Kenny Britt Arrested For DUI

Erok

Re: Kenny Britt Arrested For DUI

Post by Erok » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:01 am

DonnyG. wrote:This is going to probably sound crazy and won't sit well with the majority but all they have to do is legalize marijuana and many of these dui's will just disappear. End of problem. Just like that. Poof! And unlike alcohol it's SO SO much safer to drive while stoned too so please don't start a debate about safety and people's lives here. Many other countries that are far less developed than ours are already on board with this and just like education, health care and gun control (see today's top news) we are trailing behind further every day :cry:

That's more of a political statement than fantasy football related but still. As far as britt being a complete butt head and waste of talent i echo all of the sentiments expressed here.
The Colorado incident was a terrible terrible tragedy.

However, Gun control would not have prevented the Colorado incident. This kid was not a licensed gun owner, nor did he have a permit to my knowledge to carry these guns yet he still got them.

This Britt case is a perfect example of this. Drinking and driving and drugs are illegal yet he still did it. He has a shady/ borderline criminal background. He isnt gonna follow laws or rules.

I am not a pro gun person nor am I an NRA member. However, everyone should have the right to carry a firearm! If laws ever get passed to revoke peoples firearms, the only people affected by that will be law abiding citizens...people who are armed to protect their house or family, hunters, sportsmen, etc.......

Criminals are criminals. Do you think they would follow a gun ban? Of course not. This country would not be a real fun place to live in when the criminals and law enforcers are the only ones with guns! Now, criminals have to think twice before doing a home invasion not knowing if the home owner is armed or not. What do you think would happen if all criminals knew no home owners were armed?

I know the UN and US are holding a conference as we speak to try and pass gun ban legislation. The timing of this shooting is very ironic in that sense.

While I respect your point of view about trying to eliminate violence/guns, it goes a lot deeper than that. In a perfect world, sure, no one would need guns if everyone was happy,loving, caring, etc.....We dont live in that world nor will we ever. That's why people should be allowed to protect themselves. The founders of this country knew what they were doing when they included that into their legislation.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Erok wrote:
DonnyG. wrote:This is going to probably sound crazy and won't sit well with the majority but all they have to do is legalize marijuana and many of these dui's will just disappear. End of problem. Just like that. Poof! And unlike alcohol it's SO SO much safer to drive while stoned too so please don't start a debate about safety and people's lives here. Many other countries that are far less developed than ours are already on board with this and just like education, health care and gun control (see today's top news) we are trailing behind further every day :cry:

That's more of a political statement than fantasy football related but still. As far as britt being a complete butt head and waste of talent i echo all of the sentiments expressed here.
The Colorado incident was a terrible terrible tragedy.

However, Gun control would not have prevented the Colorado incident. This kid was not a licensed gun owner, nor did he have a permit to my knowledge to carry these guns yet he still got them.

This Britt case is a perfect example of this. Drinking and driving and drugs are illegal yet he still did it. He has a shady/ borderline criminal background. He isnt gonna follow laws or rules.

I am not a pro gun person nor am I an NRA member. However, everyone should have the right to carry a firearm! If laws ever get passed to revoke peoples firearms, the only people affected by that will be law abiding citizens...people who are armed to protect their house or family, hunters, sportsmen, etc.......

Criminals are criminals. Do you think they would follow a gun ban? Of course not. This country would not be a real fun place to live in when the criminals and law enforcers are the only ones with guns! Now, criminals have to think twice before doing a home invasion not knowing if the home owner is armed or not. What do you think would happen if all criminals knew no home owners were armed?

I know the UN and US are holding a conference as we speak to try and pass gun ban legislation. The timing of this shooting is very ironic in that sense.

While I respect your point of view about trying to eliminate violence/guns, it goes a lot deeper than that. In a perfect world, sure, no one would need guns if everyone was happy,loving, caring, etc.....We dont live in that world nor will we ever. That's why people should be allowed to protect themselves. The founders of this country knew what they were doing when they included that into their legislation.
no problem with guns but there is no need for joe public to own automatic or semi automatic weapons. I would ban those.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:56 pm

Erok wrote: However, Gun control would not have prevented the Colorado incident. This kid was not a licensed gun owner, nor did he have a permit to my knowledge to carry these guns yet he still got them.
Wrong. He bought all four guns (two handguns, a shot gun, and a semi-automatic rifle) legally starting in May. Basically, unless you have a criminal record, you can buy all the guns you want.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:37 pm

2012 ARRESTS

#1 J.T. Thomas - LB - CHI - misdemeanor drug charge - marijuana
#2 Rey Maualuga - LB - CIN - misdemeanor assualt - bar fight
#3 Nate Collins - DT - JAX - mariujuana possession - getting pulled over b/c window were too tinted
#4 Leroy Hill - LB - SEA - marijuana possession in his apartment
#5 Jarriel King - OT - SEA - sexual assault
#6 Samson Satele - OL - IND - disorderly conduct
#7 Koa Misi - LB - MIA - battery with serious bodily injury
#8 Mikel Leshoure - RB - DET - marijuana possession
#9 Nick Fairly - DT - DET - marijuana possession
#10 Brandon Meriweather - S - WAS - DUI
#11 Caleb King - RB - MIN - arrested for suspicion of 3rd degree assault
#12 Nick Fairly - DT - DET - DUI and eluding arrest
#13 Darius Heward-Bey - WR - OAK - DUI
#14 Jerome Felton - FB - MIN - DWI and refusing to submit a chemical test
#15 Justin Blackmon - WR - JAC - DUI
#16 David Diehl - OL - NYG - DUI
#17 Aaron Berry - CB - DET - DUI
#18 Adrian Peterson - RB - MIN - resisting arrest
#19 Dion Lewis - RB - PHI - charged with falsely reporting a fire, a felony, and misdemeanor reckless endangerment.
#20 Dez Bryant - WR - DAL - domestic violence charge
#21 Elvis Dumervil - DE - DEN - felony assault - aggravated assault with a firearm
#22 Marshawn Lynch - RB - SEA - DUI
#23 Robert Quinn - DE - STL - DUI
#24 Kenny Britt - WR - TEN - DUI
#25 Donald Washington - DB - KC - Driving - pulled over with pot. DUI of drugs
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:32 am

When guns are outlawed...only outlaws will have guns. I am no NRA sympathizer by any means. But let's use some common sense. Does anyone really think that guns won't be available to the criminal element if the laws are tightened up and John Q. Public isn't able to purchase a firearm? Look at the example of illegal immigration (undocumented aliens for those in the liberal media)...Does the fact that it's illegal to cross the border prevent anyone who really wants to get in here, from crossing?
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne