FFOC Investigation

kjduke

FFOC Investigation

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:21 am

Originally posted by Nag':
So any negative opinion is a cheap shot, in your opinion?

Btw, we welcome all cheapshots at our contest. No. A cheap shot is a cheap shot. Read prior two pages if you need further clarification.

Cheap shots are not my style, so I'll just pass on your contest. I trust Greg, and I trust Jesse so I play in those contests. I feel I have nothing to lose with the FFOC other than a little time invested, which I enjoyed anyway, and the possibility of a huge percentage payoff if the contest is a go.

Nag'

FFOC Investigation

Post by Nag' » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:27 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
So any negative opinion is a cheap shot, in your opinion?

Btw, we welcome all cheapshots at our contest. No. A cheap shot is a cheap shot. Read prior two pages if you need further clarification.
[/QUOTE]So then, Dave's negative comments are cheap shots because some here describe them as such. I believe Greg A, for one, diagrees with this description as he posted on page 1. At least we've clarified that it's a subjective issue. Maybe Dave can in fact continue posting opinion, negative or otherwise, without fearing they are automatically intepreted as cheapshots.

Cheap shots are not my style, so I'll just pass on your contest. I trust Greg, and I trust Jesse so I play in those contests. I feel I have nothing to lose with the FFOC other than a little time invested, which I enjoyed anyway, and the possibility of a huge percentage payoff if the contest is a go. Excellent. So do I.
For Players. By Players.

LFW

FFOC Investigation

Post by LFW » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:31 am

I don't see any reason to take a cheap shot at FFPC. I like to see fantasy football grow and you guys are doing a good job there.

Still it doesn't mean I think a post like Daves was appropriate because some wasn't true (Drafts created before 10 teams...ummm NO) and some shouldn't be a concern (Stans former job). And some was just rumors of rumors without saying what the were or where they were from.
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

Nag'

FFOC Investigation

Post by Nag' » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:36 am

Originally posted by Lightning Fast Whip:
I don't see any reason to take a cheap shot at FFPC. I like to see fantasy football grow and you guys are doing a good job there.I appreciate that. We have no fear of criticism - that's why I would welcome it in any form.

Still it doesn't mean I think a post like Daves was appropriate because some wasn't true (Drafts created before 10 teams...ummm NO) and some shouldn't be a concern (Stans former job). And some was just rumors of rumors without saying what the were or where they were from. As far as rumors, I can tell you that I was privy to some facts which may have been percieved as rumors about the AFFL way back in February. Rumors about the fact that 2006 AFFL winners were paid with 2007 entry fees and they had to wait for months to get it. But I didn't have proof. Now that it's pretty clear that this is exactly what happened, do you think I should've posted this "rumor" back then?
For Players. By Players.

kjduke

FFOC Investigation

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:41 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Lightning Fast Whip:
I don't see any reason to take a cheap shot at FFPC. I like to see fantasy football grow and you guys are doing a good job there.I appreciate that. We have no fear of criticism - that's why I would welcome it in any form.

Still it doesn't mean I think a post like Daves was appropriate because some wasn't true (Drafts created before 10 teams...ummm NO) and some shouldn't be a concern (Stans former job). And some was just rumors of rumors without saying what the were or where they were from. As far as rumors, I can tell you that I was privy to some facts which may have been percieved as rumors about the AFFL way back in February. Rumors about the fact that 2006 AFFL winners were paid with 2007 entry fees and they had to wait for months to get it. But I didn't have proof. Now that it's pretty clear that this is exactly what happened, do you think I should've posted this "rumor" back then?
[/QUOTE]So now you are trying to equate a failed contest with the FFOC. Cheap shot #2. Get BFD on here to take a cheap shot and you will have a perfect trifecta of cheap shots. About what I would expect from all of you.

Nag'

FFOC Investigation

Post by Nag' » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:46 am

quote:Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Lightning Fast Whip:

[/QUOTE]So now you are trying to equate a failed contest with the FFOC. Cheap shot #2. Get BFD on here to take a cheap shot and you will have a perfect trifecta of cheap shots. About what I would expect from all of you.
[/QUOTE]I don't take cheapshots. I speak my mind. You should know that by now. I'll continue to regardless of my position with the FFPC.

I'm equating rumors to rumors, and the truth is, I REGRET not posting what I knew then about the AFFL. I should have. But for various reasons, I didn't.
For Players. By Players.

kjduke

FFOC Investigation

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:48 am

Nag, your arguments and posts are just insulting, it's as if you assume everyone is dumber than you and are subject to your "spin". You ignore ALL facts that don't support your opinions while taking other statements out of context.

I have no doubt you do this for a living and couldn't separate yourself from it if you tried. Please do many of us a favor and go back to your own boards where people believe your BS.

[ August 06, 2008, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

King of Queens

FFOC Investigation

Post by King of Queens » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 am

From at least one stand point, the comparison of AFFL to FFOC is fair. Most people who entered the AFFL last year knew that the entry fees would not cover the prize money, but had faith in the ownership to pay out at the end of the season. Lesson learned? Perhaps not, as many are entering the FFOC under similar conditions.

kjduke

FFOC Investigation

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:53 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
From at least one stand point, the comparison of AFFL to FFOC is fair. Most people who entered the AFFL last year knew that the entry fees would not cover the prize money, but had faith in the ownership to pay out at the end of the season. Lesson learned? Perhaps not, as many are entering the FFOC under similar conditions. AFFL was run as a multi-year pyramid scheme. FFOC has stated upfront that money will be in escrow. Doesn't look similar to me Glenn.

Nag'

FFOC Investigation

Post by Nag' » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:53 am

Nag, your arguments and posts are just insulting, it's as if you assume everyone is dumber than you and are subject to your "spin". You ignore ALL facts that don't support your opinions while taking other statements out of context.

I have no doubt you do this for a living and couldn't separate yourself from it if you tried. Please do many of us a favor and go back to your own boards where people believe your BS. No reason to lose your temper and engage in personal attacks. I'm only making observations and speaking the truth. Does that offend you?

Btw, these ARE my boards and as long as I am a customer of the NFFC, I will speak my mind here.
For Players. By Players.