Chicago Venue apology/stance

chris456

Post by chris456 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:49 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
Wow that is great leadership Ryan! Send your people to Chicago that aren't held accountable and don't hold anyone accountable and then you just say thanks for the apology Chris. Sorry but that sucks! Since everyone knows Chris its ok.
First there are 2 chairs there for a reason. They had three people there and they made it their show. And yes, they kept filming their shenanigans during the entire draft! Second Chris and his buddies were asked numerous times to quiet down but it didn't matter to them. We DID ask both the draft coordinators and the folks in Fanball shirts and they didn't do anything.
Hell I even got there early for the Primetime to ask them to control this draft because they didn't do it at the classic! In fact when someone told the guy in the Fanball shirt we couldn't hear who was being drafted he shrugged his shoulders and laughed.
Since they claim to love the live draft so much
maybe Ryan should suspend them from live drafting next year and only let them do an online/phone entry for one year?!? That might teach them a lesson in how to act.

So I guess I'm the A@@hole. But sorry no apology accepted, Chris and his buddies treated it like their own event and ruined it for most people in these drafts.

Sincerely
Pat Sorge Pat,

FYI, I could forward you an email from a COUPLE owners that are in our league(s) if you'd like that DO state that they couldn't even notice us being "disruptive." Did say a few times could hear us laughing, but what is the big deal about that?

If you want to throw a fit about a few remarks, go ahead. As Dan stated though, we approached at least 4 other owners AT the draft and asked if we were ruining it for them or if we were too loud and not a single team said "yes.'

Now, I'm also done w/ this. Apologized for any of the teams that thought we were a lil' too loud, and if that isn't enough, then I guess just try to beat us and talk your smack.

Good luck, and again, its a weak move to sit and say Fanball did anything wrong. You are the outlier on that one I do believe.

chris456

Post by chris456 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:53 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Well, from an outsiders viewpoint, these last couple of posts from bullgod and legacy certainly make those apologies sound more like damage-control than apologies.

I wasn't there and don't pretend to know what was said by anyone, but apologies don't mean **** if you can't speak the truth. brotha, I have nothing to gain by trying to lie and argue on the internet. What is the point? I can forward about 3 or 4 emails now from other owners that literally said "we didn't even notice you guys that much."

Good luck to all, and I'm done w/ this.

And as for remarks like "put your head on a swivel," come on man. That is a football line hence the joke being broke out at the draft. Can't you drop some good laughs during a draft these days?

Never know guys, the UFFL All-Stars may just show up next year in business suits! : )

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:09 am

Sorry, I tried to stay out of this.

High-stakes Fantasy Football fact #101:
When Legacy says you've crossed the line, you've crossed the line.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:24 am

I was in the Primetime, and Legacy (Scott) pretty much "nailed it". And Dennis is right, if Scott is saying it, it must of been excessive.

They were asked NUMEROUS times to "keep it down" One of the players in the league in an agitated tone asked them after round 10 (I didn't see who, as I was looking at my sheet) and the reply was something to the effect of "geez, you don't have to say it like that". 5 seconds later there was no difference.

Funny thing was, they were loud starting 10 minutes prior to the draft, and I honestly thought it would stop once the draft started. Unfortunately, it turned into a "show". I'm all about having a good time, but when you can't hear the picks, something has to (should of) been done.

I'm betting this happened in the Classic also, and that is why when Chris (I think it was him) tried to talk to him, he said the "bro, I don't want to be a dick comment).

Finally, I really think the booze had something to do with it. After the break round 10, there were NUMEROUS times they named at least 5 players EACH round who were already taken, didn't know who was left, and took a player that everyone SHOULD of known was on IR with their last pick.

I'm cool with the apology and ready to move on, but to say they weren't asked to "keep it down", is completely false.

Fanball IS NOT to blame here, as they were put in a difficult situation as no one (including myself, and the reason I didn't say anything) wants to be the "party pooper".

