Fantasy Jungle STILL HAS NOT PAID?

Roger

Post by Roger » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Especially for someone who lost a lot of money such as the $50,000 winner, you really should talk to an attorney and ask about going after the owners personally. Normally, shareholders of a corporation are not personally liable for its debts. However, in many states you can "pierce the corporate veil" and sue the shareholders personally when the owner uses the corporation to commit fraud or commingles corporate funds with their own personal funds, and it certainly looks like this might have happened here.

It's amazing how people suddenly find money when they realize that it is their own necks on the line as well.

FIGHTINGNOLES

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:04 am

My understanding is that STILL not a single player has been paid & they alao aren't answering any attempts to correspond with them....

Have you heard anything else Greg (Have they called you back)?

THANKS for any updates....

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:32 am

Originally posted by FIGHTINGNOLES:
My understanding is that STILL not a single player has been paid & they alao aren't answering any attempts to correspond with them....

Have you heard anything else Greg (Have they called you back)?

THANKS for any updates.... Mike did e-mail me an update on the 17th and said he was doing everything he could to pay the winners, but I haven't talked with him since. I believe he did send an e-mail to a couple of owners who had inquired about the winnings shortly after that and the message was the same, that they are looking for a way to pay everyone off. Mike said he is corresponding with their winners, so hopefully that is the case.

I don't know what's going to happen here. From what I've heard, it's a significant amount of money and the industry -- nor the players -- can afford another hit like that after what happened with AFFL.com last summer. I hope the Jungle pays in full, soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:12 am

I saw an email posted on another MB that was sent by The Jungle to a player owed money.

It essentially said that the Jungle is a "year-round" business with many other business activities and year-long expenses. The email went on to say that these other business activities have taken an unexpected hit because of the economy, and that no promises can be made about when (or if, by inference) the prize money will be paid out.

They seem to miss the point that when you run a CONTEST, you should put the PRIZE MONEY ASIDE to fulfill the prize obligations. They obviously saw NOTHING wrong with taking entry fees, using that money to fund other expenses/business activities, and then blame the economy for non-payment to the winners. I obviously am not privy to all the details, but on the surface it sounds like a lack of ethics there, if you ask me.

Thank goodness for Greg, Tom, and the NFFC. Every single dollar of Fantasy Football money I spend in 2009 will only be in NFFC-related games...period.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:30 pm

im telling you crap like this is going to eventually get the government involved in regulation of these contests.. all it takes is one complaint and one ear at the right government entity and there becomes a mess.. these guys should be sued seriously, someone should file a criminal complaint against them for fraud because of the non-disclosure of these so called other business activities that they have going on because if that was disclosed you can best be sure that nobody would have signed up for that contesst..

it's funny, i was going to sign up for a sat league for them last year after the AFFL debacle because i've heard only good things about them, they were aware of what happened with the AFFL and yet they did the same dam thing.. friggen pathetic and very very sad..

if this ever happens to me, im not going to just sit back and let the bankruptcy courts sort it out, rest be sured i will go to town and explore every avenue available to see these guys go to jail..

whats the difference between what they have done and what Magdoff did with his Ponzy Scheme? to me there is very little difference and he's going to jail. He took people's money told them it was being invested w/promise topay them their earnings when they requested.. jungle, took money with promise of a chance to win money, they used it for other purposes and when theshit hit the fan, the money wasn't there to paay everyone involved.. so those of you who are effected, file a criminal complaint with attorney general of United States, see where it goes, pierce the corporate protection they are hiding behind.. if it goes nowhere so be it, but put pressure on them like they did to you now.. just my 2 cents
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:07 am

Nice writeup Weber.

I'm really tied of hearing that these guys are nice guys. Please stop saying that, because that's far from the truth. They like AFFL ran other contest AFTER they knew they didn't have the money, to me it's just like breaking into your house and stealing.

I would like the Government to get involved and make sure this doesn't happen again year after year. This I believe is the 4 or 5 time that this same thing has happen, not to me and I'm still pissed.

Something needs to be done to protect the Players!

John

[ April 07, 2009, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:29 am

so i was talking to the (now former) business partner of one of the guys that runs fantasy jungle. he said he wasn't suprised that this happened, but wouldn't give me any more details...

da bears

Post by da bears » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:50 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Nice writeup Weber.

I'm really tied of hearing that these guys are nice guys. Please stop saying that, because that's far from the truth. They like AFFL ran other contest AFTER they knew they didn't have the money, to me it's just like breaking into your house and stealing.

I would like the Government to get involved and make sure this doesn't happen again year after year. This I believe is the 4 or 5 time that this same thing has happen, not to me and I'm still pissed.

Something needs to be done to protect the Players!

John I agree 100% John. Nice guys don't spend the money that was supposed to be used to pay the winners! You set aside the money...how hard is that??? If you can't do that don't be running a fantasy football contest....
Bauler Shot Caller