OT: Official Statement From FFOC Ending Its Event

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue May 25, 2010 7:12 am

This was posted on the FFOC site today:

http://www.ffoc.com/

Dear FFOC Players:

We want to thank all of you who have played in our leagues over the past two seasons. It is with great regret that we have decided to shut the game down for the upcoming 2010 season. This was a difficult decision to make, but in the end our only choice given the present, difficult economic environment and the unavoidable delay in coordinating the 2010 draft. While disappointed, we feel that this is the best decision for everyone. Thanks for all your kind words and support, and we hope that we offered some excitement over the past 2 years.

For the 136 teams that won their leagues, the $180.00 cash prize will be sent to you within thirty (30) days, as we are in the process of coordinating these payments. To assist in this process, please send written notification of your current address to: Poised to Stomp Sports, Inc. c/o Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman, LLP, 1441 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1420, Miami, Florida 33131. Good luck to all of you as you pursue your fantasy sports dreams.

The Retraction

Additionally, there is ostensibly some confusion over previous, mistaken posts. Contrary to any statements or representations that may have been previously made, Fanball has no involvement, ownership or liability in the financial risks or awards of FFOC's contests. We apologize to Fanball and Ryan Houston for any resulting confusion and inconvenience. We have enjoyed a great working relationship with Fanball, and wish them continued success.

[ May 25, 2010, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue May 25, 2010 7:35 am

Not surprising. I wonder why the specific apology to Ryan?

Also not mentioned: what happens to the $700,000 still owed to last year's winner?

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Tue May 25, 2010 8:07 am

Does that mean that the Cutline Championship is a go?
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue May 25, 2010 10:28 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Dear FFOC Players:

We want to thank all of you who have played in our leagues over the past two seasons. It is with great regret that we have decided to shut the game down for the upcoming 2010 season. This was a difficult decision to make, but in the end our only choice given the present, difficult economic environment and the unavoidable delay in coordinating the 2010 draft. While disappointed, we feel that this is the best decision for everyone. Thanks for all your kind words and support, and we hope that we offered some excitement over the past 2 years.

For the 136 teams that won their leagues, the $180.00 cash prize will be sent to you within thirty (30) days, as we are in the process of coordinating these payments. To assist in this process, please send written notification of your current address to: Poised to Stomp Sports, Inc. c/o Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman, LLP, 1441 Brickell Avenue, Suite 1420, Miami, Florida 33131. Good luck to all of you as you pursue your fantasy sports dreams.

The Retraction

Additionally, there is ostensibly some confusion over previous, mistaken posts. Contrary to any statements or representations that may have been previously made, Fanball has no involvement, ownership or liability in the financial risks or awards of FFOC's contests. We apologize to Fanball and Ryan Houston for any resulting confusion and inconvenience. We have enjoyed a great working relationship with Fanball, and wish them continued success. Tom, do you know if there's been any word on compensation regarding the free teams?
The $180 cash prize was only part of the prize structure for Tier 2 teams. They are also due a free team.
Tier 1 teams are due two free teams.

Just curious as I won both a Tier 1 and Tier 2 league and am therefore due several free teams on top of the $180.

Glenn

sky t 2 hotty

Post by sky t 2 hotty » Tue May 25, 2010 11:00 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

Dear FFOC Players:

The Retraction

Additionally, there is ostensibly some confusion over previous, mistaken posts. Contrary to any statements or representations that may have been previously made, Fanball has no involvement, ownership or liability in the financial risks or awards of FFOC's contests. We apologize to Fanball and Ryan Houston for any resulting confusion and inconvenience. We have enjoyed a great working relationship with Fanball, and wish them continued success. Tom, do you know if there's been any word on compensation regarding the free teams?
The $180 cash prize was only part of the prize structure for Tier 2 teams. They are also due a free team.
Tier 1 teams are due two free teams.

Just curious as I won both a Tier 1 and Tier 2 league and am therefore due several free teams on top of the $180.

Glenn
[/QUOTE]FFOC should make good on ALL prizes owed. Perhaps they will. There might be more information to come, but it is sad how Stan & Len (and any other partners involved) have handled the situation.

There are a LOT of free teams(prizes)owed to winners. It's great to see FFOC will make good on remaining cash owed, but if they don't make good on the free teams owed I can see the BBB getting involved. They got involved earlier this year with a fantasy racing site owner (Fantasy Thunder) that didn't make good on all cash awards and prizes. Last I heard he was sitting in jail.

If fantasy companies keep going out of business without paying out all cash awards and prizes owed do you think the government will step in and start regulating how fantasy sites operate? This could be another 'black eye' for the fantasy industry.

[ May 25, 2010, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Sky T 2 Hotty ]

batoj

Post by batoj » Tue May 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Also, SnapDraft gave out free FFOC entries, they should pay those out also...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Not surprising. I wonder why the specific apology to Ryan?

Also not mentioned: what happens to the $700,000 still owed to last year's winner? I may be speaking out of turn Glenn, but I believe FFOC has been in contact with that grand prize winner and nothing has changed there.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Originally posted by Rob B:
Does that mean that the Cutline Championship is a go? We will talk about that this week. The software was built by Fanball and is available, so we'll discuss this event soon. If we do go forward, it would be a modest guaranteed grand prize and we'd grow the prize pool from that point on. Again, the 10-team cutline format has a lot of merit and there was a big audience for this, but lesser guarantees are likely needed to make it work.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 25, 2010 2:14 pm

I can't speak on any of the rest because obviously Tom and I don't have any of those answers. I wish we could help, but those are FFOC questions.

We posted this press release because we were implicated by other industry players in FFOC's ownership. The NFFC has never had anything to do with the FFOC and as stated Fanball was just the back-end provider the last two years.

Nobody likes any unpaid prizes, cash or otherwise. I feel bad for anyone caught in that situation. I guarantee that's not going to happen here.

Leroy's Aces

Post by Leroy's Aces » Tue May 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I can't speak on any of the rest because obviously Tom and I don't have any of those answers. I wish we could help, but those are FFOC questions.

We posted this press release because we were implicated by other industry players in FFOC's ownership. The NFFC has never had anything to do with the FFOC and as stated Fanball was just the back-end provider the last two years.

Nobody likes any unpaid prizes, cash or otherwise. I feel bad for anyone caught in that situation. I guarantee that's not going to happen here. Greg, I will refrain from posting details, but you very well know we had a very good reason as to why we thought that Fanball had an ownership interest in the FFOC. So don't paint this picture insinuating that we thought that and posted it for our own gain. We posted it because we believed it
to be true as we believed what we were told by a high ranking Fanball employee last year. I am sick of the insinuation that we are trying to tear down other contests. We are not. Good luck to you this year.
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