SportsDraftDaily $200,000 Championship

CC's Desperados

Re: SportsDraftDaily $200,000 Championship

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:45 pm

This week SportsDraftDaily's tournament wasn't decided until early in the fourth quarter when Eric Decker caught a 7 yard touchdown pass from Peyton Manning. With that touchdown, Sasso moved ahead of Onice by 2.70 points. Onice rode a magical ride with Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, and James Jones on Sunday night where they combined for 90.62 points which moved him into first place going into Monday night's game.

Realistically, there were four teams in contention going into the fourth quarter. Onice had a second team with Willis McGahee playing. McGahee needed a touchdown and about 11 yards of offense to retake the lead from Sasso. Unfortunately for him, Denver intercepted the ball and ran it in for a touchdown which stole a possible touchdown chance for McGahee. Denver also committed an offensive penalty which stalled a Denver drive with just under four minutes left in the game.

Meanwhile, Sinnerman was lingering in the background with Antonio Gates and the Chargers kicker Nick Novak left. The game was really setting up nicely for him in the fourth quarter once Denver took the lead. It forced San Diego to the air. With one field goal and a couple of catches by Gates, Sinnerman was in position for the victory. Rivers only completed one pass in the second half of the game to Gates which was a huge disappointment. Rivers' last four drives resulted in turnovers which was heartbreaking for anyone that owned Gates that was in a position to make some money in the daily games. It was also frustrating to see Ryan Mathews on the sidelines on the last two drives by the Chargers. He is a player that could have made a difference if he could've scored a late touchdown.

For Sasso, it wasn't an easy ride. I'm sure he thought his chance at victory had slipped away halfway through the second quarter when Eric Decker caught a 55 yard pass from Peyton Manning which looked like a sure touchdown. Decker tripped over his own feet at the 30 yard line which cost him a touchdown and 30 more receiving yards. It was basically a nine point swing. Fortunately for Sasso, Decker was able to push his way into the end zone early in the fourth quarter which gave Sasso the needed points to win this week's seat into the championship round in week 17 where the overall winner will have a chance to win $100,000 for a $10 entry fee.

Overall, it was a lower scoring week. The running back position underperformed other than Shone Greene (34.1) who was rostered by the winning team. A.J. Green (29.00) continues to be a difference maker. Antonio Gates (23.1) was the clear-cut edge at TE.

This week's tournament had 660 entries which was the highest total of the year. Here's the winning team:

1st - Sasso (140.92)

QB - Kevin Kolb (13.72)

RB - Shonn Green (34.10)

RB - Steve Jackson (11.50)

WR - Eric Decker (18.80)

WR - A.J. Green (29.00)

TE - Anthony Fasano (11.3)

Flex - Calvin Johnson (16.5)

K - Dan Carpenter (6.00)

Sasso did really well in the fourth quarter of the one o'clock games on Sunday. Calvin Johnson was pretty much shut out by the Eagles going into the fourth quarter. A.J. Green scored a 57 yard touchdown with just over 5 minutes left in the Bengals/Browns game. The clincher was the third touchdown by Shonn Greene with 1:05 minutes left in the Jets game.

2nd - Onice (138.22)

QB - Aaron Rodgers (39.22)

RB - Alfred Morris (12.10)

RB - Frank Gore (7.60)

WR - James Jones (16.80)

WR - Jordy Nelson (34.60)

TE - Jermaine Gresham (14.30)

Flex - Early Doucet (0.60)

K - Dan Bailey (13.00)

The high price for Rodgers and company did cost Onice one roster slot which ended up killing his chances of winning. Early Doucet could only manage one catch for 1 yard.

3rd - Onice (133.82)

QB - Aaron Rodgers (39.22)

RB - Alfred Morris (12.10)

RB - Willis McGahee (11.80)

WR - James Jones (16.80)

WR - Jordy Nelson (34.60)

TE - Brandon Myers (8.70)

Flex - T.Y. Hilton (4.60)

K - Dan Carpenter (6.00)

Onice took a few swings this week and I'm sure he wishes he used one more combination of the Green Bay players as he was dead on, but he couldn't get the secondary players to deliver enough points to put him over the top. He picks up $850 for finishing 2nd and 3rd which helps ease his pain.

