Fantasy Basketball: Anyone Up For It?

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:40 am

Originally posted by Milkman Dead:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Just to get the juices flowing a bit here, I'll post the Top 20 rankings from the NBA.com Fantasy Basketball Magazine. I believe this list was compiled by Matthew Berry and his staff at TalentedMrRoto.com with NBA.com, so here it is and let's see some comments:

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Shawn Marion
5. Allen Iverson
6. Amare Stoudamire
7. Tracy McGrady
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Andrei Kirilenko
10. Gilbert Arenas
11. Paul Pierce
12. Steve Nash
13. Mike Bibby
14. Jason Kidd
15. Ray Allen
16. Stephon Marbury
17. Tim Duncan
18. Elton Brand
19. Jermaine O'Neal
20. Vince Carter No love for new NBA live coverboy Dwyane Wade? Blasphemy!
[/QUOTE]My sentiments exactly. I drafted Wade in the 3rd round last year, and besides the T.O.'s I was very happy with the return.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

ENTEXPLSON

Post by ENTEXPLSON » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:51 am

Anybody else getting anxious? My site is going to be debuting our Basketball Content within a week or so. We are finishing up a Draft kit that should be of good use to you. Also we are setting up one of the finest Expert Leagues out there, so keep an eye for that as well. But we are going to be conducting a mock draft this week. Some of the participants we have are going to be "Experts" but I just want to make sure we have enough bodies to conduct a solid draft. So if your interested and have some time to spare Wed./Thurs. this week... Please let me know and I may invite you to participate. Thanx Guys!! Still waiting for NBA Approval!! lol

[email protected]

Milkman Dead

Post by Milkman Dead » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:42 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by Milkman Dead:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Just to get the juices flowing a bit here, I'll post the Top 20 rankings from the NBA.com Fantasy Basketball Magazine. I believe this list was compiled by Matthew Berry and his staff at TalentedMrRoto.com with NBA.com, so here it is and let's see some comments:

1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Shawn Marion
5. Allen Iverson
6. Amare Stoudamire
7. Tracy McGrady
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Andrei Kirilenko
10. Gilbert Arenas
11. Paul Pierce
12. Steve Nash
13. Mike Bibby
14. Jason Kidd
15. Ray Allen
16. Stephon Marbury
17. Tim Duncan
18. Elton Brand
19. Jermaine O'Neal
20. Vince Carter No love for new NBA live coverboy Dwyane Wade? Blasphemy!
[/QUOTE]My sentiments exactly. I drafted Wade in the 3rd round last year, and besides the T.O.'s I was very happy with the return.
[/QUOTE]I picked up the NBA.com mag today. It turns out Wade is #21 so its not so bad I guess but he should still be closer to #15 than #20 IMO.

Milkman Dead

Post by Milkman Dead » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:51 pm

Originally posted by AuctionPlayer:
Anybody else getting anxious? My site is going to be debuting our Basketball Content within a week or so. We are finishing up a Draft kit that should be of good use to you. Also we are setting up one of the finest Expert Leagues out there, so keep an eye for that as well. But we are going to be conducting a mock draft this week. Some of the participants we have are going to be "Experts" but I just want to make sure we have enough bodies to conduct a solid draft. So if your interested and have some time to spare Wed./Thurs. this week... Please let me know and I may invite you to participate. Thanx Guys!! Still waiting for NBA Approval!! lol

[email protected] Very much so. I hope the NBA gives word on Monday cuz this week is when the basketball buzz is going to start. They should be on top of this!

Hector - please give me more info on this weeks mock draft and the expert league you're putting together. I'd love to do both and I think I have pretty solid credentials to join in. thanks.

ENTEXPLSON

Post by ENTEXPLSON » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:12 am

Just sent you a e-mail...Thanx

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:10 am

Okay, I'll post something tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Long story. Should have everything by tomorrow and with any luck start taking signups. Leave your money at home for now, just give me a commitment!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:14 am

Greg, let me be first in line--you have my commitment.

I suppose that means I should be committed???

Milkman Dead

Post by Milkman Dead » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:03 pm

YES! let's get it on.

ENTEXPLSON

Post by ENTEXPLSON » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:51 pm

Greg..

I am in at least for one team. But I may be able to work more...But I am in for at least ONE

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:14 pm

Not good news today guys. Anyone who wants to play in a private league if this doesn't go through with all of the money going back in prizes, just e-mail me at [email protected]. Maybe I can organize something different and still build on the rules. Let's see what happens as I'll create an e-mail distribution list and get something rolling.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius