NFL 2008 "Pick'em Share Pool"

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:43 am

The tally is now 89 entrants in this contest. I sent and re-sent invites to everyone paid here, but hasn't signed up as of yet. This toook more time than setting up the rest of the pool. If you guys see this message and have not signed up for the contest yet, please check you emails. The invite is there.

I will send out an email again tomorrow, to everyone that has 2 entries. This email will have all of the info on how to sign up your second team. If anyone has used this site before, you'll know how to use the alias feature.

I'm waiting on one phone call, and the contest is set in stone. I can't announce the prize payouts until I get this call, so if by chance I don't talk with the last player, I will announce the payouts tomorrow night. But EVERY invite has been sent. Starting tomorrow, if you signed up, you'll already see the spreads for the games.

*Remember once you wager, I can NOT do anything to change it. It asks you "Are you sure"? Or something like that, before you bet. Take your time before you make that bet. There are no "backsies" or "re-do's" in this event. I have zero power over anyone's team except my own. Once you signed up, it's you and the pretend bookie...The website, and your 1000 "shares".

Good luck. Look for the prize structures tonight or tomorrow evening.

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:22 pm

Hey Marc

Did not get a chance to meet you. Me and John were waiting for you to get a bite before NBC event. Met Eddie and had breakfast with John and Frank. If you need 1 more for the contest Count me in and I can send you the money for it Tuesday UPS next day air if you want. My e-mail is [email protected] or send me an IM with yout Tel# and I can call you later if not thats ok Always next year.

Marty MGBS109

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:37 pm

Marty I PM'ed you.

I'm done for the night. I start work before the sun comes up tomorrow and every day, so I'm off to bed. Reply to my PM and you're good.

I'll have the full specs of the league #'s tomorrow night for everyone.

[ August 31, 2008, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:01 am

*****NFL PICK'EM SHARE POOL 2008*****

The tallies are done. There are a total of 91 teams in this event. As a "thank you" to Greg and Tom for letting me use the messageboard to help fill this, I am giving them their team for free. So in the prizes, you'll see it based on 90 teams.

The website also looks to be charging me a few dollars less than what they charged for my last pool. So with the extra money, I'm adding a "bonus" prize. Please remember, part of the prize money goes towards paying the website for the pool.

Here are the prize breakdowns. (NOTE***This contest begins week 1 of the NFL season and ends after week 17...The playoffs do NOT count.)

1st Place- $3000
2nd Place- $1100
3rd Place- $400
4th Place- 1 Free Entry into the NFFC Post Season Contest, with unlimited transactions. ($120 Value)
5th Place- $55

[ September 10, 2008, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:02 am

What number of shares did it take to win the pool last year out of curiosity?
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:04 am

Last year, we were in the 10 thousand ranges...But we only ran this contest for a few weeks at the end of the season, so we all went a little "bonsai". And by the way, I led the entire way, until I bet AGAINST the Giants vs. Green Bay. KJ then walked away with the prize, since the rest of us went down to ZERO.

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:05 am

This is going to be fun, again! Thanks for handling everything Marc.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:07 am

Please note that abut 30 people still haven't signed on, or at least haven't sign on their 2nd team yet. You'll see more people sign up as the season starts, and maybe even after the season starts. I can't force people to sign up. It's on them. But just remember, the final # of entrants here is 91. So don't panic if you see a new team name pop up after the season starts. It will only be because someone was on vacation or forgot to enter.

Good luck to the 91 teams. Let's make this thread on the messageboards turn into a 1000 page forum...lol

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:09 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
This is going to be fun, again! Thanks for handling everything Marc. Thanks for entering Patrick. I AM still scorned by KJDUKE last year. That irked me BIG TIME. GreenBay losing to the Giants in Lambeau? It just wasn't supposed to be! And to add insult to injury, I had SNAKE PM'ing me telling me NOT to do it...I was in a bad mood for a few weeks last post-season...Oh yeah, I ALSO lost the $10,000 Post Season contest when Plaxico caught that TD in the 4th quarter. So I can now officially say the Giants can kiss my "Tank Abbott" looking asss...