It was a great win for Sasso and he earned the 7th seat in SportsDraftDaily's $200,000 Championship round. The lobby will be open today and here is a link to the rules:

http://sportsdraftdaily.com/how-to-play ... mpionship/

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:14 am

Well, Ms. KateUpton, I don’t think VinceBarnes will ever be able to look at you straight in the eyes after this week’s tournament at SportsDraftDaily. Vince enter the Sunday night game trailing KateUpton by 18.42 points with Antonio Brown left. A score of 18+points is a huge number and one that certainly would required a TD. With 11:11 left in the 2nd quarter, Antonio Brown had his chance to deliver the key points for VinceBarnes to win. He took a pass from Ben Roethlisberger in the right flat behind the line of scrimmage. He circled back to the center of the field where he threw a pass on the move to Baron Batch.

The play was set up well and Antonio Brown threw a perfect pass with plenty of air under it to a wide-open Batch. I could sense the excitement from VinceBarnes as Batch lifted his arms to catch the ball near the goal line. At that moment, Batch seemed to be lost on what direction to turn as he reached up to catch the pass. As the ball harmlessly fell to the ground, KateUpton raised his arms in excitement as he knew he had just dodged a huge bullet. Brown finished with 109 total yards and 7 catches which gave him 14.4 fantasy points, but he fell 4.2 points short of the target number needed for VinceBarnes to win.

KateUpton had a well-balanced team. He had the two highest scoring players on the week (Chris Johnson – 32.3) and Vincent Jackson (31.1) plus he hit on almost every other roster slot on his team. The only exception was Fred Davis who was injured early in the game. Here is the roster of the winning team:

1st – KateUpton (158.20)

QB – Ryan Fitzpatrick (21.30)

RB – Chris Johnson (32.30)

RB – Adrian Peterson (22.90)

WR – Vincent Jackson (31.10)

WR – Miles Austin (18.20)

TE – Fred Davis (1.80)

Flex – Lance Moore (16.60)

K – Mason Crosby (14.00)

With the victory, KateUpton earns the 8th seat in SportsDraftDaily’s $200,000 Championship round in week 17 where he will have a chance to win $100,000.

VinceBarnes is a top high stakes fantasy baseball player in the NFBC. He did an excellent job of structuring his roster. He took advantage of the injury to Jimmy Graham which allowed him to use core of three players from the Saints (Brees, Colston, and Thomas). When Randall Cobb scored his 2nd TD of the game with just over 3 minutes left in the Green Bay game, Vince thought he was in position to steal the week.

2nd – VinceBarnes (154.18)

QB – Drew Brees (29.18)

RB – Alfred Morris (14.00)

RB – Chris Johnson (32.3)

WR – Marcus Colston (16.80)

WR – Randall Cobb (26.80)

TE – David Thomas (9.70)

Flex – Antonio Brown (14.40)

K – Rian Lindell (11.00)

VinceBarnes wins $500 for second place and he also had a 2nd team that finished in the top 10. This week there were 682 teams in the contest.

HighRidgeHoosiers finished in 3rd place with 150.90 points. His team was still in contention going into the Sunday night game. He had Jonathan Dwyer left, but he needed 19.50 points from him. Just like Brown, HighRidge’s only chance probably hinged on TD. Chris Rainey scored the only rushing TD for Pitt early in the 4th quarter. Dwyer was having a decent game, but he was never in position to deliver a winning score. He broke a 32 YD run (tackled at the 8 yard line) with 1:20 left in the game, but a TD would have left him a half point short of victory. HighRidge was somewhat screwed by the non TD pass by Mike Williams with no time left on the clock in the Tampa game. There should have been a pass interference penalty which would’ve given the Buccaneers one play to tie the game at the goal line with no time left on the clock.

3rd – HighRidgeHoosiers (150.90)

QB – Josh Freeman (29.70)

RB – Chris Johnson (32.30)

RB – Jonathan Dwyer (12.20)

WR – Vincent Jackson (31.10)

WR – Stevie Johnson (15.60)

TE – Jason Witten (7.40)

Flex – Denarius Moore (11.60)

K – Greg Zuerlein (11.00)

We are almost at the halfway point of the Fantasy Football Championship and the entries continue to grow. With each week that passes, it is getting tougher and tougher to win. The lobby is now open and here’s a link to the rules:

In week 8, we will be running the normal $10 tournament plus 2nd leg of the $100 quarter pole tournament. You can get in the game at SportsDraftDaily.com.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:09 am

The update for week 8 in SportsDraftDaily’s $200,000 Championship was delayed due to the Hurricane on the east coast. I’m at the mercy of an update myself as I cannot see the results because I don’t play in the game. I only lost power for about 4 hours, but my internet was down for about a day. Last week in the daily games I hit a couple in the fairway, but overall I didn’t get enough right to have success.

