Forte

BigBlueNation

Re: Forte

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:07 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Chi_Town_FEW wrote:With the RB situation what it is in todays NFL with with the time share and the big swing in the pass to run ratio I find myself drafting for opportunity vs talent more. In the past talent might have won out. I have SJax in most leagues where he has a terrible offensive line(getting worse by the day, if that is possible) just because he will get 50+ more carries than many other backs in much better offenses.
SJax is pretty damn talented but I agree. That's one of the reasons I was so high on Law Firm going into the season. Volume. Volume. Volume. That's huge at the RB position these days. I think Jonathan Stewart is one of the most talented RBs in the league but I'd rather have Law Firm because he should (barring injury) get more volume. It's also why the few RBs who have the mix of volume and talent are so valuable. There was a huge advantage to be gained in non-3RR leagues (shameless plug :D) if you drafted early in the first round this year. The ability to land Foster, Rice or McCoy was huge. Then if you were able to pair one of them with Adrian Peterson your team could end up being golden.
I agree, the more plays they play, the better chance they have of doing something constructive. This ain't rocket science. :)
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:11 am

In the Magazine League I had the first pick and took Foster. I then took Peterson in the second because I was confident I could still load up at WR and get a good QB later and I was able to do both. Now I didn't start Peterson in Week 1 which bit me in the behind and I'm 0-1 in that league as a result. But moving forward I think that team is in great shape to contend for the league title. The Foster-Peterson combo potentially gives me an enormous edge over every other team in that league.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:13 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:In the Magazine League I had the first pick and took Foster. I then took Peterson in the second because I was confident I could still load up at WR and get a good QB later and I was able to do both. Now I didn't start Peterson in Week 1 which bit me in the behind and I'm 0-1 in that league as a result. But moving forward I think that team is in great shape to contend for the league title. The Foster-Peterson combo potentially gives me an enormous edge over every other team in that league.
:shock:
Bill Cleavenger

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 am

BigBlueNation wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:In the Magazine League I had the first pick and took Foster. I then took Peterson in the second because I was confident I could still load up at WR and get a good QB later and I was able to do both. Now I didn't start Peterson in Week 1 which bit me in the behind and I'm 0-1 in that league as a result. But moving forward I think that team is in great shape to contend for the league title. The Foster-Peterson combo potentially gives me an enormous edge over every other team in that league.
Disagree Bill?
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:20 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote:
Disagree Bill?
Nothing against your RB's, but Philip Rivers is your "game manager"....
Bill Cleavenger

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:24 am

BigBlueNation wrote: Nothing against your RB's, but Philip Rivers is your "game manager"....
Nah, Rivers is an elite talent who needs Ryan Mathews back. :) I'm fine with Rivers as my QB in that league. I think the edge I have there is at RB where Foster and Peterson potentially give me a huge advantage.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:29 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
BigBlueNation wrote: Nothing against your RB's, but Philip Rivers is your "game manager"....
Nah, Rivers is an elite talent who needs Ryan Mathews back. :) I'm fine with Rivers as my QB in that league. I think the edge I have there is at RB where Foster and Peterson potentially give me a huge advantage.
Just curious Tom, who did you end up with at WR after starting Foster, AP?
Go Big Red!

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:30 am

Tom Kessenich wrote:
I have Gore, RBush, and Magahee...A beer in NYC at the NFBC says I finish above you in this league. BTW, I have RG3 and Romo, Calvin and Gronk.
Bill Cleavenger

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:32 am

he has SSmith and DBowe, that's about it
Bill Cleavenger

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:34 am

BigBlueNation wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
I have Gore, RBush, and Magahee...A beer in NYC at the NFBC says I finish above you in this league. BTW, I have RG3 and Romo, Calvin and Gronk.
Nice team but I like my RBs a lot better. :)

My WRs are Smith, Bowe, Collie (keep in mind we drafted this well before he got hit on the head again), LaFell and Little (not ready to give up on him yet). I have a lot of upside behind two very good WRs so I like that group a lot. I also have Rudolph as my TE2 so I can flex him in if I want.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich