Week 10 Start-Em: Bears or Seahawks?

Jersey Dawg

Week 10 Start-Em: Bears or Seahawks?

Post by Jersey Dawg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:56 pm

You would think Da Bears would be a "no brainer", but the Texans do not turn the ball over much and Schaub has been sacked about 10 times. On the other hand, Seattle at home is a hard place for many team to play, let alone the sackable, int throwing Jets.... Any thoughts? Am I thinking too far out of the box?

Pete

chriseibl

Re: Week 10 Start-Em: Bears or Seahawks?

Post by chriseibl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:20 pm

Jersey Dawg wrote:You would think Da Bears would be a "no brainer", but the Texans do not turn the ball over much and Schaub has been sacked about 10 times. On the other hand, Seattle at home is a hard place for many team to play, let alone the sackable, int throwing Jets.... Any thoughts? Am I thinking too far out of the box?

Pete

I take the Seahawks this week. The Seahawks haven't been the Bears this year but they are a good defense with a great matchup vs. the Bears having a great defense with a bad matchup.

I'll be starting the Bears this week in the leagues in which I own them but I did give consideration to the Cowboys defense based solely on the matchups before deciding to stick with my studs. Unlike the Cowboys, the Seahawks are closer to the stud range.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:20 pm

I think the Bears are undroppable right now but I understand your train of thought.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Bears, every week. No thought about it. They are punching the ball out at a ridiculous clip. Hester is bound to break one, too.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:31 pm

bald is beautiful wrote:Bears, every week. No thought about it. They are punching the ball out at a ridiculous clip. Hester is bound to break one, too.
HOMER... ;)
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:10 pm

bald is beautiful wrote:Bears, every week. No thought about it. They are punching the ball out at a ridiculous clip. Hester is bound to break one, too.
I agree with Jack.

You gotta ride this wave while you can. Yes, Houston is not the best matchup, but in Houston's only loss to Green Bay, they were behind and the Packers ended up with 3 sacks and 3 INT's.....

and the Packers are not even in the same zip code when it comes to defense as the Bears. ;)

thelunger

Post by thelunger » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Jersey Dawg wrote:You would think Da Bears would be a "no brainer", but the Texans do not turn the ball over much and Schaub has been sacked about 10 times. On the other hand, Seattle at home is a hard place for many team to play, let alone the sackable, int throwing Jets.... Any thoughts? Am I thinking too far out of the box?

Pete
da berz plug in and play

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Not even a question..you have to play the Bears every week. I agree that the Seahawks will play well against the Jets horrible offense, but the Bears are putting up amazing defensive and special teams numbers and it is not like the Texans have a great offense. They don't turn the ball over that much, but I can see a low scoring game with a couple of special teams scores in the Bears-Texans matchup. Sure there is a chance the Seahawks will score more points, but there is no doubt that you have to go with your best. And, just for you... I will root against the Seahawks D this week :D

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Seattle at home against a poor QB is as good as it gets. They haven't had a monster week yet, but they are capable of a shutout with multiple TOs and defensive TDs. This could be the week. I'll start SEA wherever I have them, including a couple teams where I have the CHI and SF D's. Sit the Bears, don't make decisions based on cliches.

There it is. I'm sure I just jinxed myself. :mrgreen:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:02 pm

kjduke wrote:Seattle at home against a poor QB is as good as it gets. They haven't had a monster week yet, but they are capable of a shutout with multiple TOs and defensive TDs. This could be the week. I'll start SEA wherever I have them, including a couple teams where I have the CHI and SF D's. Sit the Bears, don't make decisions based on cliches.

There it is. I'm sure I just jinxed myself. :mrgreen:
Ironically KJ, San Francisco is my #1 defense this week, with the Bears second, and Seattle 3rd. :)