As I mentioned last week winning in the daily games, many times success is about rhythm. The one player that has found his rhythm late in October is Smokin_Gun. He dusted the field in SportsDraftDaily’s week 7 Free Roll. He followed up that strong performance with a great showing in SportsDraftDaily’s $200,000 Championship in week 8. Not only did Smokin_Gun win the week, he also had the 2nd and I believe 5th place team. I can’t say for sure as I don’t have the previous week’s entries, but he basically turned a free ticket in the Free Roll into a chance to win $100,000 in week 17 of the football season plus he has funded a bankroll where he may be able to win another seat if he can continue his hot run.

Smokin_Gun was pretty much locked and loaded with Matt Forte (17.90), Willis McGahee (22.50), and Jason Witten (25.70). He built his core around those three players. The difference maker for him last week was Cecil Shorts (15.60) as a back end WR. With the victory, Smokin_Gun claims the 9th seat in SportsDraftDaily’s Championship round. Here’s the winning team:

1st – Smokin_Gun (138.68)

QB – Ben Roethlisberger (21.48)

RB – Matt Forte (17.90)

RB – Willis McGahee (22.50)

WR – Mike Wallace (9.70)

WR – Miles Austin (17.80)

TE – Jason Witten (25.70)

Flex – Cecil Shorts (15.60)

K – Adam Vinatieri (8.00)

Last week was a low scoring week and we only had about 480 entries which was a drop off of about 200 from the previous week. The drop off was due to a strong showing in our $100 Quarter Pole Tournament that had about 100 entries. I don’t have the results from that tournament, but I should have the winner in the next couple of days.

2nd – Smokin_Gun (133.56)

QB – Tom Brady (28.46)

RB – Matt Forte (17.90)

WR – Wes Welker (7.80)

WR – Demaryius Thomas (23.20)

Flex – Deion Branch (0.00)

K – Adam Vinatieri (8.00)

His 2nd team had two stronger players, but it’s really tough to win with a zero in your lineup. The backend RB’s and WR’s are the key to winning. I know many were disappointed not to see Ryan Broyles in the player pool last week. With Nate Burleson getting hurt in last Monday night’s game, it created an opportunity for Broyles. Unfortunately I didn’t have a good enough update and I didn’t add Broyles into the pool by the midnight cut off time for this week’s game. Broyles would not have been a layup as his salary would have come in just below Burleson salary as I viewed him as the player taking his job.

3rd – Stonewashed Jackson (132.70)

QB – Peyton Manning (24.60)

RB – Matt Forte (17.90)

WR – Antonio Brown (5.80)

WR – Demaryius Thomas (23.20)

Flex – Josh Cooper (0.00)

K – Ryan Succop (13.00)

Stonewashed Jackson caught a tough break when Josh Copper posted a zero. He was trying to become SportsDraftDaily’s first 2 time seat winner. Stonewashed Jackson won our week 4 tournament. Copper only played 15 snaps last week with only one target. Stonewashed also used the combination of Forte, McGahee, and Witten.

We are at the halfway point of the season and the road to the championship round will be a lot tougher in the second half of the season. The lobby is now open for this week’s games and here is a link to the rules: http://sportsdraftdaily.com/how-to-play ... mpionship/

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:12 am

Week 9 in the NFL was extremely frustrating for me as a daily player. After spending hours and hours looking at players and matchups, I headed to the ticket window to submit my teams. Within about an hour, I knew my chances were pretty much cooked everywhere. I had Arian Foster on just about every team with my new found upside back Pierre Thomas. At the beginning of the week, I submitted some teams with Mikel Leshoure and Arian Foster, but I really thought Thomas would have a better opportunity in the Saints offense with Darren Sproles out with a hand injury. No matter what decisions I made, I had no chance of winning without having Doug Martin or Brandon Marshall on my team. Early in the season I had Martin in multiple spots, but he failed to deliver. Marshall had a great matchup, but it looked like the game score would minimize his upside. For some reason, the Bears continued attacking by throwing the ball to Marshall which allowed him to deliver the highest score at WR this week.

