Fantasy Jungle STILL HAS NOT PAID?

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:17 am

Originally posted by 3intboyBFD:
I've now left 3 messages for Scott, the owner of the Jungle and a few business outisde of the FJ.

He's always been very good about calling back, I consider him a friend in the business of fantasy football so the lack of communication on either the good or bad message is very concerning.

I'll ask him what's up and report it back here if I hear.

They ARE good guys, and this would be really disappointing news if they don;t pay.

3' Lou,

Sorry this happening all over again. Hope it works out. Please update us.

Good Luck,

John

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 am

Originally posted by Nutty Scrat:
Never played any of the Fantasy Jungle contests but even if they do pay does anyone else think that this just may have killed their contest? Ed, I can only speak for myself, but I had planned on playing in 5-6 FantasyJungle contests this year. They had $50 satellite leagues...That was AWESOME. It was a great way to find out some ADP's, and anytime I can do ANOTHER fantasy Football draft and only spend $50, I'm in until the cows come home...lol

But with this situation, I can absolutely guarantee that they lost my business. I will be primarily in the NFFC. And the money that the jungle would have gotten will be going elsewhere.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

FIGHTINGNOLES

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:07 pm

I understand Greg & Lou both stating that Scott and Mike are "great guys", but the ENTIRE Jungle Site is now down (not just the Message Board inactivated as was the case earlier) & these guys are now hurting the entire industry with this type of behavior. A very large number of players are very upset at not being paid (obviously) & also with the fact that the Jungle continued to run postseason contests (ie: collect money) while not paying out the regular season. I won a league there in 2007 & was promptly paid. In fact, from everything I read/heard their reputation was VERY SOLID all 6 years they were open. This is why I think other contest hosts need to be a little careful to distance themselves from this type of behavior immediately. I think Greg/Tom run a TOP NOTCH contest here but to many players this is just another case of "stealing" that has gone on in this industry. To not answer calls, e-mails, message boards, etc. & then just shut down your site is simply INEXCUSEABLE in my opinion.

I hope for the best for all involved but at this point I must admit their actions have me fearing the worst....

(THIS IS IN NO WAY A KNOCK ON GREG/TOM/LOU - all 3 of whom I have had nothing but the most professional experiences with).

stormola

Post by stormola » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:20 am

" Many a man's reputation would not know his character if they met on the street "

- Elbert Hubbard

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:52 pm

"sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will find you and bust your ass if I win my fantasy league and I don't get paid".

-diesel

*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
I understand Greg & Lou both stating that Scott and Mike are "great guys", but the ENTIRE Jungle Site is now down (not just the Message Board inactivated as was the case earlier) & these guys are now hurting the entire industry with this type of behavior. A very large number of players are very upset at not being paid (obviously) & also with the fact that the Jungle continued to run postseason contests (ie: collect money) while not paying out the regular season. I won a league there in 2007 & was promptly paid. In fact, from everything I read/heard their reputation was VERY SOLID all 6 years they were open. This is why I think other contest hosts need to be a little careful to distance themselves from this type of behavior immediately. I think Greg/Tom run a TOP NOTCH contest here but to many players this is just another case of "stealing" that has gone on in this industry. To not answer calls, e-mails, message boards, etc. & then just shut down your site is simply INEXCUSEABLE in my opinion.

I hope for the best for all involved but at this point I must admit their actions have me fearing the worst....

(THIS IS IN NO WAY A KNOCK ON GREG/TOM/LOU - all 3 of whom I have had nothing but the most professional experiences with). I am as upset about this as you are and likely more. I am going to do everything I can in the next couple of weeks to reach out to Scott and Mike and get an update. If they replied to Joe Bryant they sure as hell can reply to me. Both Scott and Mike are players themselves who received winning checks from me and other game operators on time and they know how important this is to our industry. We can't have another AFFL situation with the industry given a black eye by a contest not paying their customers and just walking away like nothing happened. There is nothing that I've seen from Mike and Scott so far that looks good and just shutting the site down this week is very bad. I'll see what I can do and ask the FSTA and FSA to stay on top of this.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

FIGHTINGNOLES

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:48 pm

THANK YOU GREG....That's all we can ask for from you on this. I appreciate it!

FIGHTINGNOLES

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:57 pm

Originally posted by Diesel Inc.:
"sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will find you and bust your ass if I win my fantasy league and I don't get paid".

-diesel

I can only imagine how tough that would be to win a NATL. CONTEST (I know the joy I've gotten out of coming in 3rd Place (League) two years in a row here & 5th in the NBC Consolation for crying out loud) and then keep waiting every day for the check to arrive. From that incredible adreniline rush to just utter frustration. That's "almost" as bad as not getting the money. It's the snatching away of what we all try so hard to accomplish in this great hobby. I just think it's really sad to not reply AT ALL.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:02 pm

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
THANK YOU GREG....That's all we can ask for from you on this. I appreciate it! Our industry can't afford another company shutting down and not paying their prize money. Good customers will start leaving even the good games because they feel they can't trust anyone in this industry. Mainstream press will begin targeting our industry as corrupt and even the good pay games will be under greater scrutiny.

Guys like Neil and Mike and Scott need to think about what they're doing to an industry they once loved. No matter what it takes, they have to make good on what they promised before the season. And if Mike and Scott really took post-season money when they knew they would have trouble paying off the regular season prizes, then I'm doubly disappointed (if not more).

I'm working my ass off to run a legitimate contest and I've taken my lumps during rough times, too. But we'll NEVER walk away from the consumer without paying. It's a shame, but right now this Wild, Wild West we call the fantasy football industry is a BUYER BEWARE marketplace and it's a shame. A few of us pay on time every time, but things like what is happening here with the Fantasy Jungle lumps all of us under the same dark cloud. What a freakin' shame. :mad:
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius