Does Fanball own FFOC

Team Legacy

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Team Legacy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:57 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Scott, yes, Ryan will gladly come on here and respond to your posts and John's posts. Thanks for your response Greg. I guess we'll wait for Ryan to actually address the questions.

but I never thought a rumor would get in the way.Please don't misunderstand me. My comment regarding my contest money has nothing to do with the ruomr. The rumor isn't getting in the way of anything Greg, nor is the management, it's the lack of attention from ownership on what's perceived by many as a mission critical issue involving Fanball, which now directly involves our NFFC.

[ April 20, 2010, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: FPA - Scott Atkins ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Tom Kessenich

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:02 am

Scott, whatever issues involve the FFOC do not "directly involve" the NFFC. That's what Greg and I have been trying to tell you guys since this thread began.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Team Legacy

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Team Legacy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:04 am

Honestly, I'm not sure why everyone isn't working through the FSTA to protect the players as the FPA would now be the fourth trade association in the industry, joining FSWA and FSA.

Greg, just to clarify, The Fantasy Players Association is NOT a TRADE association. As much as I enjoy the contests I play in, we will not be representing your interests or those of the fantasy industry, we are representing the players.

Feel free to answer me in another thread. This isn't the place for this discussion. I want NFFC threads on the NFFC boards. Take the rest to the FFOC boards please. That is NOT my contest. You're right Greg, this is not a FFOC board, so I appreciate your decision to allow this discussion, but this is a Fanball concern now.

Besides, nobody in management responds over on the FFOC boards, so that would be a total waste of time.

[ April 20, 2010, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: FPA - Scott Atkins ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:27 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
[qb] Greg, I am glad we all have aligned interests in protecting player rights.

Having seen firsthand the two fantasy sports trade shows this year, I will say they are certainly TRADE shows, as in for the trade. There was no discussion of player protection, improving customer service, or any of that at either show that I can recall. While they may be good at representing and congregating companies, they certainly do not represent my interest as a high stakes fantasy football player. By the way, your show was excellent, the food was great and it was run in a first class fashion.

As a player, the FSTA has failed me as a player by permitting membership to organizations that defrauded players like myself:

AFFL 2007 - FSTA Member
FantasyJungle 2008 - FSTA Member
AFFL 2009 - not sure - anyone know?

Those companies placed the FSTA logo on their web sites like some seal of approval. Didn't the FSTA vet any of these companies?

These trade organizations have a place for sure, but they are INDUSTRY organizations. They do not represent me as a player. Scott is putting together something that seems quite a bit different than what FSA and FSTA do. I am excited to see what he and his players-only board of directors can come up with. Once you see what he is offering, maybe you will like it? Maybe not.

And as a player and customer of the NFFC, I am glad that one of the senior members of the Fanball company, Greg Ambrosius, has the passion to protect my rights and the rights of my fellow fantasy players. [/QUOTE]Dave, I totally agree with you. The FSA's mission statement as you know is to bring Madison Avenue to this space. Plain and simple. That is the focus of the 25+ biggest companies in the fantasy sports space who are members of the FSA. We are not an association to protect the players. The companies you saw in Las Vegas -- EA Sports and many of the non-traditional fantasy companies -- were there to learn more about our space and our player demographics. Our goal is to educate and inform these companies and hopefully get them to be in our space at some point.

The FSTA should still have the players first and foremost. It was always in our mission statement. But you are right, when AFFL.com the FSTA let Neil Wickham not only have the FSTA logo on his site through the summer but he also was a featured speaker in Denver on the high-stakes panel. I couldn't believe it.

If you're saying we need to protect ourselves by ourselves, I don't disagree. Go for it. But I thought someone was supposed to be no top of this. Again, I'm not sure there is a perfect way to protect the players, but count me in on listening to all ideas. I'm for the players, not these fly-by-nights who can't even budget prize money properly.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

mkrucek

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by mkrucek » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:13 am

Is there any timeframe as to when Ryan will respond here? Seems rather straightforward. Either yes, Fanball has an ownership interest in the FFOC and will be making sure all the winners get paid/compensated for their free entries or no, Fanball has never had an ownership interest.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:53 am

Originally posted by 4D:
Is there any timeframe as to when Ryan will respond here? Seems rather straightforward. Either yes, Fanball has an ownership interest in the FFOC and will be making sure all the winners get paid/compensated for their free entries or no, Fanball has never had an ownership interest. I don't know if Ryan is ever coming back onto our boards. But he has told me, he has told Dave Gerczak in an email and he has told others that Fanball does not have ownership in FFOC. I also believe all cash winners have been paid in full now. So now it's up to FFOC to return and fulfill the free league prizes.

Again, I'm not sure why FFOC is on our boards because a few people insinuated that the back-end provider owned the company. Fanball ran the back-end for FFOC. Prize winners have been paid. Fanball continues to talk with Stan and Len about returning for 2010 and those discussions are continuing, so we probably know a little more about this than you. But that's because if FFOC returns Fanball will likely run the back-end again. Stay tuned because I would assume decisions need to be made soon. From FFOC's owners, that is, not Fanball.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

BillyWaz

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:59 am

quote:Originally posted by 4D:
Is there any timeframe as to when Ryan will respond here? Seems rather straightforward. Either yes, Fanball has an ownership interest in the FFOC and will be making sure all the winners get paid/compensated for their free entries or no, Fanball has never had an ownership interest. I don't know if Ryan is ever coming back onto our boards. [/QUOTE]Why???? :confused: If it is because he "doesn't like the heat", then he should not be in the kitchen! :rolleyes:

Seriously, with every day that is passing where final plans are not passed on to the boards, more and more people are going to be jumping ship.

