Trendsetters 2013

BillyWaz

Re: Trendsetters 2013

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:10 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:Is this league for fun or do you have an entry fee and play the whole thing out? Post some rounds/picks you trendsetters! Fun to watch!
We play it out, Jared.

May need consent from all owners to post, as they may not want their picks being disclosed this early. ;)

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Oh my bad, I thought I always saw someone post the picks the last few years! I understand if people don't want to post them. Fun with early drafts when you draft before everyone has a set range thanks to all the rankings of the websites

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:26 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:Oh my bad, I thought I always saw someone post the picks the last few years! I understand if people don't want to post them. Fun with early drafts when you draft before everyone has a set range thanks to all the rankings of the websites
Jared, several of us do post our picks after each "phase" and our thoughts behind the picks. I'm pretty sure Greg also does a summary of the draft after each phase as well. We're in round 4 or this 6 round phase. We'll probably be at the first 3-week break by Friday.

ForLoveOfTheGame

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 pm

I heard Greg & Tom talking about it on Sirius tonight... Aaron Rodgers at 19? :o :o :o

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:I heard Greg & Tom talking about it on Sirius tonight... Aaron Rodgers at 19? :o :o :o
It is a DC.....which makes a small difference, but I don't see him getting out of the first round in redrafts come August/September.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:I heard Greg & Tom talking about it on Sirius tonight... Aaron Rodgers at 19? :o :o :o
This was great, great content last night on our STATS Fantasy Advantage show on SiriusXM. We talked about the first 2 rounds for 7-8 minutes and then jumped into the Quarterback rankings. But we'll continue to have one segment on football per week and we'd love to continue talking about these Trendsetter results. We might even bring on an owner from this league to talk about what he or she is seeing from the first six rounds.

All of this football talk makes us eager to get our draft room up and running soon for the start of our NFFC Draft Champions National Championship. I think others are ready to draft soon, too. ;) LET'S DO IT!!

But thanks for the first 2 rounds of results guys. They were a BIG HIT on the show last night and I know SiriusXM loved them too.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 am

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:Oh my bad, I thought I always saw someone post the picks the last few years! I understand if people don't want to post them. Fun with early drafts when you draft before everyone has a set range thanks to all the rankings of the websites
I don't mind posting my picks with a little critique or thought process per pick after each segment of the draft. We do 6 rounds this segment, followed by three 5 round segments. The segments are at three week intervals, all leading up to the NFL draft. After the NFL draft, we fill in our "rookie" picks, then finish off with 9 rounds to complete the 30 man DC roster.

It's a very fun/competitive draft with a great group of NFFC veterans. We normally do about a round per day. Nobody's in any hurry, but nobody holds it up either.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:43 am

Yea I think most of us will post our picks and thoughts after this first 6 round segment is done.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:56 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
This was great, great content last night on our STATS Fantasy Advantage show on SiriusXM. We talked about the first 2 rounds for 7-8 minutes and then jumped into the Quarterback rankings. But we'll continue to have one segment on football per week and we'd love to continue talking about these Trendsetter results. We might even bring on an owner from this league to talk about what he or she is seeing from the first six rounds.

All of this football talk makes us eager to get our draft room up and running soon for the start of our NFFC Draft Champions National Championship. I think others are ready to draft soon, too. ;) LET'S DO IT!!

But thanks for the first 2 rounds of results guys. They were a BIG HIT on the show last night and I know SiriusXM loved them too.
This is a GREAT show, as it all about the NFFC and NFBC! (and basketball too).

If try to catch this show live as much as possible, and if not I catch it on Sirius On Demand. It's a great way to get new people in, and advertise the NFFC/NFBC.

Really good stuff, and it actually has me considering baseball, but I don't know if I am there yet. ;) For now, I will focus on Trendsetters. :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks Billy. I think the content is very good and last night's show had a real good flow to it. We had live interviews with two overall champions -- NFBC Hall of Famer Lindy Hinkelman and Michael O'Brien -- great data about Ryan Braun from Sammy the STATS Man, and the most current NFBC draft that saw Braun fall all the way to 5th. With our ADPs right now, our show is packed with pretty solid data for baseball folks getting ready for their drafts.

And we had the first official fantasy football draft of the night mixed into the show as well, thanks to the NFFC Trendsetters. That led perfectly into our segment on QBs because Rodgers fell to the 19th overall pick. That 15-minute segment just zipped by. Well, Tom got on a roll there and couldn't stop, but that's all good!! ;)

We get emails right after the show from folks who want to learn more about our events and I think the $350 Online Championships are going to fall right into this audience's wheelhouse. I think these folks will also love the Draft Champions National Championship. It's a great way to bring in new customers and to grow our base of die-hard players. Thanks for the comments.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius