simply lack common courtesy and your excuse is old.

This is suppose to be a friendly community and you have CHOSEN to use a method that is commonly accepted as SHOUTING and it has resulted in arguments here. That's something to keep sticking up for!! You must be really proud.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:
It's my god-given right [/QUOTE]The one place where a capital letter should be used and you didn't....shame on you.
God.
[/QUOTE]Post edited GLU. No reason for me to offend someone for no reason. ;)