Besides, trying to talk "reason" to someone who may have had a few too many is not always the easiest thing to do. ;)

[ September 09, 2009, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:37 am

Originally posted by UFFL Star:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
Wow that is great leadership Ryan! Send your people to Chicago that aren't held accountable and don't hold anyone accountable and then you just say thanks for the apology Chris. Sorry but that sucks! Since everyone knows Chris its ok.
First there are 2 chairs there for a reason. They had three people there and they made it their show. And yes, they kept filming their shenanigans during the entire draft! Second Chris and his buddies were asked numerous times to quiet down but it didn't matter to them. We DID ask both the draft coordinators and the folks in Fanball shirts and they didn't do anything.
Hell I even got there early for the Primetime to ask them to control this draft because they didn't do it at the classic! In fact when someone told the guy in the Fanball shirt we couldn't hear who was being drafted he shrugged his shoulders and laughed.
Since they claim to love the live draft so much
maybe Ryan should suspend them from live drafting next year and only let them do an online/phone entry for one year?!? That might teach them a lesson in how to act.

So I guess I'm the A@@hole. But sorry no apology accepted, Chris and his buddies treated it like their own event and ruined it for most people in these drafts.

Sincerely
Pat Sorge Pat,

FYI, I could forward you an email from a COUPLE owners that are in our league(s) if you'd like that DO state that they couldn't even notice us being "disruptive." Did say a few times could hear us laughing, but what is the big deal about that?

If you want to throw a fit about a few remarks, go ahead. As Dan stated though, we approached at least 4 other owners AT the draft and asked if we were ruining it for them or if we were too loud and not a single team said "yes.'

Now, I'm also done w/ this. Apologized for any of the teams that thought we were a lil' too loud, and if that isn't enough, then I guess just try to beat us and talk your smack.

Good luck, and again, its a weak move to sit and say Fanball did anything wrong. You are the outlier on that one I do believe.
[/QUOTE]Chris, I'm going to ask you to stop apologizing before this gets even worse than what happened on Draft Day. Fact of the matter is that you COMPLETELY RUINED the day for several teams and many will not come back next year because of it. You were completely rude to the owners around you and you failed to listen to anyone who asked you to quiet down. I've heard this now from enough people that I trust and respect and there is no question now that this went well beyond normal trash talking. You were completely inconsiderate of the people who paid good money to draft a good team and enjoy our live high-stakes event.

The fact that alcohol contributed to that makes me even madder. We allow our adults to drink because we feel they can act like adults with a beverage while drafting. Obviously you guys can't and that will be addressed going forward.

Now end your apologies before you tick off some more folks. As you can tell, I'm not pleased at all with your actions. Maybe you didn't notice, but you did have someone in your league who was disabled and you guys didn't give any respect to that person or anyone else in that league. I really can't believe your actions and again they will be addressed when I get back.

Good luck in this league but don't think what you did was "harmless smack talk." You went well over the line and embarrassed me, our staff and the NFFC.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

danimal10

Post by danimal10 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:22 am

This is not meant to continue the apology thread (per Greg's explicit request) as much as it's meant to be a final word from me and an offer to do what is necessary to make whatever happened right.

The bottom line is that we are in fact stand up guys and our behavior Saturday was an aberration and not indicative of the kind of guys we are.

However that said, it's obvious a line was crossed, knowingly or not, and I would like to do my part to personally make it right for now and for going forward in the future. Nobody should ever be ultimately judged by their best moments or worst moments and its definitely sounding like this was one of our worst.

So let's not take this any farther beyond the fact that we collectively are more than willing to discuss what happened with Greg and Ryan and make sure we not only own up to whatever we need to but that we also do whatever it takes help them avoid, mitigate, absolve and erase any negative impact that our actions, however unintentional in spirit, may have in fact caused to their business operations and lively hoods.

We are beyond debating right or wrong at this point and can unfortunately do nothing to change what's happened so far, but what I would prefer to do is take this as far as we can as individuals and as a team to make sure it ends right for everyone.

Dan

[ September 09, 2009, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: danimal10 ]

BOHNER99

Post by BOHNER99 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:18 pm

My two cents on the Primetime League 3 in Chicago.

I found some of the activity during the draft to be funny to a certain extent, but at some points it got to be too much. Did it affect me that much? Probably not, but I was not sitting next to the individuals. That of course doesn't make it right since there were teams that were right next to this team with one team in fact moving like was stated earlier.
As far as I am concerned apology accepted. In the future when something like this happens maybe a little more of an aggressive stance is needed. Good luck to everyone in League 3 Chicago including the 3 party animals!!

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:42 am

FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL