League Prizes vs, Grand Prize

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:24 am

My recommendations:

1. The combination of league size and 2RBs creates a RB feeding frenzy on draft day. I'd like to see 12 team leagues or -1RB +1Flex. I'm going to start a thread to discuss this.

2. Draft day experience. No discussion of fantasy outlooks or injury status by the guest speakers. This is part of the preparation that each owner should have done. More appropriate would be speakers talking about their past experiences on and off the field, locker room insights, taunting/celebrations, cutback blocks, that sort of stuff.

3. Draft order. Whether it matters where you draft from or not, a way to get more input into where you draft would be good for the game.

3. Payouts. Maximize league payouts versus grand prizes. $100,000 is as eye catching as $200,000.

Sports Memories

Post by Sports Memories » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:10 pm

I favor a larger league prize also.

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:47 pm

Why is it that no one complained about league prizes until now??????? is it b/c they are out of it the running already... throwing in the towel????

You say to not give information out cause some newbie may get an advantage, but yet you say, make the draft easier so any shnmoe could grab a magazine and draft??????

Draft order, come on....

Payouts, this is a championship, that is what this event is about. It event, not just about 1 league.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:06 am

it's amusing to watch you say this is a "championship" event and that it should be tough. how bout at next year's draft, we require each owner to make a draft pick within 10 seconds. that would certainly let the more prepared owners stand out. i would be a lot more challenging.

you still can't articulate an effective argument how blind bidding on draft slots is a backwards step in the evolution of fantasy football. hat's alright, cause i really don't expect you to. you don't have any "ammo".

even though you are wrong about most things you post about, please keep the chatter going. it's enjoyable and appreciated. thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

renman

Post by renman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:23 am

as long as the top prize is 100,000 or higher i think that will be enough to attract interest. everyone knows that to win the big prize you have to have a magical season and lots of good moves and fortune. i think if you increase the manner and ways people can win back their investment while still having a shot at the big prize the better your product is.

also, i think people will want to have a chance to make decent money within the portion of the contest where they have a level playing field. and that would be within their own personal league. if they can win in their league and make decent money, most people would be happy to "let the chips fall where they may" when it comes to post season and the big prize.

speaking from experience, it is not a good think to have an overly top heavy prize in a contest and send the massive majority of your competitors home with a bad taste in their mouth. if you increase the league prizes you will be sending more people home with a pleasant experience and the feeling they can compete next year. and many others will have "just missed" making money in their leagues and they too will come back knowing a small break or decision here or there was the difference...

just my opinion...

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:08 am

Originally posted by Vega$ Gambler$:
Why is it that no one complained about league prizes until now??????? is it b/c they are out of it the running already... throwing in the towel????

You say to not give information out cause some newbie may get an advantage, but yet you say, make the draft easier so any shnmoe could grab a magazine and draft??????

Draft order, come on....

Payouts, this is a championship, that is what this event is about. It event, not just about 1 league. You are the most negative human being I have ever encountered.

Do you see anybody complaining about the prize structure? Given the event size I think the current set-up is just right.

We are discussing options for the future and what direction we would prefer.

Can't you express your opinion without belittling other opinions?

Yes Vegas, I know you're excited because you finally have a good team. Try to be as good a winner.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:25 am

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
You are the most negative human being I have ever encountered.

Do you see anybody complaining about the prize structure? Given the event size I think the current set-up is just right.

We are discussing options for the future and what direction we would prefer.

Can't you express your opinion without belittling other opinions?

Yes Vegas, I know you're excited because you finally have a good team. Try to be as good a winner. Honestly, he's belittling himself. When I saw his post, I figured he was either drunk or just babbling for the sake of babbling. It's like seeing someone talking to themselves. Disturbing, but funny from a distance.

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:53 am

Jo and Gecko, please go over my post in the other event for the past 2 years, I have always had this stance and have never waivered from it. Even when I was out of it, I didn't start looking to weasel something easier for me. In 2002, I was 3rd in my league, I didn't complain that there was no 3rd place money. Last year was not a good year for me overall, had issues going on at the time. But not once did I ask to make the event easier or make it so lesser teams got money. You can go check it out. I have been with Lenny since MAy 2002 and my stances never ever change.

As far as being negative, I beleive it's 2 others on these boards trying to ahsove changes down out throats. I just merely point out that this is a major event, not some local league like many want to turn this into......

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:00 pm

Jo and Gecko, please go over my post in the other event for the past 2 years, I have always had this stance and have never waivered from it. I'm not sure how i should respond? i went over every post you ever made, i you changed stances about 8 times. ;)

I have been with Lenny since MAy 2002 and my stances never ever change.okay, so you were wrong before and you're wrong now. it sounds like you are against ANY change. does your fantasy mindset carryover to your regular life? DON'T REWARD THE WEAK! curious if you support any type of welfare system?

As far as being negative, I beleive it's 2 others on these boards trying to ahsove changes down out throats. open up...

I just merely point out that this is a major event, not some local league like many want to turn this into...... your pt has been noted. move along. thanks.

[ November 03, 2004, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

dgamblnman

Post by dgamblnman » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:20 pm

Jo and Gecko, please go over my post in the other event for the past 2 years, I have always had this stance and have never waivered from it.

I'm not sure how i should respond? i went over every post you ever made, i you changed stances about 8 times.

Um, on what???????

If you can't get real facts, I guess you start making them up...