poor sports

BillyWaz

Re: poor sports

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:53 pm

kjduke wrote: If he does it for one league and it's allowed, why would you expect him to not do this or something else disruptive down the road without a dis-incentive?
BINGO!

Honestly though, after a guy tried to take down the entire NFFC, STATS, get Greg and Tom canned, etc., and was allowed back in ......this truly should be a slap on the wrist. :P

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:The decision is final, Mike and there's no need for the eye roll. If you and others disagree with our decision that's fine. It's not the first time and I doubt it will be the last time we do something you and others may not agree with. Greg and I evaluated the situation, we took measures that are clearly stated in our rules and responded accordingly.

As far as how we would handle it in the future should something similar occur again, if you disagree with how we handled it here feel free to post your suggestions. I would like to believe all of you know that we'll obviously consider all suggestions to make our games better. Hopefully after nine years of doing this we've proven that to all of you by now.
Tom,

Can you explain your rationale for not putting his whole team back? While I understand that you and Greg don't manage people's teams for them and they are, within reason, free to make their own moves, isn't the spirit of that rule really more about you not getting involved in a player or few being dropped here and there? In this case, in one single week, the waiver pool will be injected with 13 players who were just last week on someone's roster, as well as 13 players removed from the pool in one week. Don't you see that as a whole different case - one that truly should warrant just putting his whole team back? :?
Last edited by Sandman62 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:01 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
kjduke wrote: If he does it for one league and it's allowed, why would you expect him to not do this or something else disruptive down the road without a dis-incentive?
BINGO!

Honestly though, after a guy tried to take down the entire NFFC, STATS, get Greg and Tom canned, etc., and was allowed back in ......this truly should be a slap on the wrist. :P
STATS needs to hire a bouncer.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:05 pm

please , just to get me really pissed , call this guy a good customer one more time.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:08 pm

Mike, the reason why his entire team isn't put back is because we are not going to run someone's roster. Can you imagine if we forced someone to start Player A, B and C and those players performed worse than the players he wanted to start? The person would have every right to demand a refund because we interfered with his ability to run the team the way he wanted. We start doing that and we've opened a gigantic can of worms with significant ramifications.

However, we do have it written in our rules that we can remove players from the FA pool if we deem it necessary. We deemed it necessary in this case and made our decision. This person has made a decision to run his team a certain way. Is it a way you, me, KJ, Frank, Billy, Mark or Greg would agree with? In all probability it is not, but it's his choice. It's his team. He can now run it the way he chooses. In turn, we took a stern measure and enforced a rule we hardly ever enforce and rarely even need to enforce.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 pm

I can't believe you don't see dropping an entire team as different from "running someone's roster".

The integrity of this league is now SCREWED - not because someone "ran their team" a bit oddly; they deliberately attempted to screw the league!

From your Rules:
Any participants or co-managers who collude, or attempt to collude, or who attempts to blackmail, bribe or otherwise influence any representative of STATS/NFFC, or who otherwise attempts to sabotage the league, in an effort to alter the results or outcome of any NFFC game will be disqualified and will be prohibited from winning any prize award. If a participant is banned from participation in a current NFFC game, then STATS reserves the right, to take those actions which it sees fit, in its sole discretion with respect to such banned participant’s team. Any criminal behavior may be referred to the appropriate authorities.

Shouldn't someone who does that be considered a different case than simply "not wanting to run someone's team"? Seriously?!
Last edited by Sandman62 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:15 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:As far as how we would handle it in the future should something similar occur again, if you disagree with how we handled it here feel free to post your suggestions. I would like to believe all of you know that we'll obviously consider all suggestions to make our games better. Hopefully after nine years of doing this we've proven that to all of you by now.
Add this to the official rules ...

"If any player attempts to disrupt the integrity of the contest, for example, by dumping valuable players into the free agent pool for clearly inferior players, or intentionally trying to lose weekly matchups, we reserve the right to reverse those moves and ban that player or anyone that we suspect is attempting to enter a contest on his or her behalf from any and all future STATS-sponsored contests at our sole discretion".

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Sandman62 wrote:I can't believe you don't see dropping an entire team as different from "running someone's roster".

The integrity of this league is now SCREWED - not because someone "ran their team" a bit oddly; they deliberately attempted to screw the league!

From your Rules:
Any participants or co-managers who collude, or attempt to collude, or who attempts to blackmail, bribe or otherwise influence any representative of STATS/NFFC, or who otherwise attempts to sabotage the league, in an effort to alter the results or outcome of any NFFC game will be disqualified and will be prohibited from winning any prize award.

Shouldn't someone who does that be considered a different case than simply "not wanting to run someone's team"? Seriously?!
all i got to say since we are both in this league is amen my brother .disqualify him you have my vote as A MEMBER IN THIS LEAGUE .

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:21 pm

I VOTE DEATH PENALTY .DO I HAVE A SECOND ON THIS .

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:22 pm

so what you are saying is that if i'm in a league with billy and i am out of it the last week of the year and he is tied for 1st place and i did this and started all jag players it is ok and i can run my team as i please. i would not want to win like that( or billy) nor do i approve of that. in year two of the nffc i was in that situation with my friend johnny ( ri workhorse ) and it was understood that i was going to do my best to knock him out. nothing personal , just business. without integrity there is no nffc. as i said before , we as a group must prevent this again and set something up to prevent this again.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN