Live DC Draft: Friday, June 1st, 8 pm ET Is SOLD OUT

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Live DC Draft: Friday, June 1st, 8 pm ET Is SOLD OUT

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:50 am

76erfan wrote:Looking forward to playing against some of my NY baseball auctions buddies.
Hey, great, great job everyone coming together and forming this first "bowling night" DC. We'll offer these each Friday night and still try for Sunday nights, too. So plan accordingly. But make sure you get the refrigerator stocked with beer for this and the 5th frame is Beer Frame. The worst pick in the 5th round buys a round!! :mrgreen: Good luck all and I'll watch the Smack Talk in the forum and the good picks as well. Have fun.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:18 am

I will admit..I wasnt very prepared last night for my first draft of the season..but i think team is "ok"

QB Rivers, Alex Smith, Colt Mc Coy, J.Johnson, Whitehurst
RB Forte,Lynch,M.Bush,Blount,Benson, Bryce Brown, Lamichael James
TE Gronkowski, Winslow, Ballard
WR Desean, Blackmon, Santonio Holmes,Sidney Rice, Avant, Bess, Burelson, Branch, Plaxico, Josh Morgan
D Jets, Raiders
K Folk, Rackers, Longwell

I dont even know if any of my kickers have jobs currently.......

Feedback appreciated:)

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:03 am

76erfan wrote:I will admit..I wasnt very prepared last night for my first draft of the season..but i think team is "ok"

WR Desean, Blackmon, Santonio Holmes,Sidney Rice, Avant, Bess, Burelson, Branch, Plaxico, Josh Morgan
D Jets, Raiders

For the most part it was a pretty good job Andy. I thought that you might have been a bit behind on the news as you made some picks way earlier than you might have. Right now you probably only have one kicker but that could change. Winslow could probably be had 10+ rounds later. Plaxico 8-10 rounds later. Blackmon a round or two later. Ballard isn't normally drafted - very late at best.

The core of the team is good but I think your depth could be a bit of a problem here.

Wayne

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:13 am

76erfan wrote:I will admit..I wasnt very prepared last night for my first draft of the season..but i think team is "ok"

D Jets, Raiders

this is one of the worst teams i have seen. (you will probably win the league.)

SS

Post by SS » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:42 pm

You know I love the Forte and Bush combo. That's a good move as you won't be losing TDs if one guy gets hot one week and the other guy the next week and so on. For this type of league you really have to be prepared as I learned. You have to study the starters, their backups, the third stringers and who would replace them if they can't go.

I also think having two kickers in the DC format helps more as you won't lose pointson a bye week...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

OrCal Crapshooters

Post by OrCal Crapshooters » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Did anyone else have draft room issues? My Que wouldn't clear unless I hit refresh. This started around pick 8. The draft board wouldn't pop up right away after clicking. Maybe they were system problems on my end.It was good to get the first draft out of the way. I too did zero research going into this.It shows on a few picks.If my Patriot running backs work out, it should be OK.

Mark

Rog

Post by Rog » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:34 pm

after putting a few players in my queue and letting them sit for a few minutes I would click on them and it would tell me player doesnt exist.I had to refresh also.After looking at my team though I am still trying to get 1 of those players that dont exist into my lineup.Talk about being unprepared,that was a costly little mock draft.

frankythewrench

Post by frankythewrench » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:13 pm

i had problems also with my que around rd.8or9..also had trouble going from draft board to draft room that locked my computer up...never happened last year..had to call tom to change my pick...all an all a good draft though....i should at least finish in 12th or 13th place i hope! :lol: