Additional 2008 Rules_Changes?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:56 am

Greg,
Since your thread has been hijacked, have you considered bumping up roster sizes to 19?

also, any thought to bumping up the scoring people take from the regular season to the playoffs from 1x to 2x? i really think the regular season needs to weigh in a little more significantly.

last one, how about only paying the top 2 for the consolation playoffs and using the other funds to pay more from the champonship playoffs?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:17 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Greg,
Since your thread has been hijacked, have you considered bumping up roster sizes to 19?

I've always been a fan of this...let's do it Greg!

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:19 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Greg,

also, any thought to bumping up the scoring people take from the regular season to the playoffs from 1x to 2x? i really think the regular season needs to weigh in a little more significantly.

I started singing this song after 2004 season....still a #1 hit if you ask me.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:20 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Greg,

[/QUOTE]Certainly makes sense with 3RR.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:28 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Greg,

[/QUOTE]Certainly makes sense with 3RR.
[/QUOTE]I'd like to see the roster size increased to 19 also.

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:01 am

I basically understand all the agruments for adding a 19th roster spot to the NFFC (although I don't agree with most of them) but would someone care to explain to me how extending roster size from 18 to 19 "makes more sense" with 3RR as opposed to not having 3RR? And before you do, I fully understand that with 19 rounds, the 1-slot would get the last pick as opposed to it having the first pick with 18 rounds. I just don't understand how this really matters, other than looking pretty on a roster grid? We are talking about the NINETEENTH ROUND, right?
For Players. By Players.

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:15 am

I also don't think anyone will have their 19th round pick on their roster for more than 3-4 weeks. It certainly will be your first drop when you make you first free agency move. So to me that is not a significant rule change.

Look at your roster grids for this year, did any league have an 18th roundre that stayed on the roster the entire year? If so, did they have an impact?

[ December 26, 2007, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Max Factor ]
Jeff Potok

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:41 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:
I also don't think anyone will have their 19th round pick on their roster for more than 3-4 weeks. It certainly will be your first drop when you make you first free agency move. So to me that is not a significant rule change.

Look at your roster grids for this year, did any league have an 18th roundre that stayed on the roster the entire year? If so, did they have an impact? It's not the draft pick that's valuable to me it's the roster spot. You're probably right about the 19th spot being the 1st drop but by week 5 once you've dropped all your dead weight and want to add a hot F/A pickup plus cover a kicker or def on a bye week....you might appreciate not having to drop Leon Washington to achieve it. ;)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:52 am

I have always been in favor of more roster spots, as I feel it reduces the "luck" factor of someone getting a "steal" on the waiver wire.

I highly doubt that Bulger, McNabb, AND E. Manning would all have been dropped had we had one more roster spot this past season. Jeff said it pretty well above, it is the "roster spot" (down the road), not the pick that is valuable here.

And although I agree Nag, that having a 19th round to "even the playing field" (1st team picks 1st and last) isn't absolutely necessary to seasoned players, the "uniformity" MAY look better to some of the people out there who are thinking of joining the NFFC.

Honestly, if I was thinking of getting in the NFFC and didn't fully understand 3RR yet, I would wonder why the draft didn't start and end with the same team (team 1), as almost every other league out there does that.

[ December 26, 2007, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:12 am

Originally posted by Max Factor:

Look at your roster grids for this year, did any league have an 18th roundre that stayed on the roster the entire year? If so, did they have an impact? It would have helped me out big time. I cut Earnast Graham, Ryan Grant, Priest Holmes, Seattle Def, Jesse Chatman All in the Main event. If I could have kept Graham Imagine how he would have helped My team out.
I.W
Johnny Frisella