Early Season NFFC Draft Results

Sandman62

Re: Early Season NFFC Draft Results

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:57 am

DonnyG. wrote:
Sandman62 wrote:Not necessarily. But maybe a top-7 or 8 who CAN be a top-5? :)
Will it be Philip Rivers or Matt Ryan then? ;)
Targeted both at end of round 5 in last night's DC, knowing we'd be lucky if even Rivers made it back to us at 1. When he went one pick before us :evil:, we took Big Ben. In our projections at least, we only have Romo/Rivers 26 points or so ahead of Ben. AAMOF, we have the #6-14 QBs all bunched up with only 30 points between them. Heck, even Newton at 5, we only have another 8 points above Romo. Moral of the story? If you're not taking a QB in round 1, wait wait wait and load up elsewhere. :geek:

We're pretty happy with the core of this team though. Maybe Greg will post some of the draft results this weekend.
From the 1-spot:
QB: Roethlisberger, Dalton
RB: Foster, Hillis, MBush, Tolbert
WR: AJohnson, Austin, DThomas, LRobinson
TE: Gresham, Bennett, Fasano, Carlson
Last edited by Sandman62 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:09 am

Sandman62 wrote:
DonnyG. wrote:
Sandman62 wrote:Not necessarily. But maybe a top-7 or 8 who CAN be a top-5? :)
Will it be Philip Rivers or Matt Ryan then? ;)
Targeted both at end of round 5 in last night's DC, knowing we'd be lucky if even Rivers made it back to us at 1. When he went one pick before us :evil:, we took Big Ben. In our projections at least, we only have Romo/Rivers 26 points or so ahead of Ben.

We're pretty happy with the core of this team though. Maybe Greg will post some of the draft results this weekend.
From the 1-spot:
QB: Roethlisberger, Dalton
RB: Foster, Hillis, MBush
WR: AJohnson, Austin, DThomas, LRobinson
TE: Gresham, Bennett, Fasano, Carlson
Pretty solid starting bunch, Mike. I think Hillis gets enough touches each week to post some RB2 numbers, although I like him more as a RB3/flex type player. I'm drafting in a DC right now and also landed Gresham and Bennett. I really expect big things from Gresham this year. I think there's a lot of talent there. Good luck with the team.
Go Big Red!

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:17 am

Thanks. We were pretty surprised that Andre made it back to 2.14, a full 10 picks after his current ADP. We were targeting Colston/Austin at the 3/4 turn. But when Colston went one pick in front of us :evil:, we took a chance on Thomas over Bowe or Maclin, aiming for upside. Honestly, we were happy with any of them as our WR3. :)

Like most 14-team drafts though, each team seems to come away with a hole somewhere. I've always not minded that hole being at RB2 because of the volatility of RBs and chances of hitting on a mid-round one (i.e. in our Classic last year, we had Lynch; 2 years ago Hillis and BJGE).

I'm still amazed at the value at WR this year after round 1. To land the 3 WRs we did AFTER already drafting Foster... well, we're pretty satisfied. :)

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:29 am

Sandman62 wrote:Thanks. We were pretty surprised that Andre made it back to 2.14, a full 10 picks after his current ADP. We were targeting Colston/Austin at the 3/4 turn. But when Colston went one pick in front of us :evil:, we took a chance on Thomas over Bowe or Maclin, aiming for upside. Honestly, we were happy with any of them as our WR3. :)

Like most 14-team drafts though, each team seems to come away with a hole somewhere. I've always not minded that hole being at RB2 because of the volatility of RBs and chances of hitting on a mid-round one (i.e. in our Classic last year, we had Lynch; 2 years ago Hillis and BJGE).

I'm still amazed at the value at WR this year after round 1. To land the 3 WRs we did AFTER already drafting Foster... well, we're pretty satisfied. :)
Yeah, WR is crazy deep this year. I did the Red vs. Blue DC drafting from the three hole. I was able to land McCoy and then get Nelson, Austin, and Britt. I also got Lance Moore, who I love this year. I couldn't agree more with every team coming away with a hole. Unfortunately, mine is at QB in this league. I got shut out one pick from me on both Big Ben and then Schaub, leaving me with Freeman and Bradford. Although I think Freeman has a bounce back year, I would rather him have been my QB2. I guess anything can happen in this game so we will see what happens.
Go Big Red!

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Nothing like a football player trying NOT to get hurt while he's playing. It makes perfect sense right? :P

Michael Vick promises to make a "conscious...cognitive" effort to better protect himself from injury this season.
"(My) motto has been this for the last six months, and I repeatedly said to myself: ‘Get the next yard on the next play,'" Vick said. "So I just want to give myself ample opportunity. Praying to God that I can play sixteen games. I know that’s the key to the season." It's hard to teach an old quarterback new tricks, but Vick certainly sounds committed to reining in some of his more reckless tendencies. Vick has appeared in all 16 games just once in nine seasons, though he did appear in at least 15 games four times between 2002 and 2006.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:56 pm

That is a solid team Mike. And I couldn't believe your start. AJ at the turn is unreal.

Here's what I put together from 6.

QB:

Brady/Hoyoer
Cassel/Quinn

RB:

Forte
Redman
Felix
Hunter
McClain
Ringer
Casey

WR:

Nicks
Brown
Stevie
Garcon
Randy Moss
Rueben
Preston Parker
Donald Jones
Hester

TE

Cook
Olsen
Clark
Allen

PK:

Brant/Barth/Brown

DEF

BUF/TEN/CAR

I was happy with this team. Much more so than the terrible team I've put together in the slow draft so far! All it takes is for a couple of guys you like to fall back to you and it can make for a team you like.

