Post Your Primetime Teams

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:56 am

A thread was started over in the Classic forum for this, but let's see if we can keep THIS forum alive?

Here's our team from 10:

QB - Cutler, Stafford
WR - Austin, Nicks, Holmes, Robinson, Roy Williams, Gage
RB - Turner, Mendenhall, Slaton, Buckhalter, Dwyer, BJackson, MMoore
TE - Witten, Celek
DST - GB, HOU
K - Kaeding

This was one of our oddest drafts ever.

- As you may recall, we're usually not big on taking RBs in the first 3 rounds after the top 4 or 5 are gone. But being a 12-team format, we felt that we could make up our WRs later and couldn't pass the value. The last WR we would've wanted on the way back in round 2 was Marshall, who went one pick before us. So we took Turner.

- We were targeting a top tier QB for round 3, but Brady went one pick before us and the rest were all gone in round 2. Rather than starting the next tier of WRs, we couldn't pass on the value of Mendenhall falling to 3.4.

- I have to credit my 16YO son/co-manager with these next two ideas - which I really like the point-scoring potential of: (1) Having taken Witten at 5.3, we took another TE (Celek) at 7.3, intending to flex a potential 200+ point TE over a 150-170 point WR or RB, like we usually end up w/ for flex. (2) Holmes projection for the year is only 165 and many rightfully shy away due to his 4-game suspension. But if we can fill in for 4 weeks w/ Robinson (whom we have projected for ~170), then that's 1/4 Robo + 3/4 Holmes = another 200+ point WR. That would put this WR3 combo duo about on par w/ WRs like Maclin, SMoss, Knox, etc..

- We'll struggle a bit in week 4 when Austin, Roy Williams and Witten are all on bye, and Holmes is still suspended. We'll have to roll at WR w/ Nicks, Robo and Gage, then flex a RB like Slaton or Buckhalter. It's only one week though.

Like many right after a draft, we LOVE this team. We'll see soon if that love is justified.

Good luck to all this year.

[ September 05, 2010, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

jdobies64

Post by jdobies64 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:46 am

Another from the 10 spot:

QB Rodgers, Hasselback

RB Harrison, Bradshaw, R. Bush, Huggins, Buckhalter, A. Dixon, M. Bell, K. Williams

WR Austin, DeSean Jackson, Driver, M. Williams (TB), Cotchery, Decker

TE Cooley, Boss

D Saints

K Akers

Decided to change gears this year with so many RBC's. Amazed when the pick before me Ryan Grant (yes Ryan Grant) was selected, 9th OVERALL! Never expected Rodgers to fall in my lap at 10 and was able to back him up with Miles Austin and DeSean Jackson.

Running backs might be light but Bradshaw and Harrison could certainly run with the #1 job. Figured with 5 solid receivers I could fill in with solid number 2 backs who will provide some value in the case of injury to the lead backs.

I like my team alot but who doesnt after the draft. I will probably go as far as Harrison and Bradshaw can take me.

particra

Post by particra » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:01 am

From the 5 spot in LV:

QB: Brett Favre, Matt Ryan, Kyle Orton

RB: M. Jones-Drew, Steven Jackson, Arian Foster, P. Hillis, F. Taylor, T. Gerhart

WR: Steve Smith (NYG), Hines Ward, Santana Moss, Jabar Gafney, Sidney Rice, Lance Moore, D. Amendola

TE: H. Miller, M. Hoonionnamamaaoawaoaawoawaawi

D: Jets

Love Foster as the flex. I like the team.

craxis

Post by craxis » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:51 am

Lineup with the 3rd pick:

QB: Jay Cutler, Chad Henne, Jason Campbell

RB: MJD, DeAngelo Williams, Jamaal Charles, Ricky Williams, Jason Snelling

WR: Hines Ward, Santana Moss, Derrick Mason, Nate Burleson, Louis Murphy, Davone Bess, Jason Avant, Josh Cribbs

TE: Antonio Gates, Jermaine Gresham

K: Lawrence Tynes

TDSP: NY Giants

Reasonably happy with the team, my WR's are not exciting, but hopefully they will at least be consistently productive. And here is hoping Jay Cutler puts it all together in Martz's system, soon.

- Ken

[ September 05, 2010, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Hawaii Warriors ]

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:29 am

Picking 9

I was thinking Calvin Johnson at 9 as i took Miles Austin at 10 in the classic and didnt want the same top pick twice but MJD slid to the 9th pick and Calvin made it back s my 2nd pick.

1 MJD Bang !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 Calvin
3 Charles
4 P Thomas
5 Nicks
6 M Wallace
7 M Williams [TB]
8 Eli
9 Hightower
10 V Jackson
11 H Miller
12 V Young
13 Hillis
14 Gronkowski
15 Amendola
16 H Douglas
17 Shipley
18 Cincy
19 Folk
20 Benn
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

particra

Post by particra » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:20 am

Obviously you were drafting with some of the dumbest people in America. Congrats.

Sebadiah23

Post by Sebadiah23 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:12 am

Funny. Yeah nice draft Eddie, MJD or not. The Fantasy Freakin Football podcast duet did a two-person mock a couple days ago and didn't take MJD until like pick 11 I think, so maybe that was on people's minds or just the safety aspect of the first round. Doesn't mean the 4-8 are dumb, just careful.

-Craig K.
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:15 am

Originally posted by Sebadiah23:
Funny. Yeah nice draft Eddie, MJD or not. The Fantasy Freakin Football podcast duet did a two-person mock a couple days ago and didn't take MJD until like pick 11 I think, so maybe that was on people's minds or just the safety aspect of the first round. Doesn't mean the 4-8 are dumb, just careful.

-Craig K. Have to say i was suprised when team 8 passed and he was really there.I realize there is some risk but the upside could be a top 3 player.We will see running backs get hurt more than any other position and last year i started out with Turner and Slaton who both went down.I was planning on reciever but the plan changed.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:30 am

Nice Team Eddie
I had pick 5 and was hoping MJD would go before me because I probably would have passed on him.He went at 3 so I got Andre at 5 which is what I wanted.12 teamers are so different there are legit free agents each week.
QB Kolb/Young
RB A Foster Wells Jacobs F Jackson B Jackson
WR Andre Jennings Sims-Walker Massaquoa L Moore D Branch J Morgan P Crayton
TE Gates/Winslow
Def SF/Miami
K Crosby
Good Luck this year
Marty was not going to risk losing Foster though Slaton is suppose to play Toe will be ruine on his first reception

SS

Post by SS » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:23 pm

JDobies, your team is stellar. What city did you draft in?

Your running backs have to step up but you should be competitive. Also, I like Sandman's draft, except for Cutler. I am a Bears fan and only drafted one Bear in the Vegas drafts and that was Gould. Not expecting much this year on the Bears front.

I will post my full team later when I have time to type it all in, but my first 5 Primetime Picks in Vegas at the 5 spot were: Gore, Mendenhall, A. Boldin, K. Moreno, and Flacco. Shiancoe is my TE and Philadephia is my Def...

Good luck all!
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place