The Derby

GOD Hates You

The Derby

Post by GOD Hates You » Fri May 01, 2009 3:38 am

Met Doomsday at the NFL draft party in NYC. He said he will give some picks for the Kentucky Derby. I have no clue.

Doomsday and maybe CC if you get a chance, throw out some picks for Saturday afternoon.

Thanks,

Dan

CC's Desperados

The Derby

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri May 01, 2009 5:33 am

Originally posted by GOD Hates You:
Met Doomsday at the NFL draft party in NYC. He said he will give some picks for the Kentucky Derby. I have no clue.

Doomsday and maybe CC if you get a chance, throw out some picks for Saturday afternoon.

Thanks,

Dan I'll do some ground work and make a few calls. I'll post something tomorrow AM.

Ted's Cracked Head

The Derby

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri May 01, 2009 11:28 am

This may change before tomorrow morning or if the weather does not cooperate enough.

They are calling for showers all day long. (40-50% chance)

Here are my initial thoughts:

#13 - I Want Revenge (5/2) - special horse - will be bet down to 2/1 and will win.

#6 - Friesan Fire (5/1) - I think he will be positioned well all along and will have a nice look at "I Want's" ass the whole race.

#19 - Desert Party (15/1) - hunch - gut - I am drawn to this horse for a few reasons. More later.

#15 - Dunkirk (4/1) - a tad green but I think he has mad talent and if he gets a decent trip, will also be right behind Friesan looking at the rear quarters of I Want.

# 12 - General Quarters (20/1) - I love the fact that he did not get out of the gate at Tampa when he lost to Musket Man because that should help keep his price nice. I think he has the tactical speed to be well positioned and I also think he can get the distance. That gives him a shot based on how the track is playing today.

#17 - Summer Bird (50/1) - My Long Shot of the Race (50/1) - There are several good late runners in the race and I think this horse fits my derby profile as much as any of the horses today. Lightly raced and developing.

Wagering?

1) box these 6 - tri
2) tri - 13 / those 5 / all
3) super: 13 / those 5/ those 5/ maybe 9 horses

[ May 01, 2009, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Rob B ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Ted's Cracked Head

The Derby

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri May 01, 2009 11:33 am

Five of my horses have similar running styles. I just need three of them to get out of the gate, run the first 1/2 in 48, save ground and finish like they all can! Then have Summer Bird come charging home to fill out the exotics.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Team Legacy

The Derby

Post by Team Legacy » Fri May 01, 2009 3:53 pm

is at a 12 tonight!! oh boy...

Mike is a die hard Kentucky Derby fan so he woke up on his day off at around 9am and 9:15 he was cracking open his first beer....

I talked to him about 3:30 and not a coherent sentence did he form..

How will he shake out tonight? I likely will have to MUTE him 5 minutes in and maybe check in on him every so often to see if he's still with us or if he's passed out... ARRRGGGHHH....

Anyway, we'll be talking NFL draft and what teams made mistakes and what teams SCORED BIG!

We're also talking Kentucky Derby and the ponies, so check us out if you're bored out of your mind!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/stations/f ... Episode-27
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Team Legacy

The Derby

Post by Team Legacy » Fri May 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Rob, stop by and break down the ponies!
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

CC's Desperados

The Derby

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat May 02, 2009 4:14 am

I would agree with Rob's choices, but I would also add the 16-Pioneer of the Nile will up front with the 6-Friesan Fire, but I don't think either will win. I could see one or the other in the top four.

If you like 19-Desert Party, then 10-Regal Ranson would be a possiblity as he beat Desert Party in his last race. The Godolphin angle will have a high reward. Both horses will be long odds as the are coming off races over seas.

I think 7-8-9-14-18-20 have no shot at all to win and would be surprised to see them in the top 4.

The 15-Dunkirk looks like the best horse, but he reminds me of Curlin. He might need another race. I see him making a run late, but he will have to get through alot of traffic to win. The trainer Pletcher has never won at the derby . Maybe this is his year. He has also trains the 9-Join in the Dance who will be the speed burner and the 4-Advice who needs a perfect trip to win.

For some reason, I don't trust the 13. Maybe it was last year when I invested in Colonel John and he finished a distant 5th or 6th.

Diesel

The Derby

Post by Diesel » Sat May 02, 2009 4:41 am

I'm heading to OTB this afternoon to put a 6 horse trifecta box in.

What time does the race start?

Anyone want in on some action before I head over to make the bet? Let me know.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

CC's Desperados

The Derby

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat May 02, 2009 5:04 am

Diesel

I'd box 5-6-15-16-17-19.

By the way, the favorite 13-I want Revenge has been scratched.

[ May 02, 2009, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

Diesel

The Derby

Post by Diesel » Sat May 02, 2009 5:20 am

CC, I'll take those horses. I don't know anything about horse racing, so your guess is as good as anything I would have come up with.

What time is the race? I need to know how much time I have to do some odds and ends in the house before I head out to OTB.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."