Russell Wilson Is The Real Deal My Friends

Tom Kessenich

Re: Russell Wilson Is The Real Deal My Friends

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:00 pm

boutrous11 wrote:ha, you've been waiting to top this thread, haven't you Tom.
It was inevitable. :) I'll continue to lash out at all the scouts and GMs who screwed the pooch on what should've been one of the easiest decisions in this year's draft. It's mind-boggling to me that people could be paid a lot of money and watched this kid play a lot and still dismissed him entirely on the basis of his height when he does every single thing you want a QB to do. Every single thing. Yeah I'm a Badgers alum and fan so I have some bias. But I'm biased because Wilson's damn good.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:10 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
It was inevitable. :) I'll continue to lash out at all the scouts and GMs who screwed the pooch on what should've been one of the easiest decisions in this year's draft. It's mind-boggling to me that people could be paid a lot of money and watched this kid play a lot and still dismissed him entirely on the basis of his height when he does every single thing you want a QB to do. Every single thing. Yeah I'm a Badgers alum and fan so I have some bias. But I'm biased because Wilson's damn good.
As a Dolphins fan I hope Tanehill is the real deal and the early evidence looks promising but I was desperate for us to trade down and target Wilson.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:12 am

mattjb wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
As a Dolphins fan I hope Tanehill is the real deal and the early evidence looks promising but I was desperate for us to trade down and target Wilson.
I said before and after the draft every team that took a QB after RG3 not named Russell Wilson was making a mistake. He was easily the third-best QB in this year's draft in my opinion.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:18 am

ok Tom..you convinced us..we are eyeing Russell Wilson at pick 2 in DC league tonight:)

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:33 pm

...somewhere in the recesses of my brain Tom's words must have been lingering as I just drafted Wilson in a dynasty league - have plenty of time for him to develop holding my clipboard behind Eli and Rivers

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Everytime I hear of QB height... I think of Doug Flutie. I always pull for the Doug Flutie's of the NFL.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:17 am

The Seahawks have announced that Russell Wilson is getting the start in Friday's third pre-season game and a good start could vault the UW grad into the starting role during his rookie season. Hmmm, do you think Tom is excited about this news? ;)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/82890 ... art-friday

Matt Flynn hasn't looked too bad in pre-season, but Wilson is a cool cat. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:25 pm

:D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:06 pm

The alarm bells about Flynn should have been ringing loudly from the moment Philbin & the Dolphins passed on him.