Ryan Matthews Shoulder Injury

Tom Kessenich

Re: Ryan Matthews Shoulder Injury

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:51 am

mattjb wrote:Time to punt RB.
I was thinking yesterday that this may be the way to go if you're picking outside the Top 3. Look elsewhere in the first two and maybe three rounds. There's risk involved but with such a massive drop-off in talent at the position and so many RBs with red flags of some kind, maybe loading up elsewhere and targeting guys like Steven Jackson, Doug Martin (if you believe in him) and Fred Jackson in the fourth round as your RB1 is the way to go. Or you can lay off in the first two rounds and hope to get Sproles, Charles or Peterson in the third.

What a mess this position is this season. I can't remember the last time it's been such a train wreck.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:56 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
What a mess this position is this season. I can't remember the last time it's been such a train wreck.
And we still haven't played 1/2 of the week ONE preseason games. :o

I'm going to predict right now that there will be at least two more significant injuries (keeping someone out the first 6 ormore weeks of the regular season) before the preseason is over. :(

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:58 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
I was thinking yesterday that this may be the way to go if you're picking outside the Top 3. Look elsewhere in the first two and maybe three rounds. There's risk involved but with such a massive drop-off in talent at the position and so many RBs with red flags of some kind, maybe loading up elsewhere and targeting guys like Steven Jackson, Doug Martin (if you believe in him) and Fred Jackson in the fourth round as your RB1 is the way to go. Or you can lay off in the first two rounds and hope to get Sproles, Charles or Peterson in the third.

I agree - if I can't get a top 3 RB I can't see how i'm taking a RB first round. (CJ is probably worth it but hard after being burnt last year)

My 2 leagues (DC) so far i've gone

Sproles/Spiller/Hillis (rounds 2/6/7)
R Bush/Spiller/Wells (rounds 5/6/7)

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:00 am

BillyWaz wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
And we still haven't played 1/2 of the week ONE preseason games. :o

I'm going to predict right now that there will be at least two more significant injuries (keeping someone out the first 6 ormore weeks of the regular season) before the preseason is over. :(
If one of the Top 3 RBs suffers a serious injury it will be utter chaos for fantasy football this year. Pure and simple.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:12 am

Mathews was a first-round pick in every NFFC draft that's been held this year. I know that's not surprising but as I just Tweeted, he's not the only one in pain today. Just a brutal kick in the stones for a lot of fantasy owners.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:26 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:Mathews was a first-round pick in every NFFC draft that's been held this year. I know that's not surprising but as I just Tweeted, he's not the only one in pain today. Just a brutal kick in the stones for a lot of fantasy owners.
You need to start offering "insurance" for the Online Championship and DC leagues... :mrgreen:

thelunger

Post by thelunger » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:27 am

if mathews cant stay healthy san diegos back ups dont have a whole lot to offer with ronnie brown being the cream of the crop! without mathews that whole offense takes a step backwards!

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:30 am

The real question is what round do you draft Mathews now?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:36 am

mattjb wrote:The real question is what round do you draft Mathews now?
If you're bailing on RBs early you know who's suddenly become a guy you might want to target in Rounds 3-5?

Ryan Mathews.

:o :shock:
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:18 am

How long before Benson gets tired of waiting for OAK to call and he takes a call from SD now?