OT: Official Statement From FFOC Ending Its Event

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 29, 2010 6:37 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
http://www.ffoc.com/

Link is now down, so I guess FFOC will not make good on there payouts and I guess it was another post that was not true by FFOC.

John John, it's another assumption that you are making and posting it as the written truth and that's dangerous unless you have proof to back up your statements. I'm not sure what happened to the FFOC site, but they said they are going to pay those who had a chance to claim a cash prize and I trust those 136 owners will be paid. If they don't get paid in 30 days, then all of them should post on our site, FPA's site and other industry sites. But you making this assumption and posting it as if you know more than anyone else isn't doing anyone any good. They posted on Monday that they would pay those winners in 30 days, so let's give them time to do it.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat May 29, 2010 6:57 am

You're right of course Greg, 30 days haven't come and gone yet. As you know I should be one of those getting paid & I hope that this is just a technical glitch.

I'll admit I was the one who started this new wave of questioning this morning on the FFPC site.

I was taking care of some paperwork items last night and one of the things I wanted to take care of is sending out verification of my address to the address provided on the FFOC site as per their request.
I was surprised to find that when I hit the link to look up the address, all that came up was a blank webpage. When the webpage was still blank this morning, I'll admit I got angry.

The FFOC statement was odd in the first place because the 136 players they promised to take care of only represents a fraction of those who won their leagues and even a smaller fraction of those who won prizes when taking the 2nd place finishers into account. In addition, the $180 they're offering does not take care of the full monetary value of the original prize package promised for winning a league.

With all that taken into account, when I found their website was no longer active & the statement taken down, I figured it was just another slap in the face. Thus my posting.

I hope my current feelings are wrong. Maybe those of us promised $180 will actually be compensated within the 30 day timeframe. Maybe those prize winners who aren't included in the 136 will also be compensated and I and others will get the full value of our overall winnings. However, you can't blame any of us for being a bit skeptical at this point.

I still don't believe this is yours or Fanball's issue, or the FFPC's or WCOFF's for that matter, but it's not like we can post our grievances on the FFOC site anymore.

Glenn

[ May 29, 2010, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Glenneration X ]

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat May 29, 2010 7:26 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:

Link is now down, so I guess FFOC will not make good on there payouts and I guess it was another post that was not true by FFOC.

John John, it's another assumption that you are making and posting it as the written truth and that's dangerous unless you have proof to back up your statements. I'm not sure what happened to the FFOC site, but they said they are going to pay those who had a chance to claim a cash prize and I trust those 136 owners will be paid. If they don't get paid in 30 days, then all of them should post on our site, FPA's site and other industry sites. But you making this assumption and posting it as if you know more than anyone else isn't doing anyone any good. They posted on Monday that they would pay those winners in 30 days, so let's give them time to do it.
[/QUOTE]They never said they will make good on the 700,000 to the 1st Place Overall winner and to all the other money.It's like getting your leg blow off and the Docter gives you a Band aid.

It's June the Players should have recieved there money in January. Enough is enough.

Yep Stan and Len are Great guys.

John

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat May 29, 2010 7:27 am

'I'll admit I was the one who started this new wave of questioning this morning on the FFPC site.'

Glenn,

Why would you say this, all Contest runners want to make it look like I'm making this stuff up.

John

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 29, 2010 9:01 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
You're right of course Greg, 30 days haven't come and gone yet. As you know I should be one of those getting paid & I hope that this is just a technical glitch.

I'll admit I was the one who started this new wave of questioning this morning on the FFPC site.

I was taking care of some paperwork items last night and one of the things I wanted to take care of is sending out verification of my address to the address provided on the FFOC site as per their request.
I was surprised to find that when I hit the link to look up the address, all that came up was a blank webpage. When the webpage was still blank this morning, I'll admit I got angry.

The FFOC statement was odd in the first place because the 136 players they promised to take care of only represents a fraction of those who won their leagues and even a smaller fraction of those who won prizes when taking the 2nd place finishers into account. In addition, the $180 they're offering does not take care of the full monetary value of the original prize package promised for winning a league.

With all that taken into account, when I found their website was no longer active & the statement taken down, I figured it was just another slap in the face. Thus my posting.

I hope my current feelings are wrong. Maybe those of us promised $180 will actually be compensated within the 30 day timeframe. Maybe those prize winners who aren't included in the 136 will also be compensated and I and others will get the full value of our overall winnings. However, you can't blame any of us for being a bit skeptical at this point.

I still don't believe this is yours or Fanball's issue, or the FFPC's or WCOFF's for that matter, but it's not like we can post our grievances on the FFOC site anymore.

Glenn Glenn, I have no problem with you posting your complaints about FFOC here or on the other boards. Everyone is frustrated and wants answers and having the FFOC site down now doesn't help anyone, especially when there was information for 136 participants to claim prize money. But once again a question from one participant leads to another person -- John in this case -- claiming that more than $1 million will be unpaid. John has no knowledge of FFOC's discussions with the grand prize winner and is again speculating on public forums with no information at all.

