I'm Depressed (Update I'm Not Quite As Depressed)

Sandman62

Re: I'm Depressed

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:21 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:Thanks Dave. That's my thinking too. As far as Fitz, I'm not feeling great about him but I think he's safe. He was productive last season with the same QBs so I don't think he falls off a cliff. Green will be a keeper and Julio might be as well so they won't be in play. I think it may be too soon for Smith there and Nicks' foot injury really worries me. Those things tend to linger.
Completely agree Tom. Fitz was NFFC WR6 last year. Did his QBs get any worse? Heck, if Skelton wins the job, it probably got better. On top of that, though some folks don't care about strength of schedule, several websites have the Cardinals WRs among the easiest this year.

If you subscribe to the "Don't lose your league in the early rounds", I think Fitz is among the safest 1st round picks going.

thelunger

Post by thelunger » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:23 am

i think your on the right track tom in a 2 qb league tom.just look at the first round rbs from last year that were wasted picks.load up in the later rounds with j rodgers,d wilson,leshoure,pead etc. good luck!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:33 am

thelunger wrote:i think your on the right track tom in a 2 qb league tom.just look at the first round rbs from last year that were wasted picks.load up in the later rounds with j rodgers,d wilson,leshoure,pead etc. good luck!
I've never been comfortable with a suspect RB corps but I don't see another option given my draft position. I'd include Redman among the RB2s I'd consider. It's not a high-upside group obviously (with the possible exception of Hillis) but I think they should be serviceable. If my RB1 comes through and I get some upside RB3 and RB4s I think I'll be in good shape. It's radical but I simply could not put together a team I really liked using the ADP list any other way.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:44 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
thelunger wrote:i think your on the right track tom in a 2 qb league tom.just look at the first round rbs from last year that were wasted picks.load up in the later rounds with j rodgers,d wilson,leshoure,pead etc. good luck!
I've never been comfortable with a suspect RB corps but I don't see another option given my draft position. I'd include Redman among the RB2s I'd consider. It's not a high-upside group obviously (with the possible exception of Hillis) but I think they should be serviceable. If my RB1 comes through and I get some upside RB3 and RB4s I think I'll be in good shape. It's radical but I simply could not put together a team I really liked using the ADP list any other way.
radical in 2002 maybe ;)

having your 'hole' at RB2 has been fairly standard in the NFFC for a while.

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:56 am

Tom definitely doable - you should read some of Matt Waldman's stuff - email me for a link

thelunger

Post by thelunger » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:57 am

fyi in my 10 team standard scoring 1 pt ppr home league i was in last year. if you take the top 25 performing rbs from the end of the year last year based on our scoring and settings. 8 out of the 25 were taken in round 9 or later!sproles,lynch,bush,f jax,tolbert,stewart,thomas,mcgahee.so dont fret my friend there is value to be had!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:03 am

mattjb wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
radical in 2002 maybe ;)
Radical for me. :) And I was way ahead of the curve with the elite QBs so there. :D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 am

Captain Hook wrote:Tom definitely doable - you should read some of Matt Waldman's stuff - email me for a link
Is that the Upside Down Drafting story or something along those lines?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Captain Hook wrote:Tom definitely doable - you should read some of Matt Waldman's stuff - email me for a link
Is that the Upside Down Drafting story or something along those lines?
Yes plus newer stuff he just added - good stuff to look at

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Scratch Isaac Redman off my list of RB2s I'd be looking at as I bail on the spot early. He's tentatively replaced by Kevin Smith. I say tentatively because I could see Smith's ADP really start to soar between now and the start of the season.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich