Let's Have A Fun Discussion About Fantasy Football Scoring

Henry Muto

Re: Let's Have A Fun Discussion About Fantasy Football Scori

Post by Henry Muto » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:11 pm

I think return players should get credit for a PR or KR TD and so should the DF/ST. I said it 100 times I will say it again it sucks to have your guy return a punt or kickoff for a TD and not only do you NOT get the points you also get punished as it takes your player off the field. Sproles is the perfect example when a team punts to him you have to root AGAINST your own player how does that make any sense ? You have to root that your own guy Sproles gets tackled otherwise not only do you not get the 6 pts for a TD you get him taken off the field so he won't get any yards/receptions ect on that drive. Tell me in what world does it make sense to root against your own player on a play...and for the love of god I do not want to hear 1 person say "It would be like double dipping giving both the DF and the player points" because that makes no sense too who cares give both the points I am not wanting to root for my own guy to get tackled on any play. EVER.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Coltsfan wrote:I know that was brought up before but I don't believe we ever heard anything back. But it would be nice to designate a backup player for each starter. So if Arian Foster was on my team and right before kickoff he is declared inactive then my backup player would automatically go into the lineup.

One of my problems last year was that I had so many teams and if there was a late scratch I had trouble finding all of the places fast enough in which I had to change out a player. It sure would help out guys in lots of leagues and make it to where you could be possibly doing something else right before kickoffs instead of watching fantasy news.

Wayne
this would be great. i know it is probably kinda late to do this for this year but to be able to go to an nfl game without the worry of your lineup is great.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:28 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:
Coltsfan wrote:I know that was brought up before but I don't believe we ever heard anything back. But it would be nice to designate a backup player for each starter. So if Arian Foster was on my team and right before kickoff he is declared inactive then my backup player would automatically go into the lineup.

One of my problems last year was that I had so many teams and if there was a late scratch I had trouble finding all of the places fast enough in which I had to change out a player. It sure would help out guys in lots of leagues and make it to where you could be possibly doing something else right before kickoffs instead of watching fantasy news.

Wayne
this would be great. i know it is probably kinda late to do this for this year but to be able to go to an nfl game without the worry of your lineup is great.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with this thought. Part of the madness is sweating it out before kickoff. We have the DC's to take care of the aforementioned. JMO
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:29 pm

Last weekend of the NFFC playoffs. Team Draper has 20 point lead over the second place team (Team Gekko) for the $100,000.

Team Draper is done, and Team Gekko has one player to go on Sunday. Opppssss....that one player is ruled inactive Sunday afternoon and accordingly the "fill-in" (who played on Saturday) is inserted into the lineup. He scored 21 points. Team Gekko takes down the 100K due to inactive swap.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:42 pm

very simple....gekko got in touch wit one of his boyz and took out the player so he would get the 21pts. very ez :lol:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:45 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:
BLACKHAND wrote:

Wayne
Sorry, but I have to disagree with this thought. Part of the madness is sweating it out before kickoff. We have the DC's to take care of the aforementioned. JMO
Agree with you Bill, backups are for DCs.

Also agree returned kicks should count as player TDs.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Bill and KJ,

And the downside to this is?????????

How often do we see teams fail to get players out of lineups who are inactive? Then everyone comes on board complaining about it. We aren't talking about a draftmasters here. All we are talking about is having a replacement in place in case someone is declared inactive. That's all.

Anyways, we have talked about this several times before and Greg and Tom are "looking into it."

Wayne

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Coltsfan wrote:Bill and KJ,

And the downside to this is?????????

How often do we see teams fail to get players out of lineups who are inactive? Then everyone comes on board complaining about it. We aren't talking about a draftmasters here. All we are talking about is having a replacement in place in case someone is declared inactive. That's all.

Anyways, we have talked about this several times before and Greg and Tom are "looking into it."

Wayne
Wayne, no problem here. I'll adjust to whatever the rules say. I just feel it will take something away from the game if you have an "automatic replacement". I'm preaching to the choir here, and I know players get hurt, but there is some strategy in drafting players who DON'T get hurt. That may sound oxymoronic, BUT!!!!!
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:26 pm

I also agree with giving both the individual player and the DST 6 pts for a return TD.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion