Safest 1st round pick

Gordon Gekko II

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:33 am

2 players on cover. my guess is paulopaulo is the one to suck this year.

King of Queens

Safest 1st round pick

Post by King of Queens » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:29 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
No contest here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6Ys0iEpz8A

trueblue

Safest 1st round pick

Post by trueblue » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:41 pm

IMHO
the safest first round pick is a RB, whoever you choose it to be. WR are dependant on the QB to get them the ball. if the QB goes down, the stock of the WR drops.

bill

Gordon Gekko II

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:51 pm

bill - RB's get hurt quite a bit more than WR. part of why i think fitz is the safest is because if warner goes down, he does indeed have a capable backup. actually, from what i read, fitz avg MORE catches when lionheart is the QB.

Jersey Dawg

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Jersey Dawg » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:18 am

Originally posted by GK:
...it's Matt Forte first, then MJD second then AP third...after that, all of the other very deserving 1st Round RB's ALL split time to some degree or another whereas a stud wideout is ALWAYS on the field...after the first three it's a crapshoot but yes a great case can be made for Andre or Fitz...the Q is, who has a better shot at standing upright most of/all season, Warner or Schaub?...and who has the more capable backup QB should they go down?...it may seem like Leinart is on the surface but again that's just the surface...give me AJ over Fitz as the fourth choice here...GK I took AJ over Fitz last night in the 12-team event with pick 5. Turner was there and I had to think more than I thought I would have too as I assumed him to be gone. Still, went with AJ. That said, it was only a $150 draft. Not sure I wouldn't go Fitz if it was the main event. FYI - A QB went 1.4

Pete

[ August 24, 2009, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

D-Day Heroes

Safest 1st round pick

Post by D-Day Heroes » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:32 am

If you want safe , PICK A DEFENCE , if you want to WIN , YOU GOT TO ROLL THE DICE.

I'M going with Michael Vick , I hear he will be playing a lot at running back and slot reciever and he needs the money to get out of the " Dog House "
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gordon Gekko II

Safest 1st round pick

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:46 am

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
I took AJ over Fitz last night in the 12-team event with pick 5. Turner was there and I had to think more than I thought I would have too as I assumed him to be gone. Still, went with AJ. That said, it was only a $150 draft. Not sure I wouldn't go Fitz if it was the main event. FYI - A QB went 1.4

Pete pete - why would you take AJ over Fitz? here's how i see it:

1. AJ has had injury concerns in the past. Fitz has not. Advantage Fitz.
2. Schaub goes down, Orslutsky is QB. Warner goes down, Lionheart is QB. Advantage Fitz.
3. Walter goes down, probably no real difference to AJ. Boldin goes down, Fitz throws up his first 16+ TD season and close to 2,000 yards. Advantage Fitz.

trueblue

Safest 1st round pick

Post by trueblue » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:12 am

GG

when did leinart become such a stud? the last i heard, he was battling for the backup role.

the stud receivers will get their touches, but will they get as many TD's with the backup?

i feel a stud RB not in a RBBC situation and stays in as on 3rd down is the better option. there aren't very many out there and don't be afraid to handcuff him.

bill

mkrucek

Safest 1st round pick

Post by mkrucek » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:14 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
I took AJ over Fitz last night in the 12-team event with pick 5. Turner was there and I had to think more than I thought I would have too as I assumed him to be gone. Still, went with AJ. That said, it was only a $150 draft. Not sure I wouldn't go Fitz if it was the main event. FYI - A QB went 1.4

Pete pete - why would you take AJ over Fitz? here's how i see it:

1. AJ has had injury concerns in the past. Fitz has not. Advantage Fitz.
2. Schaub goes down, Orslutsky is QB. Warner goes down, Lionheart is QB. Advantage Fitz.
3. Walter goes down, probably no real difference to AJ. Boldin goes down, Fitz throws up his first 16+ TD season and close to 2,000 yards. Advantage Fitz.
[/QUOTE]Of course all of your points are "what ifs." There's a certainty to start with. AJ doesn't have a Boldin, who at the very least is his equal. And even with your what ifs, there's no guarantee of any of it.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...