Again, anyone can ask questions and hopefully someone from FFOC will provide answers. They said they would pay 136 cash winners in 30 days and I hope they do. I believe the grand prize winner has been contacted and nothing has changed there. I'm still hopeful all of this will be resolved, but I guess I know as much as John does.

On that thread, Scotty says this:
"FANBALL is still running the Snap Draft game. It seems as if Stan and Fanball were partners in the adventure. I wonder if Stan still recieves money from the Snap Draft games as he said several times it helped to fund the FFOC."

I hate to bust his bubble, but Fanball owns Snap Draft in full and works with Rotoworld.com on much of the promotional aspects of Snap Draft. There were Snap Draft games that had prizes of free entries into FFOC and someone posted those are being honored because Fanball owns Snap Draft and prize money was set aside to honor these prizes. Doing cross promotion makes sense when Fanball is running both back-ends, but that doesn't mean FFOC owns Snap Draft. Sheesh.

If nobody monitors those posts, then they are left out there as truth, when they are far from the truth. But let's hope that Stan and FFOC do what they promised and that's pay the remaining 136 teams who could have claimed cash prizes. And of course we all hope the grand prize winner gets his $700,000 as promised.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat May 29, 2010 9:07 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

[/QUOTE]They never said they will make good on the 700,000 to the 1st Place Overall winner and to all the other money.It's like getting your leg blow off and the Docter gives you a Band aid.

It's June the Players should have recieved there money in January. Enough is enough.

John
[/QUOTE]So John, they didn't say how the grand prize winner would be paid and so you were annointed to say that he wouldn't get paid? Don't you think he would be on all of the message boards if he knew less than you? You just keep assuming things as if you know more than anyone else.

Yeah, all football prize winners should be paid in January, with that we all agree. And nobody is defending Stan and Len here, my friend. But just because you don't like them doesn't give anyone the right to print accusations that are not proven true. If the grand prize winner says he has been told he won't be paid, then we have a story. But until then, let the facts come out.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat May 29, 2010 9:21 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

John
[/QUOTE]So John, they didn't say how the grand prize winner would be paid and so you were annointed to say that he wouldn't get paid? Don't you think he would be on all of the message boards if he knew less than you? You just keep assuming things as if you know more than anyone else.

Yeah, all football prize winners should be paid in January, with that we all agree. And nobody is defending Stan and Len here, my friend. But just because you don't like them doesn't give anyone the right to print accusations that are not proven true. If the grand prize winner says he has been told he won't be paid, then we have a story. But until then, let the facts come out.
[/QUOTE]Greg,

I do like Stan by the way. I don't know Len. It seems to me your taking this to personal. How much longer do you want to give FFOC to make things right.

John

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat May 29, 2010 9:26 am

Greg,

You wrote this 'Don't you think he would be on all of the message boards if he knew less than you?'

Does Detsinh Sayaloune even know about this site?
Has Detsinh Sayaloune ever played in NFFC,WCOFF or FFPC?

He paid $10.00 to enter FFOC, not 1,400 or 1,500 or 1,950. So my guess is Mr. Sayaloune doesn't even know about this site or FPA or any other High Skate Contests. Maybe someone should post on FBG site to get this guy out so all can be told.

I saw this coming from a mile away,

John

[ May 29, 2010, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sat May 29, 2010 9:50 am

John, what are these High Skate Contests you speak of? Did I miss the launch of Fantasy Roller Derby?

Seriously though, why do you keep "guessing on these issues". In your last post you guess that the guy that won 1 million doesn't know about the rest of these contests. Why do that? It falls under my new motto of "what good can come from that?".

Give the FFOC 30 days as requested and if they do not pay, then hammer them but for now, I would let the situation play out.

Note: If their website stays down and there is no avenue to reach them, then I would gather the group and call Jack Haan! I would not wait.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat May 29, 2010 9:57 am

Originally posted by Rob B:
John, what are these High Skate Contests you speak of? Did I miss the launch of Fantasy Roller Derby?

Seriously though, why do you keep "guessing on these issues". In your last post you guess that the guy that won 1 million doesn't know about the rest of these contests. Why do that? It falls under my new motto of "what good can come from that?".

Give the FFOC 30 days as requested and if they do not pay, then hammer them but for now, I would let the situation play out.

Note: If their website stays down and there is no avenue to reach them, then I would gather the group and call Jack Haan! I would not wait. Rob you wrote:
Note: If their website stays down and there is no avenue to reach them, then I would gather the group and call Jack Haan! I would not wait.

Greg wants to give them 30 days. So now I'm confused.

A. Wait 30 days?
B. If the site remains down, call Jack?

So do I wait 30 days and the site is still down call Jack?

Rob, I know you agreed with me, so just say it.

John