I'm loyal to the NFFC because I have been around since the start, but many people are not, and the new guy who wants to throw his hat in the mix has NO CLUE what the NFFC has to offer right now.

MAY 1ST is Saturday. The plans for NFFC weekend and taking signups USUALLY started in February.

Very disappointing. :(

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:07 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Is there any timeframe as to when Ryan will respond here? Seems rather straightforward. Either yes, Fanball has an ownership interest in the FFOC and will be making sure all the winners get paid/compensated for their free entries or no, Fanball has never had an ownership interest. I don't know if Ryan is ever coming back onto our boards. [/QUOTE]Why???? :confused: If it is because he "doesn't like the heat", then he should not be in the kitchen! :rolleyes:

Seriously, with every day that is passing where final plans are not passed on to the boards, more and more people are going to be jumping ship.

I'm loyal to the NFFC because I have been around since the start, but many people are not, and the new guy who wants to throw his hat in the mix has NO CLUE what the NFFC has to offer right now.

MAY 1ST is Saturday. The plans for NFFC weekend and taking signups USUALLY started in February.

Very disappointing. :(
[/QUOTE]Thanks Billy. Hopefully people don't jump ship as easily as you say. If the love for 14-team leagues is as strong as you've always told me, then there isn't another ship out there. But if you have to make plans already, then I guess people will leave us as you say. You know more than me.

When you see our plans you'll see why we haven't finished the site yet. It's more aggressive than you can image. And I hate to blame baseball for our late start in football, but it's definitely part of the delay, as you know all too well. And we didn't get our NFBC Registration going until mid December and we still had a record year. So we hope to be ready next week and set an early-bird special that will be appealing to everyone.

Hopefully.

I'll announce more plans on another thread. This one does nothing for me because FFOC is not part of the NFFC. They compete with us for online dollars and this rumor has fed a beast that doesn't exist. I'll go back to your Throw Us a Bone thread if you don't mind Billy.

mkrucek

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by mkrucek » Sat May 01, 2010 8:03 am

Is there any timeframe as to when Ryan will respond here? Seems rather straightforward. Either yes, Fanball has an ownership interest in the FFOC and will be making sure all the winners get paid/compensated for their free entries or no, Fanball has never had an ownership interest. I don't know if Ryan is ever coming back onto our boards. But he has told me, he has told Dave Gerczak in an email and he has told others that Fanball does not have ownership in FFOC. I also believe all cash winners have been paid in full now. So now it's up to FFOC to return and fulfill the free league prizes.

Again, I'm not sure why FFOC is on our boards because a few people insinuated that the back-end provider owned the company. Fanball ran the back-end for FFOC. Prize winners have been paid. Fanball continues to talk with Stan and Len about returning for 2010 and those discussions are continuing, so we probably know a little more about this than you. But that's because if FFOC returns Fanball will likely run the back-end again. Stay tuned because I would assume decisions need to be made soon. From FFOC's owners, that is, not Fanball.
[/QUOTE]Why is this on your boards? Because you are now a part of Fanball. And it would make a big difference if they are involved in any way with owning the FFOC. When you were part of Krause I think people could count on what you and Tom said. But as you have pointed out, here you are just an employee, and certainly not "the guy" anymore. Everyone here trusts you and Tom, Fanball not so much, for several reasons.

You said Ryan would come on here and address this and he has not. Why? I'm glad to know that winners are getting paid, but I'd like to know why Fanball is paying FFOC winners from Fanball money, as evidenced by this post on the FFOC board -

"yes i have recieved my money thanks to fan ball they have paid me out of there own pocket.. I would like to thank fan ball for stepping up to the plate and paying me my winnings despite the fact that they have still not been issued the money owed to them by ffoc. I recieved my money 2 days ago. thanks again to barbra from fan ball for dealing with me every week over the phone for i was not the most pleasant customer and for that i apologize"

This player won $3,500. Is it typical for a backend provider to pay another game's winners with the backend provider's money?

And I'd also like to know why an employee of Fanball signed the letters for those players that won free entries in this year's FFOC? Why wouldn't it be signed by the Poised to Stomp ownership?

The very fact that Ryan has not responded to this leaves open the question as to Fanball's involvement with FFOC. If it's a simple as you say he can come on here an tell all of us. You're right, Greg. This isn't something you should be answering. Ryan should. I'll be waiting for his response. And I can guarantee I'm not the only one.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Tom Kessenich

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat May 01, 2010 9:11 am

So let me see if I have this straight - a thread about an event that has had no connection to the NFFC has some of our customers concerned about our event and now we're hearing that participants in that said event are being paid and people are concerned that they're being paid? Seems to me that if people are being paid that's a very good thing. I don't know the particulars with that situation but the important thing in my opinion is that prize winners are being paid. It does no good for anyone in our industry to have the opposite occur as all of us (and many of you) know all too well.

I don't know the inner workings of the FFOC. As Greg and I have said, the NFFC at no time has ever had a connection to that event. In fact, as Greg has said that event has taken customers from us. It's been a direct competitor of ours. This thread has appeared to create an impression that the NFFC is involved with some nefarious goings on regarding to the FFOC. If that's not a correct impression, why would any of our customers be the least bit concerned about our event? The fact is, they shouldn't be so this thread shouldn't have gone on as long as it has.

If anyone is concerned about the FFOC going forward, that's an FFOC problem, not an NFFC one. As Greg and I have said, we're busy working on unveiling our 2010 plans. We're hoping to do that soon. We have three great primary sites set up and just need to get everything finalized so we can show all of you what we intend to do for 2010. Hopefully, you'll all be excited about it as we are.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich