Week 3 stat changed 2 AM this morning?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:23 pm

Originally posted by JB:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
I'm sorry I don't follow you. Chad posted he and the other guy are both getting wins. So if he finishes a game behind me for say, 2nd place, then you will count his win and put him in a tie with me? I understand there is a big picture here with all 300+ teams but I want to know how this personally affects the 12 teams in this league. I will make good for Chad and not affect anyone else in that league even if I have to compute his stats separately in the Championship Game. Nobody loses out. [/QUOTE]Greg,

What would you do if Butter or someone else affected by this ruling made it into the playoffs and won the whole thing? The guy who finishes 2nd could make the case that he shouldn't have even been in there...would you award two 100k prizes? I know the chance of that is slim to none but just looking at worst case scenario for you.
[/QUOTE]<insert pic of can of worms being opened>
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Originally posted by BUTTER:
By us being 3-0 affected not only FA but who we played week 4. Sorry if my mind is diff than yours but by being 3-0 we left Holt in, if we were 2-1 and in my opinion desperate we would have benched him with all the Rams probs. Again I am sorry that I make calls based on info like my record but I always have and will. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the object to score the most points????

So you didn't bid on a guy who you called "the next Wes Welker" to replace a guy you thought was a bad choice because you had ONE extra win only 3 weeks in??? :confused:

I'm sorry, but seeing that you have VERY little control of your record (except if you score a lot of points- and even then you aren't always safe!) this is REALLY poor logic.

Not sure how long you have been playing, but I would bet that with that thought process, you have some tough times ahead.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:05 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by BUTTER:
By us being 3-0 affected not only FA but who we played week 4. Sorry if my mind is diff than yours but by being 3-0 we left Holt in, if we were 2-1 and in my opinion desperate we would have benched him with all the Rams probs. Again I am sorry that I make calls based on info like my record but I always have and will. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the object to score the most points????

So you didn't bid on a guy who you called "the next Wes Welker" to replace a guy you thought was a bad choice because you had ONE extra win only 3 weeks in??? :confused:

I'm sorry, but seeing that you have VERY little control of your record (except if you score a lot of points- and even then you aren't always safe!) this is REALLY poor logic.

Not sure how long you have been playing, but I would bet that with that thought process, you have some tough times ahead.
[/QUOTE]Agreed. What your record is after 3 weeks should have no bearing on who you start. This is hindsight rationalization of the highest, whiniest form.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by kln:
lets move on feel free [/QUOTE]:D

BUTTER

Post by BUTTER » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:11 pm

As Greg said move on. You can continue to bash me if it makes you feel good. Most of you were not involved and have no clue how this all went down. Even those in our league were not first to contact stats, I was period. As for my Welker comment, he won't have Wes points, I mearly meant this years surprise guy to have a ton of targets. I have been in wcoff since it started in 02 so am familiar with how it all works. I was 3-0 and the only unbeaten. I wanted to have a lot of money left with that record and I do. As for friends, I don't need ones who want to run there mouth when they DO NOT know all the facts.

KJ I do wish you luck and think someday you may have something happen to you or yours and I will wish you luck with that. (I felt there was a rule in place as I said and felt it was not upheld that is why I reacted period). I do hope you too would stand up if you felt something strong.

JB read the rules my lineup would revert back to last weeks if I bench all or not. That is until I drop one, then no clue as I did not see that part.

Thank you for all of your time and consideration in this matter! Most of all enjoy life, it is short and this is petty. I will be the first to admit when I am wrong. I could have handled this better. I was getting very upset as I think many of you would with the generic emails I was getting from league help.

Greg you should lock this post as people are getting way off subject and I see it not good for the spirit of this event.

Thanks again and I am moving on!
Good Luck to all!

BUTTER

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:19 pm

Butter -

I've had plenty of things happen to me. But I do not have an attorney on speed dial. It is a horrible part of our culture that most people do rather than exhaust all avenues of resolution beforehand, and secondly consider the spirit of any agreement and take responsibility for their role in it. Personally, I think Greg went wayyy too far with what he offered you and I wouldn't think it very credible of you to accept even if you could. If I understand this correctly, you are arguing a technicality in the rules, simply beacuse you can. That doesn't make it right. If you were outscored, you should lose.

Hopefully you will learn from this, and in the future contact (or threaten with) an attorney as a very very last resort to resolving a dispute, especially with someone who is highly credible and a standup guy. If you do learn from this, then I wish you all the luck. I think you could start by saying thanks, but no thanks to Greg's offer. It would be a shallow, disgraceful victory for you if Greg had to pay out two league prizes.

[ October 01, 2008, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:23 pm

Originally posted by BUTTER:
What you guys do not know is that I did not know Tom or Greg and I was dealing with emails from Krause saying your 2-2 what is wrong? stat changes hap on Thur...etc. Then not getting responses after I emailed all info back. That is when I consulted my lawyer. That was it. I was dealing with this from there first email at 2:49 AM Tue till mid afternoon. I was very happy how fast both Tom and Greg got involved but I first hit help on my home page.

Chad Hey man...I'm good friends with alot of these guys giving you a hard time. I just wanted you to know I don't agree with their judgements of you and I certainly don't think you did anything wrong.

It can get emotional when you're playing for big $$$ and we all respond a little different when we're mad so don't sweat it. I'm glad you got to keep the win and if you cash I'll be expecting you to buy dinner in Chicago next year. :D

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Lionel Hutz: Now don't you worry, Mr Butter, I... uh-oh. We've drawn Judge Snyder.
Mr Butter: Is that bad?
Lionel Hutz: Well, he's had it in for me ever since I kinda outbid him for the next wes welker.
Mr Butter: You did?
Lionel Hutz: Well, replace the word "kinda" with the word "bull****" and the word "wes welker" with "bull****."

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:36 pm

Let's see. Lots of liberal northeast and SoCal in this conversation with the only logic coming from my good friends, the senators from Indiana and Virginia. Waiting for my idea of trading everything north of the Mason-Dixon line and east of the Penn-Ohio border to Canada for the Calgary Stampeders and Toronto Argos cheerleaders and California for the Edmonton Eskimo cheerleaders to take hold. Once again, triple-digit IQ and single-digit logic in these areas leads to a lawsuit. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:45 pm

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Let's see. Lots of liberal northeast and SoCal in this conversation with the only logic coming from my good friends, the senators from Indiana and Virginia. Waiting for my idea of trading everything north of the Mason-Dixon line and east of the Penn-Ohio border to Canada for the Calgary Stampeders and Toronto Argos cheerleaders and California for the Edmonton Eskimo cheerleaders to take hold. Once again, triple-digit IQ and single-digit logic in these areas leads to a lawsuit. :D Are you callin' me something tamu? Think you got me confused. And FYI, for those who don't know, SD is very much not LA. That would be like calling South Beach "Orlando".

[ October 01, 2008, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]