Long Year Awards

Gordon Gekko II

Long Year Awards

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:23 am

1. Anthony Gonzalez (wouldn't be surprised he's out for year)
2. Steve Smith Carolina (Delhomme playoff loss last year was preview for this year)
3. Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall (No Cutler, no stats)

BillyWaz

Long Year Awards

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:49 am

1. He's only out 2-6 weeks (their bye is in Week 6, so probably out the next 4 games). If you drafted well around him, you should be able to hang in there.

2. Delhomme is atrocious, and it looks like 2007 all over again when he got hurt,and the passing game was non-existant.

3. You could be right, as Orton sucks. I hope they give Simms a shot.

[ September 13, 2009, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko II

Long Year Awards

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:08 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
1. He's only out 2-6 weeks (their bye is in Week 6, so probably out the next 4 games). If you drafted well around him, you should be able to hang in there.

2. Delhomme is atrocious, and it looks like 2007 all over again when he got hurt,and the passing game was non-existant.

3. You could be right, as Orton sucks. I hope they give Simms a shot. 1. gonzo going for more extensive tests monday. that 2-6 weeks is all speculation at this point (hence the wide timeframe). in the 14 teamer, there's only so well you can draft to take the brunt of someone you considered a #1 wr. in a 12 teamer, i'm not as concerned. another reason why i like the 12 teamers better. one injury to a star player in a 14 teamer makes it a lot tougher to do well.

2. before today i was pissed i didn't acquire s.smith anywhere. i thought the panthers were certain that delhomee was going to be good to go this year after having TJS 2 years ago. boy, was i wrong. flutterball lives!

3. simms can throw a better deep ball!

[ September 13, 2009, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

BillyWaz

Long Year Awards

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:15 am

There were MANY people who lost Brady for the ENTIRE season at a MUCH more important position, and went on to remain competitive or win their leagues.

Work the wire, get creative, and most importantly......

Keep the faith!!! :D

Gordon Gekko II

Long Year Awards

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:17 am

There were MANY people who lost Brady for the ENTIRE season at a MUCH more important position, and went on to remain competitive or win their leagues.

Keep the faith!!! :D i'd be curious as to who those owners were that won their leagues last year after losing brady (being competitive is the same as coming in last) and ON AVERAGE how many points they scored on the season. 14 team live classic event.

[ September 13, 2009, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko II ]

BillyWaz

Long Year Awards

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:17 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Keep the faith!!! :D i'd be curious as to who those owners were that won their leagues last year after losing brady (being competitive is the same as coming in last) and ON AVERAGE how many points they scored on the season. 14 team live classic event.
[/QUOTE]Getting 2nd place (doubling your investment), or finishing 3rd (basically breaking even) is not the same as finishing in last.

That being said, I don't have specific data. All I'm saying is a 2-6 week injury to a #2 WR is not the end of the world! :rolleyes:

Gordon Gekko II

Long Year Awards

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:43 am

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:

[/QUOTE]Getting 2nd place (doubling your investment), or finishing 3rd (basically breaking even) is not the same as finishing in last.

That being said, I don't have specific data. All I'm saying is a 2-6 week injury to a #2 WR is not the end of the world! :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]so you are saying "MANY people who lost Brady for the ENTIRE season at a MUCH more important position, and went on to remain competitive or win their leagues."

i don't buy the "many" part. sorry.

listen, everyone has to buck up, like i said in a 12 team format, i'm not as concerned. in a 14 team format with 19 man rosters, it is a big concern. on top of that, you get ZERO pts for this week.

no wonder more people don't want to pluck down $1300-$2000 on buying a fantasy football team when this freak injury stuff happens and in fields such as this the sharks will eat you for breakfast.

Gordon Gekko II

Long Year Awards

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:51 am

for the most part this weekend, my teams have done pretty good. had AP and Brees on multiple teams.

however, an injury like this (with the sting of a zero pt week to boot) on just about all of my big dollar teams really sucks. takes the wind right out of my sails.

BONGIZMO

Long Year Awards

Post by BONGIZMO » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:59 am

Although Gonzo2 is the #2, being the prolific offense he is a part of we all know he gets drafted higher than many teams #1 so it can definately leave a mark Billy.

An injury that may have a little impact to the fantasy ranks is to Nicks in NY who was receiving alot of targets. With him out (they got lucky possibly as it is reported to be a sprain) Eli will have pretty much Hixon and Smith to goto in the oming weeks.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Gordon Gekko II

Long Year Awards

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
Although Gonzo2 is the #2, being the prolific offense he is a part of we all know he gets drafted higher than many teams #1 so it can definately leave a mark Billy.
ya, i'm not sure what billy is thinking there. i'm guessing he doesn't have him on any teams