Hoops Leagues forming NOW

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:06 am

Originally posted by nnoy:
If you are going to require a C and you are going to do regular serpentine then I’ll have to pass on this one. Picking from the bottom (10-12) would be too much of a disadvantage to overcome in my opinion.

I support you guys trying to pull this thing off, but I’m not willing to take a about a 1 in 2 chance that my entry could be a complete donation based solely on what draft slot I draw.

By nixing position requirements I believe you can minimize this. I don't think it's near as dramatic as you want to make it - but as I noted in the original post if you're concerned that you can't compete then you shouldn't play. No sweat. I can win any game from any spot and have done so in almost every fantasy sport. I'm not bragging, I'm just explaining that you'll be surprised how the ability to get a top PG and a top PF (or whatever) can offset someone else's ability to get a SUPER SF and a 'good' PG. I'd be willing to wager Garnett isn't the #1 player this year ;)

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:07 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Dyv, if we do use All Star Stats, I believe the only positions they use are C, F/C, F, G/F, and G. Regardless, it seems that we are at the mercy of our stat service.

The draft could be conducted over yahoo, but I think we need to reserve a time with them. Not sure if 11/2 8pm and 11/3 11pm are available. I think I have it covered, but definitely noted on the issues!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:34 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
I can win any game from any spot and have done so in almost every fantasy sport. anyone can win from any spot if you play enough times. ;)
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:45 am

Complaining about the rules in a league you have no intention of competing in is like me complaining that I don't like what you're going to have for dinner tonight.

It's like there is a prize for who can post the most messages.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

da bears

Post by da bears » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:09 am

I'm in. Da bears/Matthew Bauler
Bauler Shot Caller

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:40 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Dyv:
I can win any game from any spot and have done so in almost every fantasy sport. anyone can win from any spot if you play enough times. ;) [/QUOTE]Shhhh... I don't tell your secrets, you don't tell mine ;)

Dave

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:32 pm

Dyv, I was wrong about the rules. You have those set up. Sorry. The only thing holding me back is the draft date. I have to work the evening of the 2nd. I could do it on the evening of the 3rd. So I'm either in on the 3rd or out on the 2nd. The 2nd also is election day. That might cause a problem for any west coast people trying to make it to the polls.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:36 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:
Dyv, I was wrong about the rules. You have those set up. Sorry. The only thing holding me back is the draft date. I have to work the evening of the 2nd. I could do it on the evening of the 3rd. So I'm either in on the 3rd or out on the 2nd. The 2nd also is election day. That might cause a problem for any west coast people trying to make it to the polls. Good point, hadn't thought about that. We can change to a different date if need be, so you've now posted your interest and we'll see how it sorts out in the next few days.

Dave

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:29 am

Update: We have 7, possibly 8 if Walla can make it. We'll take signups for a couple more days and see how this develops.

Thanks,

Dave

lichtman

Post by lichtman » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:47 pm

I'm going to have to bail on the hoops league. Sorry!
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.