I have a tendency in my fantasy career to push all in. It works extremely well if I'm right, but it really kills my chances of winning if I'm wrong. I own Martin on I think 8 of my 16 season-long teams so I wasn't disappointed to see him have success. I just wish I had the smarts to use him on a couple of tickets in the daily space. I could never have expected him to have three long runs and deliver such a huge score.

Much to my surprise, this week's winner in the SportsDraftDaily's $200,000 Championship did not have Doug Martin on his team. In essence, Martin's score was like owning 2 or 3 players in one. His salary was $9100 which was less than the star studded Arian Foster ($9800). After Martin's great game, his salary for this week's matches would have shot up to $11700. It was adjusted back to offset his outlier score.

This week's winner in the $200,000 championship was on the seat of his pants late in the Monday night game, as a hard charging VictoryLap was one play away from stealing the seat from MovetheChains. VictoryLap had LeSean McCoy playing and he was trailing MovetheChains by 1.1 points late in the game. With 3:53 left in the game, Vick threw a pass to McCoy inside the 5 yard line. With a completion and one yard after the catch, VictoryLap would have won the seat. The usually sure handed McCoy drop the slightly off target pass from Vick. Three play later, a Celek fumble gave the ball back to the Saints and it looked like Philly might not get the ball back.

The Eagles defense force a three and out which gave VictoryLap one last gasp chance at stealing the win. Philly ran 7 plays and not one included McCoy. It left VictoryLap wondering what he had to do to catch a break and I'm sure his mind was racing about what could have been. I imagine sleeping was a tough option as his adrenaline must have had him jacked up after the game.

On the other side of the fence, MovetheChains was in a cold sweat as he watched the Eagles drive that started with 8:45 left in the game. McCoy had 2 rushes for no gain plus one rush for 7 yards and one catch for 14 yards. I'm sure the last 6 minutes were pure hell as his dream was one play away from turning into a nightmare. In the end, MovetheChains had just enough to win plus he had a duplicate team which came in 2nd. So for the 2nd week in a row, the same owner won 1st and 2nd place. Here's the winning roster:

1st/2nd - MovetheChains (147.96)

QB - Carson Palmer (28.86)

RB - Alfred Morris (7.60)

RB - Michael Turner (16.20)

WR - Brandon Marshal (34.70)

WR - Larry Fitzgerald (16.40)

TE - Brandon Myers (21.90)

Flex - Reggie Wayne (17.30)

K - Jay Feely (5.00)

Carson Palmer delivered the top score at QB this week thanks to his poor rushing defense and a late fumble by LeGarrette Blount which gave him another chance to add garbage points in the 4th quarter. Myers was a very key player as he delivered the high score at TE this week plus he allowed MovetheChains more room to roster three solid WR's.

3rd - VictoryLap (146.86)

QB - Jay Cutler (22.36)

RB - LeSean McCoy (14.30)

RB - Matt Forte (21.80)

WR - Brandon Marshal (34.70)

WR - Torrey Smith (12.60)

TE - Brandon Myers (21.90)

Flex - Owen Daniels (17.30)

K - Jay Feely (5.00)

VictoryLap had the clear edge at RB. He used 3 Bears players and every player on his team scored except McCoy.

With the win, MovetheChains claims the 11th seat in SportsDraftDaily's $200,000 Championship in week 17 plus he picks up $500 of flash cash for finishing in 2nd place. There are 7 weeks left to earn a spot in the championship round and the lobby is now open for this week's games. Here's a link to the rules:

https://sportsdraftdaily.com/how-to-pla ... mpionship/

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Fantasy football can be pure agony when you are competing in head to head matches or games with an overall prize. BTeudt was at the 1 YD line at the start of the second half of the Pittsburgh/Kansas City game in SportsDraftDaily's $200,000 Championship. He was trailing Mac_Papi by 1.3 points with his kicker Ryan Succop left. The Chiefs were in field goal range with 9 minutes left in the 3rd quarter when Matt Cassel threw a 12 yard TD to Dwayne Bowe. With an extra point the lead would be cut to 0.30 points.....but wait there is a flag on the play which was a win for BTeudt.

When you are in position to win, you need to get the points when you can as you never know if you'll have another chance at scoring points. Kansas City ran a couple of plays that led to a 33 yard field goal attempt which would have delivered a seat in the championship round. Ryan SUCKUP misses wide right and BTeudt dropped to his knees. Mac_Papi was slapping high fives as he just dodged a huge bullet and his chance of winning increased dramatically. A couple of plays later it appeared Leftwich fumbled the ball which led to a Kansas City TD, but the fumble was ruled an incomplete pass which gave the ball back to Pittsburgh.

Kansas City went three and out on four consecutive drives as the ball was starting to drop on BTeudt's chances.

With Pittsburgh up by three points with the ball with four full minutes left in the game, it wasn't looking good for the Chiefs and Ryan Succop. After a 1st down by the Steelers, Kansas City was able to stop Pittsburgh a football short of a first down even with a favorable spot.

Mac_Papi was now starting to feel the pressure as he knew there was a chance he could lose. With 2 catches by Tony Moeaki that moved the ball to midfield with 1.24 left in the game, the heartbeats of the two contenders were starting to rise. After an incomplete pass, a 5 yard gain, 10 yard penalty against the Chiefs, and another incomplete pass, the deciding moment of the game had arrived. Matt Cassel had one chance to become a hero to BTeudt forever.

On 4th and 15 with 28 seconds left in the game, Cassel delivered a strike to Dwayne Bowe who actually hung onto the ball for a 27 yard gain. BTeudt rose from the dead and he was back in the game. All he wanted was one more chance to win. I'm sure there wasn't a lot of faith in Succop when he lineup for a 46 yard fantasy game winning field goal, but he was able to hit a low line drive that was just inside the right upright which delivered the win and a chance to win $100,000 in week 17 of the football season.

BTeudt used one star player (Ray Rice - 14.80) who underperformed. The rest of his lineup deliver double-digit points with the exception of his kicker. Greg Olsen (26.70) was his MVP. Here's this week's winning team:

1st - BTeudt (141.28)

QB - Philip Rivers (21.98)

RB - Stevan Ridley (15.80)

RB - Ray Rice (14.80)

WR - Malcom Floyd (15.30)

WR - Torrey Smith (19.70)

TE - Greg Olsen (26.70)

Flex - Frank Gore (19.00)

K -Ryan "You No Longer Suck" Succop (8.00)

I feel bad for Mac_Papi as I also finished 2nd in a big contest that would have given me a chance at a great prize in week 16 of the season. He overlapped BTeudt in three roster slots (Rivers, Smith, and Gore). He did a great job tying up Calvin Johnson and Tony Gonzalez (62.4 combined points), but his salary cap relief Pierre Thomas only delivered 2.1 points.

2nd - Mac_Papi (139.58)

QB - Philip Rivers (21.98)

RB - Frank Gore (19.00)

RB - Pierre Thomas (2.10)

WR - Calvin Johnson (32.70)

WR - Torrey Smith (19.70)

TE - Tony Gonzalez (29.70)

Flex - Mike Williams (7.40)

K - Jason Hanson (7.00)

Third place finisher Rog11sm was hoping for the steal in overtime. He had Mike Wallace left and he was trailing by 7.5 points. He needed a broken play TD to steal this week's title, but a poor pass by Matt Cassel early in overtime ruined any dream of winning. His big edge was pairing Olsen and Gonzalez. Rog11sm is a newcomer to the high stakes market in the past couple of years, but he is proving to be a threat in baseball and football.

3rd - Rog11sn (133.88)

QB - Jake Locker (16.48)

RB - Frank Gore (19.00)

RB - LeSean McCoy (12.10)

WR - Roddy White (14.90)

WR - Mike Wallace (8.90)

TE - Tony Gonzalez (29.70)

Flex - Greg Olsen (26.70)

K - Nick Novak (6.00)

There are six week left to qualify for SportsDraftDaily's $200,000 Championship. Last week we had 784 entries so it won't get any easier going forward. The lobby is now open for this week's games and here is a link to the rules:

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:49 am

When I look at the final results of this week’s tournament in SportsDraftDaily’s $200,000 Championship, I just think what it could have been for me. I was all over Foster in most on my games which kept me away from Matt Schaub. I knew Andre Johnson was coming on and he was going to score sooner or later.

