NFL .... Not For Long....

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:13 am

if they keep this grab ass game up ,Its crap like this ,( Not showing the Packers - Boys game tonight on ESPN ) that makes me lose my appetite for professional sports these days. The NFL made an approximate profit of 3 Billion ( with a B ) in merchandising last year and they are going to nickle and dime us for this NFL channel. Looks like I'll be watching the Rutgers - Louisville game. Screw these Greedy Bastards. :mad:
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:42 am

D-Day,

My sister lives in a foreign country (Texas) and loves her 'Boys and is she ever pissed. She could care less about the other games so the casual/non-FF fans are screwed but they have a choice. Pay up, go to a friends house or go out and have a few beverages somewhere with it. It's the American way, "screw the little guy".

I get it but as a fantasy football player don't tell me you do not have Directv and the NFL package? I would quit playing if I couldn't watch every game.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:41 am

TCH

I usually go down the street and watch the games every Sunday at the local sports Pub, BUT a Thursday Night ? , that just ain't right. That game should be a National Broadcast.

Its not like the NFL is hurting for $$$, and that's my whole problem with this.

The fans have been Loyal and what do they get in return ?

bend over and cough..!
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:02 am

I totally agree and this is another sign of the times. It is a total FU to the fans who have made the game what it is.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:42 am

Well, I have the NFL Network on my cable package so I'll be sitting back watching my 'Boys play tonight. I do agree that if the NFL is going to be playing games on Thursdays it should at least be on ESPN or one of the major networks, i.e. NBC, etc...
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

GOD Hates You

Post by GOD Hates You » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:51 am

In my opinion, if not for the NFL network, this game would be on Sunday. Then you would still need to have direct tv to see it unless you live in an area where it would be seen on regular TV. I agree since it's a Thursday night, I now have to spend extra $$$ in the pub, instead of my usual Sunday afternoon spending.