Gekko Invitational League

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:38 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Well, there's 4 weeks to go till playoffs. standings for top teams in playoff hunt...

Jersey Paul Satellite 8-1 1155
Appleman 7-2 1263
Kings of Queens 7-2 1227
Team Fitzpatrick 5-4 1107
LBS Dyv (Gekko) 5-4 1059
Vega$ Gambler$ 5-4 1035
Borat's Battlers 4-5 1133
KJ Duke's Zefurs 4-5 1051

Team Deere doesn't have a chance? There are still 4 weeks left!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:40 am

Originally posted by Primo:
Whoever he is, I probably owe him another drink for kicking my butt and being a fellow Deadwood watcher. Au contrere, Primo. Drinks are on me next year.

[ November 14, 2004, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:54 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Team Deere doesn't have a chance? There are still 4 weeks left! ya, i still have a chance. but take a look at my RB's. with moss out, i'm dead in the water. i'll keep plugging along with 100pts each week.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:15 am

Originally posted by JerseyPaul:
The way GG wrote the rules, the 4 playoff teams are picked ... record, points, points, record.

As I am 3 games up with 4 to go in record, and with record being picked AFTER the top point getters are selected, I'm looking pretty good for a playoff spot. I saw no point in picking up a 4 ppg FB.4 points from that fullback could make the difference in your Week 1-13 average, Paul.

Don't worry, I did the same thing with my TE.

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:53 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Primo:
Whoever he is, I probably owe him another drink for kicking my butt and being a fellow Deadwood watcher. Au contrere, Primo. Drinks are on me next year. [/QUOTE]The pleasure will be all mine next year, King. I may leave my weed-head buddy home and bring a hot girl to cross off the drafted players while I'm smoking outside. I also may feed you guys if Tom and Greg don't mind.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:27 pm

GG, thanks for letting me play in your inaugural event and save me a spot for next year as I would be honored. You may have your MB enemies but you're a friend to me. Also, a hearty thanks to all of the other owners who I thoroughly enjoyed matching wits against and learning about the national game versus the local stuff. It will certainly help me in next year's events. Hope to get to meet all of you somewhere along the way!
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:47 pm

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
GG, thanks for letting me play in your inaugural event and save me a spot for next year as I would be honored. Thanks, and there will be a spot waiting for you. Gekko is preparing an all-out assualt on high stakes fantasy football games. With the success i'm having this year, more of my colleagues want to get involved next year. i might do one or both high stakes fantasy football events next year. i thought i'd never consider going back to the "other" league, but the NFFC H2H no playoff structure bugs me (along with my co-owners). why invest the $, if you could get screwed in H2H and not get a shot at the league prize? in our opinion, it doesn't make any sense.

Also, a hearty thanks to all of the other owners who I thoroughly enjoyed matching wits against and learning about the national game versus the local stuff. i echo your comments. well done gentlemen. i'll have some more treats for next year. whichever draft site i go to, i'll try and get an in-person draft going, along with a semi-high stakes no-limit holdem tournament.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:48 pm

UPDATE after Week 13:

Team AFTER THE FALL 3-10
Final Point Average for 125.00
Final Point Average against 143.92

Team Jensen 10-3
Final Point Average for 120.32
Final Point Average against 98.58
means more to me than what's on the surface...i'll shoot you an off-line e-mail in the next day or two.

thanks for this post.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:16 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
i might do one or both high stakes fantasy football events next year. i thought i'd never consider going back to the "other" league, but the NFFC H2H no playoff structure bugs me (along with my co-owners). why invest the $, if you could get screwed in H2H and not get a shot at the league prize? in our opinion, it doesn't make any sense.Sorry to hear that. You'd be missed around here.