Last week I wrote this comment about Andre Johnson:

Johnson delivered a short performance against the Bears which was expected/It wasn’t helped out by poor weather conditions/He has 41 targets in his last 4 games/Johnson hasn’t scored a TD in 6 weeks and I feel like betting this pony until he comes in/The Jaguar’s CB’s have only allowed 4 TD passes on the season/He has scored 3 TD’s in his career against Jacksonville/Solid option

If I play Johnson, he is a natural tie to Matt Schaub who was fairly priced. Instead I’m left standing on the sidelines on what it could have been. I fell a TD and 2 yards short of making a big score. Foster had multiple chances at the goal line, but he just couldn’t get it across the goal line.

The wise guys in this week’s SportsDraftDaily tournament used the Schaub/Johnson combination which delivered 77.38 points. They were both the best players at their positions and they posted scores to separate them from the pack. Each of the top finishing teams used these players plus they used Marcel Reese who posted a solid score of 21.30.

VinceBarnes won this week with a score of 157.68. He beat OceanDude by 1.9 points which was ultimately decided by the kicker (Folk - 13 – Dawson – 10). Vince went for the layup (A.J. Green) who had scored in 8 straight games. He did what he does best and scored again to post a solid 18.1 points. OceanDude went with the chalk play of Doug Martin who was a robbed of a TD late in the game. To me, he clearly fumbled the ball after he crossed the goal line. That TD would have given OceanDude the win this week and I’m sure it was a tense booth review for VinceBarnes. In the end, Martin matched Green’s 18.1 points.

The loss of the TD by Martin ended up helping OceanDude as Dallas Clark (15.30) scored the winning TD in overtime, but it wasn’t enough to catch the top team.

Overall VinceBarnes didn’t do anything special with the rest of his roster. He had his edge by his front 4 players and his kicker had a solid game.

1st – Vince Barnes (157.68)

QB – Matt Schaub (37.08)

RB – Marcel Reese (21.30)

RB – James Starks (8.50)

WR – Andre Johnson (40.30)

WR – Reggie Wayne (10.70)

TE – Owen Daniels (8.70)

Flex – A.J. Green (18.10)

K – Nick Folk (13.00)

It was a great win for Mr. VinceBarnes who was denied at the goal line in week 7 when he has Antonio Brown left to play. Brown threw a TD pass in the game that would have won the week for him, but it was called back due to a penalty. He finished in 2nd that week, but it is just heart breaking when you are so close to a chance at $100,000. Vince is a smart man and he is a top high stakes fantasy baseball player. His goal is to win $100,000 in the NFBC each season. With his win, he’s hoping he can build his bankroll so he can continue his excellent fantasy career. If he takes home the overall prize, he may even buy his brother a team in the NFBC main event this season.

2nd – OceanDude (155.78)

QB – Matt Schaub (37.08)

RB – Doug Martin (18.10)

WR – Andre Roberts (1.20)

TE – Dallas Clark (15.70)

Flex – Felix Jones (12.50)

K – Phil Dawson (10.00)

OceanDude really got screwed by Ken Whisenhunt. He hooked John Skelton after he was 2 for 7 for 6 yards. I still can’t understand it as the Cardinals were in the game and he clearly gave them the best chance of winning. Ryan Lindley was worthless behind center and he killed Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Roberts.

3rd – Top_Russian (151.98)

QB – Matt Schaub (37.08)

RB – LeSean McCoy (14.20)

WR – Denarius Moore (0.90)

TE – Brandon Myers (14.50)

Flex – Reggie Wayne (10.70)

K – Nick Folk (13.00)

Top_Russian looked like he was in the drive seat heading into the 4 o’clock games. He only needed 6.8 points from Denarius Moore. The game even set up perfectly for him as the Saints jumped out to a big lead. Moore only caught 1 of 7 targets for 9 yards as Vince cheered every time he dropped the ball.

For the week, we had 788 teams which was slightly more than last week. This week we will have our 3rd $100 quarter pole tournament. It gives fantasy players a chance to win a seat into the championship round at a higher price point, but it is against a much smaller field.

