Larry Schechter Is Week 4 Primetime Winner

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:36 am

Congratulations to Larry Schechter whose Air Lar team in New York League 5 led the way in the Primetime event last week with 218 points.

The San Francisco defense had a gigantic week with 41 points and led the way for Larry's team. Steve Smith (36.4), Antonio Gates (33.4) and Aaron Rodgers (30.8) also had big weeks.

For finishing first last week, Larry wins a Marion Barber Autographed Dallas Cowboys Mini Helmet from Buzzserports.com. Buzzserports is shaking up the Sports Memorabilia Market one item at a time. Find the guaranteed best deals on Sports Memorabilia items at Buzzersports.com.

Congratulations again to Larry and good luck to everyone in the Primetime event this week.

[ October 06, 2009, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:38 am

Well done Larry...

He SMOKED my team, and I scored 150.35! :eek:

How many times will that happen a season? LOL

3'

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:39 am

Very impressive week, congrats!
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

flex

Post by flex » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:00 am

first overall in primetime and classic.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:12 am

Great start Larry! Congrats.

I see that some of your top Primetime players are the same as our Classic: Smith, PHI, Rodgers. I'll bet we'd find these guys on a LOT of top scoring NFFC teams right now (I notice you have Smith and PHI in both main events, nice!).

With Rodgers, Driver, Gates on bye this week in your Primetime, maybe you'll let some of us catch up a bit?

Very impressive start.

Sack

Post by Sack » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:40 am

Larry:

Nice job! I guess it is easy to call you the ROTO "complete player" as your knowledge travels from both Baseball & Football.

I'm sure your son had some input, Best of luck the rest of the way.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:15 am

Larry Schechter has long been one of the top players in the NFFC. But the 2007 NFFC Ultimate champ is currently enjoying the type of season fantasy owners typically can only hope to dream about.

With one quarter of the season in the books, Schechter has taken control of not one, but both of our NFFC main events. Schechter is currently in first place in both the NFFC Classic and the NFFC Primetime and in Week 4, his Air Lar team in New York League 5 topped the entire Primetime field with 218 points.

The San Francisco defense had a gigantic week with 41 points and led the way for Larry's team. Steve Smith (36.4), Antonio Gates (33.4) and Aaron Rodgers (30.8) also had big weeks.

The 218 points were the most scored by any Primetime team so far this season.

“It’s surprising that I could get 218 points with my No. 1 pick, Chris Johnson, only scoring 11.9 and my No. 2 pick, Anquan Boldin, on a bye week,” Schechter said.

A little free-agent good fortune didn’t hurt.

“My Philadelphia defense was on a bye week, and I bid on Cincinnati and then on San Francisco,” he said. “Getting outbid on Cincinnati and ending up with San Francisco instead was a key, as they scored three TDs and got a shutout for 41 points. That turned what still would have been an awesome week, even if I’d had Cincinnati, into an unbelievable 218-point week.

“Steve Smith continued his amazing production with 36.4 points. Antonio Gates (33.4) and Aaron Rodgers (30.8) came up big as well. I’m very happy that my team is doing so well, but I wish I could save some of these big games for the playoffs.”

Schechter had the fourth pick in his 12-team Primetime draft and was hoping Maurice Jones-Drew or Matt Forte would drop to him in the first round. That didn’t happen so he took Johnson, the talented Tennessee Titans running back, with his first pick.

One decision for Schechter came in the third round where he found himself confronted with a decision he wasn’t intending to make.

“I hadn’t planned on taking a top quarterback, but when Aaron Rodgers was still available at the end of Round 3, I took him instead of Dwayne Bowe,” he said. “Looking at the draft board at that point, and the ADP reports, I felt that I’d get less of a drop off waiting on a wide receiver than a quarterback.

“I had targeted Pierre Thomas for the 3rd round, but he had slipped to the 4th round in many of the main event drafts earlier in the day, so I waited untill the 4th round for him. The team right before me took him, and I got Clinton Portis instead. For the first two weeks, I was glad I didn’t get Thomas, but right now, it’s not looking good anymore.

“And in reviewing my draft lists, I suddenly feel sick. My team is doing great, but until just now I’d forgotten that I selected Derrick Ward instead of Cedric Benson. Maybe things will change, but for now, that’s a big blunder.”

Whether that decision comes back to haunt Schechter remains to be seen. For now, he’s positioned himself to not only win both live events and the prizes that come with them ($100,000 for the Classic and $40,000 for the Primetime), but by leading both events he’s making a run at rarified air - he’s in a position to win an additional $75,000 if he were to claim the national championships in both events.

Is that impossible? Well, Lindy Hinkelman just topped off an amazing baseball season winning both the National Fantasy Baseball Championship and the NFBC’s Online Championship. By winning both national titles, Hinkelman cashed an additional $75,000 on top of the $140,000 he won for the two championships.

So maybe winning a pair of national fantasy football events in one year isn’t a pipe dream. After four weeks of the NFFC season, no one has a better chance to accomplish that amazing feat than Larry Schechter.

Schechter lives in Rexford, NY with his wife Joanee and their two children. He runs a financial consulting firm and his 11-year-old son Jared’s assistant on his NFFC satellite league team.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:22 pm

Nice Job Air Lar. This week must have been rough for you with all the guys on bye. Did any of your bench come through?

-Roll
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/