2008 1st Round ADP

RiFF

2008 1st Round ADP

Post by RiFF » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:47 am

I know its early and many things can and will alter the list, but who does everyone see as the 1st round picks next year. Today, I'd see 2008's Main Event ADP something like this:

1. LT..Still the man
2. A Peterson..Maybe #1 if Taylor is gone
3. J Addai..Solid, in a great offense
4. S. Jackson..I like him at 2, but believe he will fall to 4 or 5
5. B Westbrook..Stayed relatively healthy this year
6. T. Brady..There will be believers in a repeat
7. R. Moss..As I said, there will be believers
8. L. Johnson..Maybe a little low
9. R Bush..Needs to get into the endzone more
10.F Gore..Will be better than '07
11.T Owens..Was money this year
12.P Manning..Someone will bite
13.W Parker..Where were the TD's (assuming full recovery)
14.C Portis..Was great value THIS year

How badly would I like a top pick; no more than any other year...lol.

RedRyder

2008 1st Round ADP

Post by RedRyder » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:05 am

Depending how things shake out, I would take MBIII as early as #7 and I have a hunch we'll see Michael Turner as a possible 1st round pick.

The players on your list I will more than likely be avoiding at this point (and that could change in the pre-season) are Bush & T.O. Maybe even FWP.
@RedRyder

RiFF

2008 1st Round ADP

Post by RiFF » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:30 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Depending how things shake out, I would take MBIII as early as #7 and I have a hunch we'll see Michael Turner as a possible 1st round pick.

The players on your list I will more than likely be avoiding at this point (and that could change in the pre-season) are Bush & T.O. Maybe even FWP. I agree with MBIII Jules, it was between he and Portis for #14. And if Jones leaves, I agree he's a mid 1st rounder. Personally, I wouldn't consider Brady, Manning, FWP or Portis in round 1. I'm not sure where Turner could end up, where I would consider taking him in the 1st round. Every time he played this year, he seemed to get nicked up.

BillyWaz

2008 1st Round ADP

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:11 am

For the most part I really like your list Riff.

However, I can't see Reggie Wayne slipping out of the 1st round under any circumstances in a 14 team league next year.

Change Wayne for Manning, and I think you did a great job! :D

MBIII WILL be a hot pick next year, as I used to think JJ brought his value down, but Julius is clearly an afterthought in the Dallas O.

If MBIII has a good preseason, he could easily slide into round 1.

Inf4life

2008 1st Round ADP

Post by Inf4life » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:34 am

I see people taking Peterson early but I don't think that he will have as big a season as everyone thinks he will.

Until he gets more weapons around him, teams are going to study the film of the Washington game and realize how to stop him. Keep putting 8 in the box and make Jackson beat you. Pretty much what every team did to LT this year. When Rivers got better LT thrived.

MB3 will definitely be a first rounder next year. JJ will be out of Dallas next year, as it is a contract year for both of them. It's pretty obvious who they are gonna keep.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Mike Costaglio

2008 1st Round ADP

Post by Mike Costaglio » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:51 am

AP, Brady, and Moss will all be overbought in 2008.

RiFF

2008 1st Round ADP

Post by RiFF » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:00 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
I see people taking Peterson early but I don't think that he will have as big a season as everyone thinks he will.

Until he gets more weapons around him, teams are going to study the film of the Washington game and realize how to stop him. Keep putting 8 in the box and make Jackson beat you. Pretty much what every team did to LT this year. When Rivers got better LT thrived.

MB3 will definitely be a first rounder next year. JJ will be out of Dallas next year, as it is a contract year for both of them. It's pretty obvious who they are gonna keep. Its tough to argue against Peterson's potential. He really wasn't actively involved in the passing gamr this year and he missed a couple games and still ended up as the 3rd or 4th best FF RB. An additional year to become better prepared in the passing game and just general knowledge of the Pro game; its hard to imagine, barring injury, he won't improve on this year's performance. And again, if Taylor's gone..hhmmmm.
By the way, congratulations on your terrific performance and win this year. Quite an accomplishment!!

Inf4life

2008 1st Round ADP

Post by Inf4life » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:08 am

Don't get me wrong. Peterson is a beast. His potential is sky high. But seeing his injury history and the offensive weapons around him, I kind of see him in a Barry Sanders type roll. He will have some big seasons for years to come. But I think for us to see his full potential, he needs more playmakers around him otherwise defenses will key on him and you will have more Washington type games.

Thanks Riff. It was a long year and we are glad that it's over. We are grateful that everything went our way this year and caught breaks when we needed them. Look forward to giving it another shot next year.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Route Collectors

2008 1st Round ADP

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:35 am

Does Witten jump past Gates as the 1st TE off the board in 2008?

Does R.Brown get 1st round consideration if he has a full recovery...followed by a good camp and pre-season?

M.Lynch will go ahead of Gore.

Agree with Billy somewhat on Wayne.....I think he goes 1st round in at least 1/2 the drafts but not sure that makes his ADP top 14...it'll be close though.

Jules and I already know the top rookie RB next season....but it's a secret. :D

Where does Hasselbeck rank (ADP) in 2008?

How high does B.Marshall jump?

I'm glad we've got these things to pacify us as the off season begins. Now if I can just come up with something for next week. :D

Coltsfan

2008 1st Round ADP

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:59 am

It's NEVER too early to talk next year's ADP.

1. LT
2. AP
3. Addai
4. Jackson
5. Westbrook
6. Brady (not my 6th pick but)
7. Marion Barber (JJ will be gone)
8. Johnson
9. Gore
10. FWP
11. Moss
12. Portis
13. Turner (depends on where he ends up)
14. Bush

2nd Round - no order

Wayne
Housh
Lewis
McGahee
Lynch
MJD
Ronnie Brown
Manning
Romo
TO
Edwards
Johnson
Graham (assuming no Caddy)
Chad Johnson

It will be interesting to see where Steve Smith and Marvin Harrison land next year. Probably 3rd round along with Brandon Marshall, Edge, Colston, Holt, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Gates, Witten, Welker, Rudi Johnson, Lendale(?), Ryan Grant, and Brandon Jacobs. I think Gates goes before Witten, but barely.

Obviously there's not enough information yet to make the calls but it's fun speculating.

Wayne