Week 10 Start-Em: Bears or Seahawks?

JETS SB

Re: Week 10 Start-Em: Bears or Seahawks?

Post by JETS SB » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Seattle Fantasy D is good, not great. They have no return TD's, no defensive TD's, averaged 8+ pts per game, vs 19+ for Chicago D. They had two dominant games at the beginning of the year, but since then, not so much. They have played weak offenses such as Arizona, St Louis, and Carolina and have not scored more than 12 pts other than once. The Jets have average 21 ppg, though I do get the fact that they are pretty bad offensively. Maybe I will be wrong.. but I cannot see how you can bench, far and away, the most dominant fantasy defense we have seen in a long time, at home, against a team that is not a dominant offense.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:22 pm

JETS SB wrote:Seattle Fantasy D is good, not great. They have no return TD's, no defensive TD's, averaged 8+ pts per game, vs 19+ for Chicago D. They had two dominant games at the beginning of the year, but since then, not so much. They have played weak offenses such as Arizona, St Louis, and Carolina and have not scored more than 12 pts other than once. The Jets have average 21 ppg, though I do get the fact that they are pretty bad offensively. Maybe I will be wrong.. but I cannot see how you can bench, far and away, the most dominant fantasy defense we have seen in a long time, at home, against a team that is not a dominant offense.
Well you just guaranteed a 20+ point week for Seattle!

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:26 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
JETS SB wrote:Seattle Fantasy D is good, not great. They have no return TD's, no defensive TD's, averaged 8+ pts per game, vs 19+ for Chicago D. They had two dominant games at the beginning of the year, but since then, not so much. They have played weak offenses such as Arizona, St Louis, and Carolina and have not scored more than 12 pts other than once. The Jets have average 21 ppg, though I do get the fact that they are pretty bad offensively. Maybe I will be wrong.. but I cannot see how you can bench, far and away, the most dominant fantasy defense we have seen in a long time, at home, against a team that is not a dominant offense.
Well you just guaranteed a 20+ point week for Seattle!
That's fine.. I really don't care.. I have the Chicago D and will be starting them for the rest of the year.. less points for everyone else is fine with me.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:51 pm

There are very few sure things in Fantasy. Starting the Chicago Defense is one of them. End of story.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

southpaw24

Post by southpaw24 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:13 am

Tough choice at flex this week:

Bradshaw (@ CIN)
Felix Jones (@ PHI)
K Britt (@ MIA)

Thoughts?

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Bears are averaging 19.1!!! At home and while the Texans are a tough matchup there will be rain AND 40+ mph winds AND a whole lot of ball punching going on!
Pat Sorge

boli34

Post by boli34 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:10 am

Taiwan Jones or Daniel Thomas?

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Well, they did shut out the Jets offensive unit, plus 3 turnovers and sacks. Won't be easy to beat that, weather better be nasty.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 pm

I just thought I would pass along "what I did". I decided to go with my gut and started Seattle. As it turns out, I won my game by 4 points. Seattle scored 10 more than Chicago, so it turned out to be a smart decision (finally).

Thanks for all the input.

Pete

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:02 pm

I never would bench the No. 1 option at any position but it's not like Seattle's defense stinks or had a rough matchup. They're great at home and the Jets' offense is pathetic. Again, I would've started the Bears so props to you Pete for going against the grain and coming out ahead.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich