Election Time

TamuScarecrow

Election Time

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:39 am

Question, Gordon. Did you vote for Hillary or against Hillary? And as a side note, I see Lamar Gordon is out for a month with surgery which really makes your Jackson pick look good.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

lichtman

Election Time

Post by lichtman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:50 am

the statement that Clinton decimated the military is absurd. Bush forcefed everyone the line about how many units of the army would answer the call to war with "not ready for duty" during the debates, and it was roundly shot down by military and non-military experts alike. Apparently the liberal media chose to ignore that mistake, and focus on whether or not Al Gore invented the Internet (a claim he never explicitly made).

If the army was in such a shambles, why was the major action in Afghanistan and Iraq over so quickly? Amazing to me how patriotic conservatives are so quick to slag the military if it suits their agenda.

I'm not voting for Bush because a vote for Presidnet Bush is a vote for Dick Cheney and Karl Rove. Even though, as the President says, the economy has "turned the corner" and we are "mission accomplished" in Iraq.

However, I do agree that it is impossible to pass judgement on Bush's reaction on 9/11. What should he have done?

[ August 11, 2004, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Ico Jones ]
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

Gordon Gekko

Election Time

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:23 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
I see Lamar Gordon is out for a month with surgery which really makes your Jackson pick look good. What did you expect from Gekko? In the real draft, if you're the Faulk owner, better get Jackson in the 5th, otherwise your season is likely done.

[ August 11, 2004, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TamuScarecrow

Election Time

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:41 am

Ico, my only response to your first paragraph is where the world were you between 1992 and 2000 when the Dems slashed the defense and intelligence agency budgets? Even the media has reported this except, it seems, in NY. Wait a minute, we may be on to something here. Ico, do you know Hillary Clinton is one of your U.S. senators? The media may not have told you that either and maybe that's why Gordon hasn't answered back. Maybe he's still trying to figure out what I asked him.

Yes, our military technology is superior to everyone else on the planet and that is why we were able to knock out the firepower of Iraq and Afghanistan so quickly. But the military response during the debates was to a conventional war, not the type of war we are fighting now. The occupation and restoring of order takes manpower and that's where we are shorthanded and why? You can't blame Cheney and Rove for that and we didn't seem to have this problem during Reagan and Bush I when the Dems were complaining about soring defense budget spending. So who does that lead us to point the finger at? The man who would be mayor of New York.

And about 9/11 let me ask my question to you a different way, would President Bush walking out on a classroom full of kids have made you feel better? Because it sure wouldn't have changed anything that happened in NY, PA, or DC. It was days before they found the black boxes in PA and DC and were able to confirm that it was terrorists and not disgruntled postal workers or stock brokers that crashed those planes into the Twin Towers so why do you continue to want to blame Bush?
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place

Gordon Gekko

Election Time

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:17 am

Ico, do you know Hillary Clinton is one of your U.S. senators? The media may not have told you that either and maybe that's why Gordon hasn't answered back. Maybe he's still trying to figure out what I asked him. Insulting to say the least. My time is valuable. When I jump on the MB I do a few quick posts. Sorry, I didn't answer your question about Clinton, but I really don't want to get in a debate about politics other than the crappy job Bush is doing.

And about 9/11 let me ask my question to you a different way, would President Bush walking out on a classroom full of kids have made you feel better? Anything would have been better than nothing. I guess the puppet doesn't move until the puppetmaster moves his hand.

Because it sure wouldn't have changed anything that happened in NY, PA, or DC. He didn't know that at the time!!!!!! Get it yet!!!!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

lichtman

Election Time

Post by lichtman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:52 pm

Hey! I sort of defended his reaction by asking "what should he have done."

Anyway, check out:

http://dir.salon.com/politics/feature/2 ... index.html

to see just how wrong Bush was when he made that statement, and just how many people from all sides of the political spectrum.

I don't blame Bush - he's just reading what Rove is feeding.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

Walla Walla

Election Time

Post by Walla Walla » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:37 pm

I don't like any of them! I have the full backing of the majority of Americans! Don't believe me?
Well after the election when they state that 50% didn't vote that'll be the majority that agreed with me. :)

Appleman

Election Time

Post by Appleman » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:53 pm

For all:If one of those kids in that classroom were yours, how would you feel?? How do/did you explain it to your 3 or 6 year old?? No answer is right or wrong, but your answer to it, probably decides which way you vote in Nov.
And about 9/11 let me ask my question to you a different way, would President Bush walking out on a classroom full of kids have made you feel better?

TamuScarecrow

Election Time

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:23 am

I'm afraid you are going to be right, Walla. Neither choice is a prize. As I said earlier, it's a shame we don't have a legitimate third party candidate because this would be the election for one.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place