Crabtree May Be Done For The Season

Tom Kessenich

Crabtree May Be Done For The Season

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 22, 2013 11:50 am

Michael Crabtree suffered a torn Achilles' during OTA's on Tuesday and may be done for the season. This would be a huge blow to the 49ers. Crabtree was the 13th-ranked WR in NFFC drafts so far with an ADP of 38.86.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... s/2350547/
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Re: Crabtree May Be Done For The Season

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Crabtree averaged 9.4 targets per game in Kaepernick's 10 starts last season. The next highest was Vernon Davis at 3.9. This is obviously a gigantic blow to the Niners' offense.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Wed May 22, 2013 12:16 pm

Have no fear, the mighty Q is here.
Boldin will reap the benefits.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 22, 2013 12:17 pm

DOOMSDAY wrote:Have no fear, the mighty Q is here.
Boldin will reap the benefits.
If only this was 2008. ;)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy » Thu May 23, 2013 10:40 am

Where is that vomit smiley when you need it - that about sums up my sentiments as a diehard niner fan. Terrible, terrible loss. Vernon Davis anyone?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 24, 2013 7:51 am

Hoosier Daddy wrote:Vernon Davis anyone?
Does Kaepernick know he's still on the team? He didn't seem to realize that last season.

The Niners have to add someone at WR in my opinion. I've been Tweeting that Brandon Lloyd makes the most sense. Without Crabtree, the Niners may have the worst WR corps in the league. Boldin's ancient, Manningham's hurt (and not a No. 1 anyway) and Jenkins was a huge bust as a rookie. I don't see how they can expect to solve this from within.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Fri May 24, 2013 8:37 am

Lloyd??? If the Wide Receiver needy Patriots didn't keep him why would SF want him? Hopefully for the Niners Jenkins gets his but in gear. Maybe Patton? Doesn't seem as though anybody has interest in Lloyd.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri May 24, 2013 8:45 am

David U Kennedy wrote:Lloyd??? If the Wide Receiver needy Patriots didn't keep him why would SF want him?
Lloyd has some locker room issues which is reportedly why the Patriots didn't want him back. Plus, the Patriots are the team that didn't want Wes Welker either so I'm not sure we can compare anyone else to New England in terms of how they do their business. The 49ers are in pure desperation mode right now in my opinion. Their WR corps could be the worst in the league without Crabtree. Lloyd in my opinion is by far the best option available. Maybe they'll wait and try to get Nate Washington or make a run at someone like Malcom Floyd but I think Lloyd is their best option at this point.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy » Fri May 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Does Kaepernick know he's still on the team? He didn't seem to realize that last season.

The Niners have to add someone at WR in my opinion. I've been Tweeting that Brandon Lloyd makes the most sense. Without Crabtree, the Niners may have the worst WR corps in the league. Boldin's ancient, Manningham's hurt (and not a No. 1 anyway) and Jenkins was a huge bust as a rookie. I don't see how they can expect to solve this from within.
Yeah I think they add a receiver also but Lloyd is highly unlikely to me just because of the type of player Baalke and Harbaugh like on their team which are hard working football players. Lloyd just doesn't fit, he is a headcase. Nate Washington may be in play once he's released.

As far as Vernon Davis goes, him and Kaepernick really clicked in the playoffs so it just took a little longer for them but they do have chemistry, we just didn't see it as fantasy football players when we analyze regular season stats. I think you'll see Vernon's ADP creep up now.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue May 28, 2013 8:55 am

Hoosier Daddy wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:

Yeah I think they add a receiver also but Lloyd is highly unlikely to me just because of the type of player Baalke and Harbaugh like on their team which are hard working football players.
Randy Moss is/was the opposite of a hard-working player and the Niners (foolishly in my opinion) signed him last season. Lloyd is Jerry Rice compared to Moss right now. I agree Lloyd is a headcase but the Niners' WR situation looks putrid to me. I think they have to roll the dice and take a chance. I don't see any other WR available who is as talented as Lloyd.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich