Idea's to improve the NFFC experience - for little expense.

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:00 am

I agree with all the posts above on most levels. Eveveryone posting here is a hardcore fantasy player. I would drop all 12 team leagues for a 14 team league in a heartbeat. But for the NFFC as a business the 12 online was the way to go to start with. IMO a lot of fantasy players are not as comfortable with a 14 league. Sad for us, a couple of new guys at the table always helps, lol. I mention my 14 team league to people and their response is almost always a WOW, 14 is crazy. We all know they would love it, even after not taking a WR till the 4th round and seeing 24 already off the board. Learned that about 4 yrs back.
If the online goes over 600 this year a 14 team online will come sooner than later. I really feel we will all be drafting online next year anyway with the labor issue .I am looking at this more from the NFFC business perspective I suppose.
Anyway, getting a little long here but maybe what I was thinking but did not say before about the money being tight is if there was a 14 team online I might skip the Classic. So dont give me that option just yet and I will see you at the track.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:00 am

Not frustrating, I just fear the 14 team league will become extinct and force me to retire from FF sooner than I had planned.

I thought the best hope to make it grow would be to introduce it's little brother at a lower price point, suck the new players in and then have the Classic grow as the players became more familiar/comfortable.

Again, all of my posts are purely selfish as I have grown to dislike anything but 14 team leagues. I know this group does not represent your average players, we are quite sick little puppies.

Your online Championship is a fine challenge and I know I will be taking a team or two or three, but OH how I wish it was 14 teams. I hadn't thought about it for quite some time and thought I was "over" this until I saw this thread and then bam...pissed off again.

Now back to the thread......
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:05 am

Improve the draft day experience:

For Buffalo, how about having the Buffalo Jills as facilitators?

Buffalo Jills Cheerleaders

That might spur some growth in the new city. :D
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:05 am

Originally posted by Renman:
I want to see some ideas of things that can be addressed or changed to improve the NFFC DRAFT DAY EXPERIENCE.

Any thoughts? What about this, that I suggested on p. 1 of this thread last month?

How about the seats at the draft table, in which team #1 - which is on the left side of the draft board - sits on the RIGHT side of the table (and vice-versa)? I don't know about others, but I'd prefer to have a better view of OUR (powerhouse! :D ) team.

RoadKing

Post by RoadKing » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Looks like a bigger interest in the 14 team main event vs. the 12 main event. Can you say 14 team online championship ($350).

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:51 pm

I agree with the 14-team online championship. And for the record, I didn't even know we had an online championship last year as anything with 12 teams was automatically eliminated from the mainframe. Like Billy, when I do commit and it is a "when" and not an "if", I will be doing one online championship instead of the 3 I would have done with a 14-team championship.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Well, it seems as if MANY here would jump in for a 3 pack if it were 14 teams.

Since there are only 22 signups to date for the 12 team online, maybe we could switch to a 14 team online championship??? :D

I'm betting the people who signed up would have no problem with it, and look at all the IMMEDIATE extra signups!!!

Something to think about.... ;)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:40 pm

I'll say this - I admire the tenacity of those who want us to radically change a successful event and transform it into something completely different.

Seriously, this is good discussion. I think Greg and I have outlined the reasons why we went with the 12-team format and why it worked so well last year and remains in place for this year. We'll see what the future holds. This is going to be a very interesting fantasy football year in a lot of ways for a lot of people.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:46 pm

You would be changing it back to what the NFFC has been and stood for for the last 6 years, Tom. Don't know where you've been, podnah. Bang your head this weekend and are feeling a little amnesia? :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