Revised NFFC Prize Structure Proposal

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:46 am

Originally posted by TamuScarecrow:
Greg, when you call my house replace the 3 karat tennis bracelet with a BMW. I want to get lucky this weekend. Pretty sad if you think that us married guys have to get "lucky".

When we were courting our wives before marriage....sex used to be a "lay-up". :mad:

So for all you single guys out there who are contemplating marriage....look for a woman who is a mute nymphomaniac. Best of both worlds....tons of sex and they dont ever talk back to you!
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:00 am

Good one Rick! Actually, Krause Publications has 450 employees in a town of 1,100 people. I live 1 mile from work in a nice secluded place, so running into work each night is easy. The kids love to come into work and run around at night too when nobody is here. So I have the best of all worlds.

If you ever see x.slss.sslslsl on the Message Boards, that was from my two-year-old!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

bakesmn

Post by bakesmn » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:03 am

I see there has been some discussion as to when the draft positions will be determined. I agree that entries must be closed before that is determined. Do we know yet when the deadline is gonna be for signups?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:43 am

The deadline is Aug. 30th bakesmn. I'm pretty sure Greg and Tom said they would be posting the draft orders on the 31st.

[ August 24, 2004, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Diesel ]
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:50 am

Signup deadline, per the countdown ticker, appears to be Sunday night as the clock strikes midnight into Monday (12:00AM). I'm going to guess that Greg will review the entries he receives when he arrives bright and early Monday, 8/30 and close shop then. Perhaps, he will have some opportunity to mix and match between the 3 cities to complete another league after the deadline. He did something similar to that for baseball and it worked out well.

Monday is almost here!

Pete

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:26 am

You are correct Pete. I actually fly to Las Vegas first thing Tuesday morning as I'm also hosting the 10th Fantasy Sports Trade Conference at the Flamingo on Sept. 1-2 with over 140 industry executives coming to town. So I'm actually trying to sell two events at once and working the phones on two different angles. That explains why you don't see me on the Message Boards during business hours as it's just crazy. But the Trade Conference is a HUGE success for us as this will be a record attendance.

But forget about that. I need to be involved with the draft selection on Monday and so Tom and I will definitely review everything and see where we're at with signups for each city that day. I would suspect that we'll pick the leagues and draft orders that afternoon and likely work late that night to announce the selections online and via e-mail. Those who snooze lose.

We have promised draft picks no later than Tuesday, Aug. 31st and that's still possible. But since I'm leaving that morning, I have a feeling Monday late afternoon or evening on Aug. 30th is more likely.

Damn, I get tingly just talking about picking the draft order!!! How about you?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:53 pm

Just as an FYI, since we've made this announcement on Sunday night about the possible prize structure change, we've had 17 NFFC signups, giving us at least 13 full leagues. Only one person has said they will leave if we reduce the grand prize, but we'll keep working hard to add leagues and see what happens in the end. Maybe we'll be able to keep that guy. Thanks for your support everyone and keep 'em coming.

Bret Borg

Post by Bret Borg » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:15 pm

Greg & Tom:

You already know how we stand, but "DIDO" to everyone's full support of the revised prize structure. Two words, "First Class"!!!! We are looking forward to Sin City.

Oh, for those of you looking for "permission" from your wife or need Greg to "hide" behind a B of A "Fletch-like" act, my wife is my NFFC co-manager & I'll match her football wisdom with anyone (aka "The Goddess of Football"). Looks like I'll be getting all sorts of action in "Sin City" on our way to the $100,000.

Thanks again, Greg & Tom!!!!!!!!

(The "fence sitters" must be represented by the Postons, 'cuz this is a no brainer. Sign up now, before it's too late!)

Bret Borg

Post by Bret Borg » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:47 pm

Snake:

It's not too late to "recruit" your wife as your co-manager.

Maverick

(If that doesn't work...you might try the 5 karat tennis bracelet...she would "love" that...)