... THE BIG PLAY THREAD ..

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:43 pm

... Not sure how this will work out , but i thought i would give it a shot.

This will be a thread that consist of your Big Play of the Day.

On opening night , have to go with the great strip by # 33 Griffin , of Hines Ward.

Was it a great lay by Griff or poor play by Ward ?

I know some will say Ward should of slid and set up the FG.

But Really , these guys don't train for that , their conditioned to score,

So I vote Great Play by Griffin. :cool:
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:24 pm

I like this idea.

That was a good strip and although Ward admitted he should have gotten down, I agree with you that it would have been difficult for him to have that mentality and still be as aggressive.

In the end, it was not such a big play because Pittsburgh ultimately won (sorry but the importance of plays often depend upon what happens after).

In my opinion, the Holmes touchdown was the big play in fantasy terms and the OT coin flip was the big play in terms of the game.

I am a lifelong Steeler fan, but even when they win an overtime game I cannot stand the sudden death rule. It sucks and completely changes the nature of the game.

Why not just play first team to 4 points in OT wins! Sheeze...its that freek'in simple NFL!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:25 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
I like this idea.

That was a good strip and although Ward admitted he should have gotten down, I agree with you that it would have been difficult for him to have that mentality and still be as aggressive.

In the end, it was not such a big play because Pittsburgh ultimately won (sorry but the importance of plays often depend upon what happens after).

In my opinion, the Holmes touchdown was the big play in fantasy terms and the OT coin flip was the big play in terms of the game.

I am a lifelong Steeler fan, but even when they win an overtime game I cannot stand the sudden death rule. It sucks and completely changes the nature of the game.

Why not just play first team to 4 points in OT wins! Sheeze...its that freek'in simple NFL! BF -Your absolutely right about " Big Play " should lead to a winning consequence , I just happen to jump the gun on this one thinking the Steelers would roll over at that point , But give it up to Big Ben and Co. , they are Resilent.Oh
BTW , Did you notice a difference in Santana Holmes tonight, he looked like a player posessed, right now I'm wishing I would have Reached for him in the draft.

And How about Big Ben , 363 yards, and another Clutch win , I didn't realize how many 4th quarter comebacks he put in his pocket at this stage in his career , Watch Out John Elway ;)

Anyway , that was a GREAT Defensive Game , Probally 2 of the top 3 defenses by years end.

Steelers need a Running Game and Titans Need a Passing Game , which ever team gets that , will go to the AFC Championship
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower