OT: Official Statement From FFOC Ending Its Event

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I can't speak on any of the rest because obviously Tom and I don't have any of those answers. I wish we could help, but those are FFOC questions.

We posted this press release because we were implicated by other industry players in FFOC's ownership. The NFFC has never had anything to do with the FFOC and as stated Fanball was just the back-end provider the last two years.

Nobody likes any unpaid prizes, cash or otherwise. I feel bad for anyone caught in that situation. I guarantee that's not going to happen here. Greg, I will refrain from posting details, but you very well know we had a very good reason as to why we thought that Fanball had an ownership interest in the FFOC. So don't paint this picture insinuating that we thought that and posted it for our own gain. We posted it because we believed it
to be true as we believed what we were told by a high ranking Fanball employee last year. I am sick of the insinuation that we are trying to tear down other contests. We are not. Good luck to you this year.
[/QUOTE]Dave, I don't know what you mean by we. By industry players I'm referring to customers, as in fantasy players of all games. Heck, including our customers. People posted that Fanball was involved in FFOC ownership here and other places since this spring. All I'm stating is that I felt a need to post this statement by FFOC to again reinforce what Tom and I have been saying, that NFFC and Fanball had no ownership part at all.

Of course what Stan posted made many people disbelieve that. I'm not saying you or anyone else led the cause. Heck, our own customers still probably don't know what to make of the facts. But the statement by FFOC is pretty clear in that regard and that's why we posted it here.

Nothing more as far as my reference to anyone. I'm stating all fantasy players, our customers included.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Tue May 25, 2010 4:29 pm

Well, it's certainly good to hear FFOC denounce Fanball as owned, just wish they would have elaborated on how/why such a huge mistake could be made like that, especially from a fellow owner.

Greg, can you elaborate on your comment on the grand prize winner? What have you heard? $700,000 is an insane amount of money. That's 7 years worth of NFFC championships.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Originally posted by FPA - Scott Atkins:
Well, it's certainly good to hear FFOC denounce Fanball as owned, just wish they would have elaborated on how/why such a huge mistake could be made like that, especially from a fellow owner.

Greg, can you elaborate on your comment on the grand prize winner? What have you heard? $700,000 is an insane amount of money. That's 7 years worth of NFFC championships. I think people were hanging their hats on the ownership part long before Stan made his post. His post was incorrect as stated above.

I don't know any more, other than I think he has been contacted. Someone can reach out to him to verify, but I would think he would be vocal if that wasn't the case. I don't know anymore than
that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue May 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I can't speak on any of the rest because obviously Tom and I don't have any of those answers. I wish we could help, but those are FFOC questions.

We posted this press release because we were implicated by other industry players in FFOC's ownership. The NFFC has never had anything to do with the FFOC and as stated Fanball was just the back-end provider the last two years.

Nobody likes any unpaid prizes, cash or otherwise. I feel bad for anyone caught in that situation. I guarantee that's not going to happen here. Greg, I will refrain from posting details, but you very well know we had a very good reason as to why we thought that Fanball had an ownership interest in the FFOC. So don't paint this picture insinuating that we thought that and posted it for our own gain. We posted it because we believed it
to be true as we believed what we were told by a high ranking Fanball employee last year. I am sick of the insinuation that we are trying to tear down other contests. We are not. Good luck to you this year.
[/QUOTE]lol ... so let me get this straight ... you posted a bunch of rumors because your only repeating a bunch of rumors someone else posted or said (some call that slander). And these rumors could still cause damage to someone else's business and lively hood.

And now your upset because Greg is involved in posting damage control (he never named names BTW ... unlike you implied you did). And your pi$$ed at him because you think he didn't correctly identify and conveyed the proper intent of your slanderous statements towards his contest.

Seriously ... How about ... "I'm sorry for posting a bunch of rumors that may put you out of business Greg".

Someone please post the contest events this clown is associated with so I NEVER EVER mistakenly enter any of them. I know Greg is too classy to do it ... but someone on this message board must know who this narcissist is and what contests he is associated with.

Mike
Hakuna Matata!

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Wed May 26, 2010 1:52 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Not surprising. I wonder why the specific apology to Ryan?

Also not mentioned: what happens to the $700,000 still owed to last year's winner? Yes, the retraction is more than a little odd. I wonder who wrote this. Greg, perhaps you can find out who the author was. Thanks.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed May 26, 2010 2:00 am

Here is what the retraction says:

"Contrary to any statements or representations that may have been previously made, Fanball has no involvement, ownership or liability in the financial risks or awards of FFOC’s contests."

It basically says the NFFC is not responsible for any of FINANCIAL RISKS OR AWARDS of the FFOC. I completely believe that they were not responsible for the rewards.

As for Dave, he has not been out of line or tried to do anything to hurt the NFFC. If fact, his partner in the FFPC went on the air to say that prizes were safe with Fanball and there is no reason for a company the size of Fanball to ecrow. They have done nothing but say that prize money is safe with Fanball. All Dave did was take Greg's post as a shot at him but I believe that Greg didn't mean it that way at all.

Wayne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 26, 2010 2:32 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Not surprising. I wonder why the specific apology to Ryan?

Also not mentioned: what happens to the $700,000 still owed to last year's winner? Yes, the retraction is more than a little odd. I wonder who wrote this. Greg, perhaps you can find out who the author was. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]I would say a lawyer, wouldn't you?

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed May 26, 2010 2:40 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
All Dave did was take Greg's post as a shot at him but I believe that Greg didn't mean it that way at all.

Wayne This may very well be true.

I just found it interesting that Greg didn't name anyone and Dave did call Greg out regarding his comments (without even an attempt of an apology for spreading gossip ... which could really hurt Greg's contest ... regardless of Dave's intentions).

I met Dave (if it's the guy I think it is) ... He seems nice enough. I am surprised he is focused on his feelings being hurt and didn't seem to care one bit about the damage he may have contributed to regarding Greg's contest.

That's how it looks to me from here.

Mike
Hakuna Matata!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 26, 2010 2:41 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Here is what the retraction says:

"Contrary to any statements or representations that may have been previously made, Fanball has no involvement, ownership or liability in the financial risks or awards of FFOC’s contests."

It basically says the NFFC is not responsible for any of FINANCIAL RISKS OR AWARDS of the FFOC. I completely believe that they were not responsible for the rewards.

As for Dave, he has not been out of line or tried to do anything to hurt the NFFC. If fact, his partner in the FFPC went on the air to say that prizes were safe with Fanball and there is no reason for a company the size of Fanball to ecrow. They have done nothing but say that prize money is safe with Fanball. All Dave did was take Greg's post as a shot at him but I believe that Greg didn't mean it that way at all.

Wayne Yeah, I totally agree Wayne. I don't want this to be an us vs. them or we vs. the world debate here. Hell, Dave and I are totally in agreement when it comes to protecting the players. I'm not sure how Tom or I got thrown on the Dark Side of this debate. We've been paying our winners for 6+ years now and trying to pay as fast as possible even though our growth has been faster than we ever expected.

My response last night certainly wasn't directed at any competing event. Not at all. It was stating that industry players -- i.e. fantasy players of which some of them are our own customers -- had stated that Fanball was a part owner when that was not in any way the truth.

This industry needs to continue to work together so that we can prevent any contest from not paying their winners in full. I will work with any association if we can do that. I'm not sure there is a foolproof way of doing that, but it was my goal when we started the Fantasy Sports Players Association in 1999 and it's still my goal today. On that point, we all can agree, right?

It's time to move on from this debate and protect the players. Our contest does that with a strong backing from Liberty Media and a strong history of always paying on time. Other contests have similar reasons to trust. As players, make smart choices, know your game operators well, and play in games you trust and like. For now, you hold the keys to all of this.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat May 29, 2010 4:17 am

http://www.ffoc.com/

Link is now down, so I guess FFOC will not make good on there payouts and I guess it was another post that was not true by FFOC.

John