When to take Mathews and Richardson now?

Big Cheese

When to take Mathews and Richardson now?

Post by Big Cheese » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Tonight was the first draft after yesterday's news and I took Mathews at 2.8. Richardson went two picks later. Just curious to see what the field thinks is good value - and what's a reach. Based on reports, Richardson should be back week 1 and Mathews is looking like week 3-4. I'm sure both will be tentative and have their touches monitored for a couple weeks when they return.

Just a little additional info... I expected to take Julio, AJ or Marshall with my 2nd pick and was able to land AJ at 3.8, then BLloyd at 4.5. I feel like I got lucky with AJ still being there. I'll probably be starting McGahee and the Redmon/Dwyer winner early in the season at RB (unless Pead/Tate/Ballard emerge for whatever reason).

Both of these guys being there at the end of the 2nd (and later) is really going to complicate what is already a very confusing RB situation now. I'm interested to see what people think.

mattjb

Re: When to take Mathews and Richardson now?

Post by mattjb » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:03 pm

good luck buddy but Matthews in the 2nd round right now is bat shit crazy.

Big Cheese

Post by Big Cheese » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Appreciate your honesty, matt. I know it's a gamble. Didn't have any previous drafts to gage interest after the injury. I'm drafting with an eye on December. He's finished strong his first two years. I guess we'll see....
Last edited by Big Cheese on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Big Cheese wrote:Appreciate your honesty, matt. I know it's a gamble. I'm drafting with an eye on December. He's finished strong his first two years. I guess we'll see....
who did you take 1st round?

actually tell us your first 6.

Big Cheese

Post by Big Cheese » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:13 pm

mattjb wrote:
Big Cheese wrote:Appreciate your honesty, matt. I know it's a gamble. I'm drafting with an eye on December. He's finished strong his first two years. I guess we'll see....

1.5 Brady
2.8 Mathews
3.8 AJ
4.5 BLloyd
5.8 McGahee
6.5 Redmon

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Big Cheese wrote:
mattjb wrote:

1.5 Brady
2.8 Mathews
3.8 AJ
4.5 BLloyd
5.8 McGahee
6.5 Redmon
man this was a weird league (was being discussed in the other thread too) how can AJ make it to 3.8? :? That definitely balances out jumping the gun on Mathews.

Big Cheese

Post by Big Cheese » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Every draft seems weird compared to the previous one right now. These RB injuries only add more intrigue. I'll be curious to see how upcoming drafts play out..

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Just a little Kentucky homebrew here,,,,don't be afraid to ZAG when everybody else is ZIGGING.... 8-)
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Big Cheese

Post by Big Cheese » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:47 pm

BigBlueNation wrote:Just a little Kentucky homebrew here,,,,don't be afraid to ZAG when everybody else is ZIGGING.... 8-)

Hate it when I agree with UK fan wisdom... :D
Go Hoosiers!!

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:23 pm

mattjb wrote:
Big Cheese wrote: 1.5 Brady
2.8 Mathews
3.8 AJ
4.5 BLloyd
5.8 McGahee
6.5 Redmon
man this was a weird league (was being discussed in the other thread too) how can AJ make it to 3.8? :? That definitely balances out jumping the gun on Mathews.
Yeah, just flip flop them and it'd look a lot better, the receiver at 2.8 is solid and Mathews at 3.8 is a better gamble.

I had the 9pm Thursday draft, which was going on during the games. Mathews had actually already been injured before the draft started, but he still went 6th -- the broken bone news didn't come out until almost the end of the draft though.