Week 3 stat changed 2 AM this morning?

kennorred

Post by kennorred » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:49 pm

we discussed this all weekend on the scoring corrections thread. for some reason stats didnt update the stat corrections last week according to rules when they should have.

D. Scoring: The National Fantasy Football Championship will use a head-to-head scoring setup. Scoring will be accumulated each week from your 10 starters. Scores in the NFFC are finalized with no changes possible after 6 p.m. EST each Thursday after the weekend games.

elias stat changes were published last thur morn but were not updated on the stat pages at that time like they should have been for some reason. this has been an ongoing problem with stats but according to the rules that should have been followed i would say that Butter should lose their week 3 match making them 2-2 on the season

danimal10

Post by danimal10 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Kin,

Thanks for directing me to the other discussion. From your post I see that the Jones change was published to Stats Thursday morning around 11:30. It appears it did not hit NFFC/NBC websites until late last night however for some reason.

In fact Greg has a post in the other discussion that every stat change for the first 3 weeks has been reflected and since the Jones change was posted to Stats prior to the cutoff, I would say that by definition of the rules, the Jones catch and yardage count for week 3.

I concur with your assessment that Butter's record should reflect the week 3 loss. I am in no position to comment on how he may or may not have managed his team for week 4 believing he won in week 3.

But in the interest of full disclosure, based on this catch for Jones our 14 team squad went from losing by 1.6 points to winning by .5 points. We were not in the same league as Butter, however.

From the other side of the table, and having a vested interest I can certainly empathize with Butter's situation but I can say with 100% certainty now knowing the facts that the Jones catch counts for week 3 and the results & standings as they currently stand should be honored as a stat is a stat and it appears Stats posted the update prior to the deadline, even though it did not hit the NFFC website until later.

Furthermore, I wanted to clarify the facts around the issue before offering my opinion even though it directly affected our team as I would not want to win on a technicality or computer error, but I certainly expect to be credited with a win when fairly earned.

Just my 2 cents.

D

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:48 pm

Originally posted by danimal10:
Kin,

Thanks for directing me to the other discussion. From your post I see that the Jones change was published to Stats Thursday morning around 11:30. It appears it did not hit NFFC/NBC websites until late last night however for some reason.
if the stats aren't reflected in our boxscores by the deadline on thursday, they shouldn't count. i see no wiggle room on that one. sorry

[ September 30, 2008, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

JB

Post by JB » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:47 pm

I am in this league and I have to say this is a tough one. It seems as though STATS is really to blame because they didn't update like they were supposed to. Matt Jones' stats were corrected before the deadline but they weren't updated on the website. The real problem in my opinion is that the rule is too vague.

"Scoring: The National Fantasy Football Championship will use a head-to-head scoring setup. Scoring will be accumulated each week from your 10 starters. Scores in the NFFC are finalized with no changes possible after 6 p.m. EST each Thursday after the weekend games."

Does that mean any changes that the nfl announces before 6pm will count no matter when STATS gets around to updating them OR does that mean no changes can be made by STATS after 6pm?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:02 am

"Scores in the NFFC are finalized with no changes possible after 6 p.m. EST each Thursday after the weekend games."

i don't see how the rule could be any more clear. if STATS did bungle this up, both NFBC and NFFC owners will be calling for STATS head (and rightfully so).

[ October 01, 2008, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

JB

Post by JB » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:07 am

Well, I disagree. I think the rule could be made more clear. As the rule is written however I would have to agree that the NFFC scores are finalized at 6pm so if i load up the scores on the website at exactly 6pm those scores should NEVER EVER change. But using that logic what if a stat was actually WRONG (say they have a guy scoring a TD when he never did or for some reason they had a glitch in their software that screwed up a bunch of stats), would those stats be changed?

Also, this rule is listed in the NFFC rules section but we are talking about an NBC league which has no such rule listed (at least i couldn't find one). Seems pretty obvious to me it would be the same rule in the NBC though.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:29 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
"Scores in the NFFC are finalized with no changes possible after 6 p.m. EST each Thursday after the weekend games."

i don't see how the rule could be any more clear. if STATS did bungle this up, both NFBC and NFFC owners will be calling for STATS head (and rightfully so).
You are absolutely right here. Because Stats couldn't deliver what they promised when they attained this contract Butter....his opponant...Greg/Tom...the NFFC are all in a no win situation.

If the results are overturned maybe Stats should refund Butters entry fee and let him play for free this year.

I gotta say that I agree with SNAKE in being disappointed with Stats this year. They have really dropped the ball on more than one occasion in 2008.

The saving grace in this for all of us players is Greg and Tom always do their very best to do the right thing. Good luck on this one.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:25 am

Wow ... I thought I remembered it locking down Thursday ... I found and copied those Wednesday rules from the rules tab from our team pages. I assumed these rules should be the same as the rules on the main home page. I was wrong. Ouch.

Those rules should really be the same.
Hakuna Matata!