Does Fanball own FFOC

TamuScarecrow

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon May 10, 2010 11:08 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but putting the money into an escrow account would be nothing more than a "feel good" thing in that the NFFC would still control the money, kind of like Congress putting the Social Security funds in an escrow account?
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Coltsfan

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Coltsfan » Mon May 10, 2010 11:18 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
Correct me if I'm wrong but putting the money into an escrow account would be nothing more than a "feel good" thing in that the NFFC would still control the money, kind of like Congress putting the Social Security funds in an escrow account? Rick,

I honestly don't have any problems with the nffc not paying - there are no concerns to me at all. But I do believe that the industry as a whole should move that direction. For the nffc it would be a great marketing move and further setting them apart from wcoff.

The security comes into play as owners of contests wouldn't be able to write checks on prize money for day to day operations. The money would only be available to them at the completions of the leagues. This would protect against the guys who can't manage their money. And I believe that is what has happened in the contests that failed. I don't believe anyone set out to steal money from fantasy football players.

It's just a layer of protection. If somebody was just out to steal then I'm sure they still could but the escrow takes care of money mismanagement. The nffc should do it just to be a leader in the industry and as a marketing tool. Just my opinion.

Wayne

TamuScarecrow

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon May 10, 2010 11:52 am

I'm just trying to get some expertise here, Wayne. I'm sure GK, being the financial wizard that he is, can explain the nuances of an escrow account. I will reserve my thoughts on this thread until GK's response.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Greg Ambrosius

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon May 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
I'm just trying to get some expertise here, Wayne. I'm sure GK, being the financial wizard that he is, can explain the nuances of an escrow account. I will reserve my thoughts on this thread until GK's response. Again, let's start up a new thread to talk about escrow accounts. I have my own opinions on these, but I don't want to share them on a thread that has nothing to do with this subject.

Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius