Free agent blues

Route C

Free agent blues

Post by Route C » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Man timing is really everything isn't it. As we approached the bye weeks I was feeling pretty good about my roster depth especially with A.Collie coming back as my WR5. So down goes Austin (shouldn't be surprised right) No big deal. He was just a shot after I got my starters. Next...down goes Amendola my WR3 so now I've got to work the WW right. So I pick up D.Henderson and he promptly scores 2 points. I do what any red blooded ticked off owner would do before the L. Moore news...I cut him. He then proceeds to score 26. :D
Wait it gets better. The same week I pick up Henderson I decide to cut someone who's not playing at all.....A.Green :o But wait it gets better than that. Last week still needing some bye week help I make a couple of pickups and let's see.... who can I cut that isn't very fantasy relevant? I know...V.Ballard. He's not doing much even when he does play 21 carries for 42 yards...not involved in the passing game...makes sense...done!
I'm not sure yet whether I've ruined a perfectly good draft but one thing I know....I suck at waiver moves! :oops:

Sandman62

Re: Free agent blues

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 pm

You forgot one: you also dropped CLE WR Josh Gordon last week, right before he scored 22.2! :P

Coach JP

Post by Coach JP » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm with you, my friend. Timing is so brutal sometimes.

I was 4-0, ranked 80th in the online championship. This past week, Amendola goes down on Thursday, I wind up losing and am now 4-1.

CRAP! I suddenly realize I have Torrey Smith, Eric Decker on bye week 7 and no longer have Amendola. I now need a WR.

Go ahead and make some waiver moves, drop Vick Ballard last Friday for a WR. :roll:

Then, I overbid for Ballard back ($470) and wind up losing out... to my opponent next week who was in desperate need of a RB.

So I lose Amendola, cut Ballard, and then have to face Ballard a week after. Ugh.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:17 pm

and to think I thought I was the ONLY person who sucked or had bad luck with FAAB. ;)
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:46 pm

I'm with you on the Hendu move...did the same exact thing and last week was forced to start this triumpant trio of WR's Jordan Norwood, Josh Morgan & T. J. Graham :shock:
Timing is everything I agree on that but if we could have waited on the news regarding Moore neither one of us would have dropped him and we would have been "forced" to start him even after he laid a 2 on us the week before. I stated this in the FAAB Wednesday/Friday waiver thread.
It sucks but atleast you can see by the responses here you weren't alone on any of your moves...misery loves company!
Pat Sorge

Route C

Post by Route C » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Sandman62 wrote:You forgot one: you also dropped CLE WR Josh Gordon last week, right before he scored 22.2! :P
Oh man I wish you hadn't reminded me. I really do suck!!! It sure is a tough part of the game but like everyone else I'll just take my lumps and keep fighting. At least I got it out in the open so you guys can hold me accountable in my attempt to break free from the suckage. :D

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:23 pm

Just playing with ya Jeff. I'm FAAB-challenged too. Heck, I blew $192 on the wrong "Choice" because at the time, FJax was out and I have Spiller. I dropped Choice this week for a $56 Casey. So IOW, I basically blew almost 25% of my budget on James Casey! :oops:

What may be even sadder is that I may even start Casey over SJax @MIA?! :o

hindu888

Post by hindu888 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm the total opposite! I can make good waiver moves, but then don't know when to play them! I've had hartline and roberts sinse week 2, and only spent I think $50 total! The only time I bench hartline he gets 41! Got to love fantasy football!