We also made some adjustment to the player’s salaries to help you put in a better quality lineup. Our salaries have been creeping up as the season has gone up which has forced fantasy players to make tougher decision each Sunday. Hopefully you have more quality players in your lineup this week.

The lobby is open for week 12 and we have 5 weeks left in our regular season. There are 7 more seats left in the SportsDraftDaily’s $200,000 Championship round. Here’s a link to the rules:

Happy Holidays from the SportsDraftDaily team

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:50 am

After Sunday’s games, it appeared the top teams would stay intact with a banged up Philly offense and the underperforming Cam Newton playing in Monday night game. On Sunday there really were only a couple difference scores. The top four scoring QB’s for the week all played on Thursday (Brady, Griffin, Romo, and Stafford). The top three scores for WR came from the Thanksgiving Day games (Dez Bryant, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson). With so much top talent off the board, it led to a low scoring week. With scoring down, the teams with players left on Monday night had a chance to win if they could get a couple of plus games by their players.

Bryce Brown and Cam Newton were the stories of the week. Newton had his best game of the year and he posted the highest score at QB (37.44) on the week. Brown also posted the highest score at RB (32.90).

For the second consecutive week, a top player from the NFBC/NFFC won the seat into SportsDraftDaily’s $200,000 Championship round. RKulaski had sweat out the last half of the 4th quarter of the Philly/Carolina game. IMAgreatwhite was in second place with Can Newton on his team (both teams had Bryce Brown). The final score was 142.46 – 140.64.

The Panthers held the ball for almost the last 8:35 minutes of the game. When Cam Newton scored his 2nd rushing TD (4th overall TD) with 4:40 left in the game, RKulaski had to think his chance of winning was at risk. I’m sure his heart dropped when Graham Gano missed the extra point as it brought in the chance of overtime if Philly could score a TD and score a 2 point conversion.

On the kickoff after Newton’s TD, the Eagles fumbled the ball which gave the ball back to Carolina. IMAgreatwhite jumped from his seat as he had a chance to steal this week’s tournament. Meanwhile RKulaski threw the remote and he began pacing the room. IMAgreatwhite was within 2.70 points of the lead with 4:31 left in the game.

With one broken pass play or a long Newton run, IMAgreatwhite could win. After two short completions and four the DeAngelo Williams runs, the deciding moment of the game came. It was 3rd and 6 at the Eagles 27 yards line. Newton dropped back to pass and he hit Mike Tolbert for an 11 yards gain which sealed the game for Carolina and it gave RKulaski a chance to win $100,000 in SportsDraftDaily’s $200,000 Championship round.

RKulaski has a couple of top 10 overall finishes in the NFBC events. He has been knocking on the door for a big prize and he’ll have one more chance in week 17 of the NFL season. Here’s his winning team:

1st – RKulaski (142.46)

QB – Eli Manning (23.16)

RB – Bryce Brown (32.90)

RB – Doug Martin (19.30)

WR – A.J. Green (14.70)

WR – Jordy Nelson (14.10)

TE – Jermaine Gresham (12.10)

Flex – Reggie Wayne (14.20)

K – Mike Nugget (12.00)

RKulaski was able to get double digit scoring from every position plus one difference maker score. Kickers and TE’s were tough this week as most top players at both positions delivered short scores.

2nd – IMAgreatwhite (140.64)

QB – Cam Newton (37.44)

RB – Bryce Brown (32.90)

RB – Marcel Reese (12.30)

WR – A.J. Green (14.7)

WR – Brandon Marshall (15.20)

TE – Martellus Bennett (5.90)

K – Nick Novak (8.00)

IMAgreatwhite missed at TE and the Chargers couldn’t give Nick Novak a chance to kick a game winning field goal in overtime. It’s amazing to see the difference in winning or losing is decided by the kicker in many weeks.

3rd – Rog11sm (133.66)

QB – Eli Manning (23.16)

RB – Bryce Brown (32.90)

RB – Ray Rice (20.40)

WR – A.J. Green (14.7)

WR – Victor Cruz (11.10)

TE – Brandon Myers (6.20)

K – Justin Tucker (11.00)

Rog11sm finished in 3rd for 2nd time in three weeks. He nearly matched RKulaski point for point in each roster slot with the exception of TE. Myers didn’t produce and he was the reason why Rog11sm didn’t win this week.

We had 961 entries in this week’s tournament which was the highest total of the season. There are four more weeks left to qualify for SportsDraftDaily’s $200,000 Championship round. The lobby is open for this week’s games and here is a link for the rules:

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:09 pm

I actually thought that interest would wane as the season wore on. I was surprised to see 961 entries this past Sunday.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Week 13 was championship week in the high stakes fantasy baseball market. It is a week where league championships and league championship fields are decided. This week’s winner in SportsDraftDaily’s $200,000 tournament was Quahogs. He destroyed the field of 850+ teams with the highest score of the year (177.48 points). He also won a seat into the championship round in week 5 so he is the first player to earn to tickets to the $100,000 overall prize.

Quahogs is one of the top high stakes players in fantasy baseball and fantasy football. He is the #1 lifetime player in the National Fantasy Baseball Championship with $203,900 in career winnings and he won the NFBC overall title in 2010. Football is his second sport that gets him through the baseball off season. He has $55,200 in winnings in the NFFC plus he won over $47,000 in the FFPC playoff football tournament last year.

As I mention it was championship week in the high stake markets, Quahogs looked himself into about $19,500 in winnings this week in the high stakes season long games plus he finished as the #1 seed overall in the NFFC Primetime event where the winning team has a chance to win $150,000 over the next 3 weeks. Quahogs was so busy making lineup decisions in the season long games that he only had time to throw two Hail Mary picks in the SportsDraftDaily event. He nailed six of eight picks which led to his complete domination of the field. He took the layup at RB (Bryce Brown – 32.30) and he paired him with Adrian Peterson (28.50). He went with a Peyton/Thomas hookup plus Calvin Johnson (29.60). He had the top kicker on the week Jason Hanson (18.00) plus he hit on a low priced TE Martellus Bennett (16.70). Here’s his whole roster:

1st – Quahogs (177.48)

QB – Peyton Manning (19.18)

RB – Bryce Brown (32.30)

RB – Adrian Peterson (28.50)

WR – Calvin Johnson (29.60)

WR – Demaryius Thomas (25.90)

TE – Martellus Bennett (16.70)

Flex – DeAngelo Williams (7.30)

K – Jason Hanson (18.00)

Quahogs is the 3rd consecutive winner from the high stakes NFBC/NFFC market. The second place team TrentSteele is also a crossover player from the high stakes season long games. He finished 2nd this week with a score of 159.64. Every one of his players scored double digit points except Reggie Wayne (7.1). He had an edge at QB (Andrew Luck – 28.94) and his flex player (Trent Richardson – 17.00). He matched Quahogs with Peterson and Brown, but his WR productions couldn’t match the 1st place team. Last summer TrentSteele qualified for a championship round in daily baseball where he had a chance to win $100,000.

2nd – TrentSteele (159.64)

QB – Andrew Luck (28.94)

RB – Bryce Brown (32.30)

WR – Reggie Wayne (7.10)

WR – Wes Welker (22.30)

TE – Jermaine Gresham (11.50)

Flex – Trent Richardson (17.00)

K – Ryan Succop (12.00)

The 3rd place team Sinnerman had a chance at the steal on Monday night. He had Robert Griffin (17.72) and Pierre Garcon (20.6) playing, but a short score by Griffin cost him a chance at this week’s seat. He had Peterson and Brown as well plus he hit on the great game by Brandon Myers (26.00). Unfortunately A.J. Green (13.00) couldn’t match Calvin Johnson last week.

3rd – Sinnerman (156.42)

QB – Robert Griffin (17.72)

RB – Bryce Brown (32.30)

WR – A.J Green (13.00)

WR – Pierre Garcon (20.60)

TE – Brandon Myers (26.00)

Flex – Knowshon Moreno (10.30)

K – Mike Nugent (8.00)

There are 3 more weeks left to qualify for the championship round in SportsDraftDaily’s $200,000 Championship plus we will be offering a 4th seat in in our last Quarter Pole Tournament in week 16. Here’s the link to the rules:

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 pm

rkulaski wrote:I actually thought that interest would wane as the season wore on. I was surprised to see 961 entries this past Sunday.
Nice job last week, the game is new and we should get more users as we move forward. You won the seat with most entries so your win is the most impressive so far :). Good luck in the finals!