Should there be a limit on how many drafted?

khandy29

Post by khandy29 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:19 am

As long as the person that paid in May doesnt get left out for a person that paid on Aug. 29th I guess it will work itself out...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:02 am

You don't have to worry about that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:38 am

I was in a New York/Vegas split league... and I tell you it was fantastic.

Not only was it easy to hear the guys announcing their picks on the phone and the moderator handled everything... but on top of that I had a bunch of space to spread out. I would have had the hotel bring in a recliner or something if I had known how much space was going to be there ;)

Unless you want to read someone's 'poker face' or try to read their co-manager's lips to pick up who they are trying to consider... you'll appreciate the space far more than you think!

The only negative was that since our table only had 5 people sitting at it... other folks thought it was an empty space and would come and plop down and start thumbing through some papers or something... not realizing our draft was going on at that very same table!

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:58 am

That won't happen in NY for the football event, Dave. I'll make sure none of that riff-raff interrupt the procedings. I'm not afraid to drop the hammer on some folks if need be. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:49 pm

Funny how this thread went from me asking about player limits to Tom being a bouncer.

Bret Borg

Post by Bret Borg » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:52 am

Tom:

To date, how many NFFC main event sign-ups do we have & how many of these are for L.V.? The "word of mouth" recruiting does work, so keep reminding everyone about the $100 incentive for each "recruited" team.

Good stuff!!!!!!

Bret

Uncle Louie

Post by Uncle Louie » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:24 am

Would you guys ever consider allowing participants to trade draft picks - I believe it would add a lot to the game. Everyone is afraid of collusion - rightfully so - but what if all potential draft pick trades had to first be approved by someone from NFFC......

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:50 am

Originally posted by Uncle Louie:
Would you guys ever consider allowing participants to trade draft picks - I believe it would add a lot to the game. Everyone is afraid of collusion - rightfully so - but what if all potential draft pick trades had to first be approved by someone from NFFC...... I'll give you my 14 slot and $200 for your #1 slot...
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:56 am

Louie, in my opinion, if you're playing for big money there should be zero trading. It eliminates that chance of someone getting taken advantage of. Every time you think you're playing with knowledgeable, level headed owners, a trade like Marvin Harrison for Todd Heap is going to happen to show you why trading should be banned. Heap may be a great asset to somebody's team who needs a TE, but is he the equivalent to 100 receptions and 1200+ yds?...No. Draft picks are in the same category. When I'm investing $1,200.00, I really don't want to find out at the draft table that somebody worked out enough trades at the bar a few hours earlier to get himself 3 1st round draft picks. *But like I said Uncle Louie, just my opinion.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Uncle Louie

Post by Uncle Louie » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:58 am

Diesel,

I don't agree that trading players and picks are the same. Also, I am suggesting that someone from NFFC approve all trades to safeguard the rest of us from collusion.

For example, if I get an early pick in the draft - I would like to trade down.....it would be great to have that option....

Gorden - I'll do it for $300 and your autographed picture.

-Louie