CRAZY CRAZY DRAFT....

Mankind

CRAZY CRAZY DRAFT....

Post by Mankind » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Did another on-line last night from the #4 hole, looking at Megatron or Rodgers, no big surprise there after the big three go... Somehow get Arian Foster at #4, wow pretty cool, but probably happened in a few other leagues. #9 overall goes Ryan Matthews, hmnnnnn, then Eli Manning at #12 overall, double hmmnnn. Then in the 5th round Stephen Gostkowski :lol: , WTH, and the same team takes a "D" in the 9th. Hmmnnn, maybe I can take advantage of some of these picks..
I hold off on getting a QB and land Tony Romo in the 9th round :mrgreen: , triple hmnnnnn.

Dunno if I took advantage but here it is:

QB- Tony Romo (9)
QB - Andrew Luck (12)

RB - Arian Foster (1)
RB - Darren Sproles (2)
RB - Steven Ridley (5)
RB - David Wilson (7)
RB - Ben Tate (8)
RB - Ronnie Brown (16)

WR - Percy Harvin (3)
WR - Jordy Nelson (4)
WR - Justin Blackmon (6)
WR - Mike Williams (10)
WR - Doug Baldwin (13)
WR - David Nelson (14)

TE - Greg Olsen (11)
TE - Ed Dickson (20)

Bears "D" (15)
Bills "D" (17)

K- David Akers (18) pretty good value instead of Gostkowski :mrgreen:
K- Dan Bailey (19)

I think I made out ok.....

Don Draper

Re: CRAZY CRAZY DRAFT....

Post by Don Draper » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:12 pm

one of the best teams i've seen so far. i love your top 3 wr and u have two great lottery tickets in tate and wilson. good job

Mankind

Post by Mankind » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks Draper, very surprised/lucky getting Wilson and Tate in rounds 7 and 8...

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:32 am

Definitely luck of the draw on which leagues we end up in. Very strong team. Nice job taking advantage.

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:05 am

We all know that both skill and luck play a part in ff but i was also wondering how much of an owner's success is attributed to FATE - you know, mostly the league-mates that you draft with of which is completely out of your control?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:56 am

DonnyG. wrote:We all know that both skill and luck play a part in ff but i was also wondering how much of an owner's success is attributed to FATE - you know, mostly the league-mates that you draft with of which is completely out of your control?
Definitely plays a big part IMO, Donny. Also with many of these onlines is timing. MJD signing....now at worst a 2nd rounder, people who took Julio in July got him in 3rd compared to 1/2 turn, etc.

All about being in the right moment, and a "weaker" league doesn't hurt either. ;)

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:47 am

I drafted at number 2 lastnite and did similairily. Check this out

C Newton, R Wilson

A Foster, M Ingram, V Ballard
R Williams, A Morris, I Redman

J Nelson, M Williams, R Cobb
S Smith, (both of them)
S Johnson, R Streater, Ogletree

A Hernandez G Olsen

Feelin pretty awsome about this team!! L Fitzgerld went first pick of the 3rd. i couldnt pass on Cam though in the second round

SS

Post by SS » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:35 am

I hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about Foster this year. Took Ben Tate in a lot of leagues this year!
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Bad Feeling about Foster???? Who do you like this year then??

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 pm

No problem at all with Eli at # 12 overall. He is one of the safest picks out there. In his prime at age 31, Super Bowl defending champs, good coaching staff, and threw for 4900 yards last season. Good quality playmakers around him. This owner obviously wanted no risk and he got it.

On the other hand whoever drafted Gostkowski in the 5th might as well just mail their check in now and forget about a career in fantasy football. That, my friends, is a joke.

Your team looks pretty good by the way.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne