Long Year Awards

pizzatyme

Long Year Awards

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:00 pm

So, when reading this, I get the impression that when you win it is skill. But when you lose or injuries happen, then that is just bad luck?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

D-Day Heroes

Long Year Awards

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
So, when reading this, I get the impression that when you win it is skill. But when you lose or injuries happen, then that is just bad luck? Russ , Thats been the moto since i've been with this league, didn't you get the memo :D
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gordon Gekko II

Long Year Awards

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:52 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
So, when reading this, I get the impression that when you win it is skill. But when you lose or injuries happen, then that is just bad luck? nope, back when we won the big money, it was mostly luck there too. just the case of good luck (steve smith broken leg)

pizzatyme

Long Year Awards

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:
So, when reading this, I get the impression that when you win it is skill. But when you lose or injuries happen, then that is just bad luck? nope, back when we won the big money, it was mostly luck there too. just the case of good luck (steve smith broken leg) [/QUOTE]Fair enough. I just know there are lots of people that beat the drum about skill when they win and never bring luck into the discussion. Good to see you call a spade a spade.

With that said, I'm sure with your skill, you'll find a way to grind out a more than competitive team. ;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Diesel

Long Year Awards

Post by Diesel » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:44 pm

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
There were MANY people who lost Brady for the ENTIRE season at a MUCH more important position, and went on to remain competitive or win their leagues.

Work the wire, get creative, and most importantly......

Keep the faith!!! :D i'd be curious as to who those owners were that won their leagues last year after losing brady (being competitive is the same as coming in last) and ON AVERAGE how many points they scored on the season. 14 team live classic event.
[/QUOTE]1-Sorry about losing A. Gonzalez. I think there will be a few gems in your FA pool that will fill in well for him. Not point for point, but you never know.

2-I went to the Superbowl and lost to DA BEARS last year, with my Auction Mag team. I had Brady and NO other QB to think of...I bought Cassell, and nearly every free agent pickup I made panned out for me. So it's possible to lose somebody THAT important to your team and still come out of it with a solid team by season's end. Keep with it.

Good luck!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Surgically Enhanced TD's

Long Year Awards

Post by Surgically Enhanced TD's » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:19 am

I don't doubt luck plays a part. Good fantasy players are generally ranked well time and time again...due to skill. Same with something like...Texas Hold Em'. I agree if a significant player goes down that a good owner can make up for a lot of it...but not all of it.

Best of LUCK!

mikeybok

Long Year Awards

Post by mikeybok » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:38 am

i'd be curious as to who those owners were that won their leagues last year after losing brady (being competitive is the same as coming in last) and ON AVERAGE how many points they scored on the season. 14 team live classic event. We had Brady on ONE team last year, the 12 team live prime time DC $650. We took first by 82+ points. Still averaged over 5 points a game higher than second place without him.

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Long Year Awards

Post by mikeybok » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:40 am

Originally posted by Surgically Enhanced TD's:
I don't doubt luck plays a part. Good fantasy players are generally ranked well time and time again...due to skill. Same with something like...Texas Hold Em'. I agree if a significant player goes down that a good owner can make up for a lot of it...but not all of it.

Best of LUCK! Agree!!!!!!
Hakuna Matata!

botherk

Long Year Awards

Post by botherk » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:31 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
2-I went to the Superbowl and lost to DA BEARS last year, with my Auction Mag team. I had Brady and NO other QB to think of...I bought Cassell, and nearly every free agent pickup I made panned out for me. So it's possible to lose somebody THAT important to your team and still come out of it with a solid team by season's end. Keep with it.

Good luck! Odds.
Sort of like the devastating tornado that hits a small town and your house was the only one standing. :D
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Dirty Deeds

Long Year Awards

Post by Dirty Deeds » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:26 pm

I lost Brady last year (My Number one pick from the 9 hole) and still went on to lead my league in total points scored by working the waiver and cashed in...then pooped out in the playoffs...lol

Billy Waz is Wise..keep the faith Gekko work hard and play hard.

Sincerely Dirty,
Deeds