Wayne

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Strong efforts by both Wayne & Mike....unsurprisingly.

This is the team that I put together from the 12-spot.

QB -
RGIII
Sam Bradford
Brandon Weeden
Russell Wilson

RB -
Chris Johnson
DeMarco Murray
Beanie Wells
Tim Hightower
Joe McKnight
Ronnie Brown
Bryce Brown

WR -
Victor Cruz
Kenny Britt
Vincent Jackson
Lance Moore
Golden Tate
Nick Toon
Ryan Broyles
Greg Childs
Danny Coale
TJ Graham

TE -
Jacob Tamme
Coby Fleener
Evan Moore
Zach Miller

D -
Ravens
Packers
Rams

K -
Dan Bailey
Rob Bironas

Pushed QB a bit and felt very lucky to have RGIII fall to me in the 7th. Still, I'll probably need him to be Cam Newton Jr for this team to reach the goals I have for it. However if he produces decently this year, I do like this team.

Again, fun draft last night everyone. Good luck the rest of the year and the rest of your drafts.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:28 pm

• I can't believe you almost landed MJD to go with CJ2K?! Glad you didn't. :P But Murray is very solid there too.
  • I'm not high on Cruz, as I think his luck ran out last year with deflected bomb and wide-open uncovered TDs.
  • Britt has upside, but small sampling size.
  • VJax was a nice DC option in SD, but will he be in TB? I don't think he ever catches 70 passes, nor do I think he continues scoring 7-9 TDs in Tampa's run-first offense.
  • Beanie should be a good flex option, as well as insurance for your starting RBs.
  • I like Lance Moore at WR4, but you're definitely a little thin at WR after him.
  • If RGIII isn't Cam2, you may be in trouble in the NFFC's QB-prioritized scoring system.
  • You'll need a TE to breakout, which is definitely possible with the two you got cheaply.
Overall, a solid team Glenn. Good luck with it and all your teams this year. See you in NY! :)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Here is one more set of results from our 14-team formats. Tomorrow we'll show our first 12-team results from the early rounds, so be ready for this. Enjoy.

NFFC Draft Champions League
Round 1:

1 1 Arian Foster RB
1 2 LeSean McCoy RB
1 3 Ray Rice RB
1 4 Aaron Rodgers QB
1 5 Calvin Johnson WR
1 6 Tom Brady QB
1 7 Drew Brees QB
1 8 Matthew Stafford QB
1 9 Ryan Mathews RB
1 10 Chris Johnson RB
1 11 Maurice Jones-Drew RB
1 12 Trent Richardson RB
1 13 Darren McFadden RB
1 14 Wes Welker WR

Round 2:
2 1 Matt Forte RB
2 2 Cam Newton QB
2 3 Jimmy Graham TE
2 4 Rob Gronkowski TE
2 5 Larry Fitzgerald WR
2 6 Victor Cruz WR
2 7 Andre Johnson WR
2 8 Darren Sproles RB
2 9 Marshawn Lynch RB
2 10 DeMarco Murray RB
2 11 Roddy White WR
2 12 Brandon Marshall WR
2 13 Jamaal Charles RB
2 14 Jordy Nelson WR

Round 3:
3 1 Steve Smith WR
3 2 Julio Jones WR
3 3 Michael Vick QB
3 4 Adrian Peterson RB
3 5 Dez Bryant WR
3 6 Percy Harvin WR
3 7 Steven Jackson RB
3 8 Marques Colston WR
3 9 A.J. Green WR
3 10 Greg Jennings WR
3 11 Hakeem Nicks WR
3 12 Miles Austin WR
3 13 Mike Wallace WR
3 14 Eli Manning QB

Round 4:
4 1 Jeremy Maclin WR
4 2 Kenny Britt WR
4 3 Ahmad Bradshaw RB
4 4 Fred Jackson RB
4 5 Vincent Jackson WR
4 6 Dwayne Bowe WR
4 7 Doug Martin RB
4 8 Demaryius Thomas WR
4 9 Frank Gore RB
4 10 Michael Turner RB
4 11 Brandon Lloyd WR
4 12 Stevie Johnson WR
4 13 Antonio Brown WR
4 14 Jason Witten TE

Round 5:
5 1 Peyton Manning QB
5 2 Reggie Bush RB
5 3 Eric Decker WR
5 4 DeSean Jackson WR
5 5 Tony Romo QB
5 6 Matt Ryan QB
5 7 Shonn Greene RB
5 8 Antonio Gates TE
5 9 Roy Helu RB
5 10 Philip Rivers QB
5 11 Aaron Hernandez TE
5 12 Jay Cutler QB
5 13 Jermichael Finley TE
5 14 Jacob Tamme TE

Round 6:
6 1 Jonathan Stewart RB
6 2 Robert Griffin III QB
6 3 Vernon Davis TE
6 4 C.J. Spiller RB
6 5 Jahvid Best RB
6 6 Donald Brown RB
6 7 Peyton Hillis RB
6 8 Fred Davis TE
6 9 Ben Roethlisberger QB
6 10 Brandon Pettigrew TE
6 11 Torrey Smith WR
6 12 James Starks RB
6 13 Jermaine Gresham TE
6 14 Willis McGahee RB

Thoughts?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:28 pm

I'd just like to point out that out of the 15 draft champions leagues done so far, i've gotten Doug Martin the latest in the draft. (# 79)