Chris Johnson

FatPerez

Re: Chris Johnson

Post by FatPerez » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:17 am

What KJ said.
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:01 pm

you all should be rooting for Munchak to be fired. That could light a fire under the whole offense.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:07 pm

kjduke wrote:
BillyWaz wrote:Can anyone out there find ANY optimism in this situation?

I mean calling out your offensive line and telling them to "do their job" is not going to help matters any. Add in that Javon Ringer looks ready to return as the "backup" (future starter?) and this has all the signs of a "Randy Moss 2010 season"....where you feel you HAVE TO start him because he was a first rounder, but he disappoints each and every week.

I took him in an auction and an online championship over a month ago, but thank goodness I didn't take this turd anywhere else. :(
Look at some of the comments he made during pre-season, along with his history. My take - Chris Johnson wants to be a rich and famous athlete, not play football. One-hit wonder, too tough a game to play without desire. Sorry, no optimism.
I remember you saying how you weren't taking him while in Vegas.......well done! :)

Hey.....where is Sandman? Wasn't he the biggest Chris Johnson fan out there???

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:41 pm

I'm pretty much thinking he is never getting back to 2009 form. That sucks because I'm a CJ fan but it doesn't look good for him now or going forward. Didn't steve slaton have a big year that year too???

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:21 pm

I'm not sure what to take from CJ2K. I'm definitely not a fan of his. I can say in my 20+ leagues this year, his name appears nowhere on any of my rosters. And THAT was intentional.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:00 pm

BillyWaz wrote:Hey.....where is Sandman? Wasn't he the biggest Chris Johnson fan out there???
I dunno about biggest fan, but I did think he could challenge the top RBs when I said this: :oops:
"Though I believe Rice will lead this group this year, I also think there's another RB who will be right behind him who isn't in this list... the newly-motivated, Chris Johnson". Like many, it appears we were wrong on him. Not the first or last time. ;)

We do have him on 3 of our 15 teams, so we certainly weren't all-in on him. Just glad it's just DCs.

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Wow. Absolutely way too many owners prematurely bailing on CJ after only TWO games played. You guys sound like stock market analysts and/or day traders on the "what have you done for me lately" train speeding towards financial ruin. I am not afraid and have no fear in predicting that he finishes as a top 5 RB at season's end. In fact I would like to go on record here as stating such. I find it incredible how so many seasoned and well experienced gamers here react emotionally and jump off the CJ Train with TWO games in the books and 11 left in the regular season, not to mention the playoffs Just absolutely incredulous. Where's the faith? Are you watching him run? He's not the problem. His HC is a former great on the OL and will straighten things out and soon. We shall absolutely see who gets the correct call here and I'm perfectly fine going against the grain and out on a lonely limb but please don't return the verdict after two measly, lousy weeks. That kind of reaction is typical, premature and emotional but not steeped in any logic nor rationale whatsoever. Sheesh. I for one am NOT panicking whatsoever. CJ owners out there take heed as things will indeed get a whole lot better and sooner rather than later. 8-)

particra

Post by particra » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Johnson has scored more than 15 fantasy points in 2 of his last 19 games. It's not just two games.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:31 pm

DonnyG. wrote:Wow. Absolutely way too many owners prematurely bailing on CJ after only TWO games played. You guys sound like stock market analysts and/or day traders on the "what have you done for me lately" train speeding towards financial ruin. I am not afraid and have no fear in predicting that he finishes as a top 5 RB at season's end. In fact I would like to go on record here as stating such. I find it incredible how so many seasoned and well experienced gamers here react emotionally and jump off the CJ Train with TWO games in the books and 11 left in the regular season, not to mention the playoffs Just absolutely incredulous. Where's the faith? Are you watching him run? He's not the problem. His HC is a former great on the OL and will straighten things out and soon. We shall absolutely see who gets the correct call here and I'm perfectly fine going against the grain and out on a lonely limb but please don't return the verdict after two measly, lousy weeks. That kind of reaction is typical, premature and emotional but not steeped in any logic nor rationale whatsoever. Sheesh. I for one am NOT panicking whatsoever. CJ owners out there take heed as things will indeed get a whole lot better and sooner rather than later. 8-)

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:31 pm

Diggin' your faith, donny. Bring on the karma! 8-)